Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,397 members, 7,932,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:39 AM

Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election (897 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan As An Election Observer In Tanzania (Photos) / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by naso2(m): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
" He has no political experience",
"He has never contested an election before not even at the ward level" ,
"He is toying with the North, they will bring him to his knees"
"Atiku has been a veteran from the pre june 12 days ,he will teach GEJ a political lesson"
"This will be a replica of the failed third term bid, once the core north is not comfortable with it, then it will fail"
"GEJ is not even sure of the votes of his SS region, Even his home state (Bayelsa) is in disarray , there are feelers that Atiku will blindside him even in his homefront"
" Atiku overtakes GEJ in delegate poll"
"Jonathan's  team rattled by atiku's choice and organised campaigns"
"Atiku floors Jonathan"
"Governors only deceiving Jonathan"

These were all common lines  used to discount the strength of GEJ, hence we waited in anticipation , positive of our man's chances but somehow surprised about the audaciousness of our opponents and detractors. Positive becuase of the conflicting tones from the opponents camp, positive because we could not reconcile the warnings of impending political disgrace that loomed for GEJ, while at the same time asking that he should not even enter the contest, becuase it was a call to anarchy.

Positive becuase the self acclaimed master of negotiation and "politricks"  showed his waning belief in his old tools and resorted to boko-haramish threats warning the leadership of the country in very stern terms that violent change was seemingly inevitable. The bombs went off, churches got burnt and finally attempts were made to provoke the military-----Bombs went off  in their very barracks. Our opponents  too excited about happenings attempted using sober moments  to score cheap political points. All these harrasements strengthened our belief.

Finally the day came and all is now history. what else can I say? Which state do I award for loyalty? IS IT AKWA IBOM THAT MADE IT 141-0 OR KATSINA WHOSE LOSS INFORMED THE CURRENT HAPPENINGS , BUT REFUSED TO BE FOOLED BY THE CIROMA LED 9 UNWISE MEN BY MAKING IT 147-11?

YES GEJ HAS CONTESTED THE PRIMARIES AND WON. YES IT IS NOT YET UHURU, BUT LIKE IT OR NOT, THE BATTLES WE HAVE BEHIND US ARE TOUGHER THAN THE ONES AHEAD.

WHAT NEXT DO OUR OPPONENTS HAVE TO SAY?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by babytoun: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
@OP

very , very true. Nice piece

The much touted experience by OTIKU was a fluke.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by onemopol: 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2011
na_so:

" He has no political experience",
"He has never contested an election before not even at the ward level" ,
"He is toying with the North, they will bring him to his knees"
"Atiku has been a veteran from the pre june 12 days ,he will teach GEJ a political lesson"
"This will be a replica of the failed third term bid, once the core north is not comfortable with it, then it will fail"
"GEJ is not even sure of the votes of his SS region, Even his home state (Bayelsa) is in disarray , there are feelers that Atiku will blindside him even in his homefront"
" Atiku overtakes GEJ in delegate poll"
"Jonathan's team rattled by atiku's choice and organised campaigns"
"Atiku floors Jonathan"
"Governors only deceiving Jonathan"

These were all common lines used to discount the strength of GEJ, hence we waited in anticipation , positive of our man's chances but somehow surprised about the audaciousness of our opponents and detractors. Positive becuase of the conflicting tones from the opponents camp, positive because we could not reconcile the warnings of impending political disgrace that loomed for GEJ, while at the same time asking that he should not even enter the contest, becuase it was a call to anarchy.

Positive becuase the self acclaimed master of negotiation and "politricks" showed his waning belief in his old tools and resorted to boko-haramish threats warning the leadership of the country in very stern terms that violent change was seemingly inevitable. The bombs went off, churches got burnt and finally attempts were made to provoke the military-----Bombs went off in their very barracks. Our opponents too excited about happenings attempted using sober moments to score cheap political points. All these harrasements strengthened our belief.

Finally the day came and all is now history. what else can I say? Which state do I award for loyalty? IS IT AKWA IBOM THAT MADE IT 141-0 OR KATSINA WHOSE LOSS INFORMED THE CURRENT HAPPENINGS , BUT REFUSED TO BE FOOLED BY THE CIROMA LED 9 UNWISE MEN BY MAKING IT 147-11?

YES GEJ HAS CONTESTED THE PRIMARIES AND WON. YES IT IS NOT YET UHURU, BUT LIKE IT OR NOT, THE BATTLES WE HAVE BEHIND US ARE TOUGHER THAN THE ONES AHEAD.

WHAT NEXT DO OUR OPPONENTS HAVE TO SAY?

Word. You did not even mention the attempts to stop him through the courts.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by blacksta(m): 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
Poster

You forgot acknowledge the power of brown envelopes, Anneih promising to fish out delegates who dont vote for GEJ, The release of a Murder called Senator Folarin so that he can be at the primaries, The depletion of the Excess Crude account to finance last minute political mago mago. The Attempt to change the constitution to make assembly members delegates of political parties THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

If the above is what you call democracy then we are finished

I accept they are no saints in politics but GEJ promised that he would never spill the blood of a Nigerian just because he wants to be president.

I fought for GEJ ( Protesting at the UK Nigerian embassy) when the turai cabal were trying to circumnavigate the Nigerian constitution but the recent evils happening around GEJ has confirmed otherwise though he may have a good heart but the Nija problems over whelms GEJ as he has duly noted to the US envoy that he lacks the experience and that there are others who could do a much better job.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by wesley80(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

Poster

You forgot acknowledge the power of brown envelopes, Anneih promising to fish out delegates who dont vote for GEJ, The release of a Murder called Senator Folarin so that he can be at the primaries, The depletion of the Excess Crude account to finance last minute political mago mago. The Attempt to change the constitution to make assembly members delegates of political parties THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

I accept they are no saints in politics but GEJ promised that he would never spill the blood of a Nigerian just because he wants to be president.

I fought for GEJ ( Protesting at the UK Nigerian embassy) when the turai cabal were trying to circumnavigate the Nigerian constitution but the recent evils happening around GEJ has confirmed otherwise though he may have a good heart but the Nija problems over whelms GEJ as he has duly noted to the US envoy that he lacks the experience and that there are others who could do a much better job.

My friend Sharrap there. Since u know all about the Democracy we r lacking what r u still doing in the UK? Why didnt u come and teach us? Is it that u couldnt afford d PDP form or u were simply afraid of getting Ati*kued? (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-585585.0.html)
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by naso2(m): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

Poster

This was what you psoted immediately after GEJ was sworn in as acting president. How could you have protested in the UK for this to happen and immediately condemn it when it  happened? lipsrsealed

blacksta:

useless replacing useless /  what was his track record when he was assistant governor/governor/vice president

I once warned Nigerians to effectively manage their expectations in relation to Goodluck ascending to the post of President. This is man that had a poor service delivery as an assistant gov, governor and vice president.  Just Imagine if Atiku were  the vice president .  The man would have consolidated the presidential position much more quicker than Jonathan.   To be a president in Nigeria is not about just been educated but one must a maintain a balance of  Wittiness and Flexibility to Rescue Nigeria from the claws of death.  Jonathan was never the man.  

Just to show how inconsistent you are beginning to sound . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by Jakumo(m): 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
Na so me too I see am o.

Out of all the lizard dem when lie-down for ground, na only the one when belle dey pain am go fiti know hinsef.

Ain't no stoppin' Johnny      Hah    He's on the move !
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by Mobinga: 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

Poster

You watched the elections, didn't you? Did you see pdp putting a gun on anybody's head? They received the paper, they wrote down the name and submitted. They have their conscience.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by blacksta(m): 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2011
na_so:

This was what you psoted immediately after GEJ was sworn in as acting president. How could you have protested in the UK for this to happen and immediately condemn it when it  happened? lipsrsealed

Just to show how inconsistent you are beginning to sound . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lol  - Digging out old post  - but thank God there is consistency in post.

Sorry i did not make my clear .  I will try again

My reference for fighting GEJ Is being taken out of context.  What i really meant was defending the Nigerian constitution where it requires the vice president take over if the president is deemed incapable to carry out duties of the office of the president.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by blacksta(m): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
Mobinga:

You watched the elections, didn't you? Did you see pdp putting a gun on anybody's head? They received the paper, they wrote down the name and submitted. They have their conscience.

How naive can one get - so you expect mago mago to be done in the open. After your man Annieh promised to fish out delegates who do not vote for GEJ.

One of the reasons why votes were collated states by states - to allow easy fishing out of those who did not vote for GEJ.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by jaybee3(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

How naive can one get - so you expect mago mago to be done in the open. After your man Annieh promised to fish out delegates who do not vote for GEJ.

One of the reasons why votes were collated states by states - to allow easy fishing out of those who did not vote for GEJ.
How is he going to be able to fish 'em out?
Are delegate names included on the ballot paper?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by Mobinga: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

[s]How naive can one get  - so you expect mago mago to be done in the open.  After your man Annieh promised to fish out delegates who do not vote for GEJ.

[/s]
Wrong.
And you think the delegates wrote down their names on the piece of paper? That's absolutely ridiculous
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by blacksta(m): 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2011
jay bee:

How is he going to be able to fish 'em out?
Are delegate names included on the ballot paper?

Annieh reminded the delegates that he was former police commissioner that he is a trained handwriting detector expert.  How he would achieved that i dont know.  Maybe GEJ Knows
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by Mobinga: 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
angry
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by jaybee3(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
Common blacksta cheesy cheesy cheesy You are realling cracking me up with your humour 2day.

You are basically telling me that the clueless dude is going to be able to detect a delegate that wrote "Turaki Adamawa" on his/her ballot paper? Just laughable.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by KnowAll(m): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
He has finally contested and won handsomely too. Kudos to him, I think he would win the Preisdential too.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by blacksta(m): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
jay bee:

Common blacksta cheesy cheesy cheesy You are realling cracking me up with your humour 2day.

You are basically telling me that the clueless dude is going to be able to detect a delegate that wrote "Turaki Adamawa" on his/her ballot paper? Just laughable.

Well my friend  - that is Nigeria for you - where you have illiterate gullible delegates who are only in it for the brown envelopes

As for me i am not fooled - cause i am aware of the enormous task/efforts required to analyse hand writings
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by jaybee3(m): 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
I was actually wandering whilst watching it yesterday why they didn't just go via the tick box route instead of allowing the not so clever delegates to write their respective names on the ballot paper. At least I'm sure that would have tackled the void ballots issue.
Well i guess we can only wish
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by naso2(m): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

Annieh reminded the delegates that he was former police commissioner that he is a trained handwriting detector expert. How he would achieved that i dont know. Maybe GEJ Knows

So the traditional NW states and Niger that voted for ATIKU either did not get the envelop or they are technologically smarter to know that Annineh was issuing empty threats?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by KnowAll(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
Winning Elections is an aphrodisiac, would Jonthan now stick to his one term plan or would want to run again. We shall see.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by daylae(m): 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
The most dangerous,hopeless and vunerable situation one can ever find himself is when one is battling with a man whom God had already decided to favour.

The truth be told,he doesn't even need to match the political strength,experience and savvy babangida and atiku have. Many can't even say why they think he deserve their votes.

Atiku might try again from another political party.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by bigdoo: 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
It is wrong to say that GEJ has no political experience.  He has been in politics for so long enough as to make him aware of the nature of politics in Nigeria.  And besides you must reckon that he is quite educated.  So he could catch up with developments much faster than the lots of IBB, Atiku, OBJ and Buhari to mention but a few.  You can say that he does not have the experience of rigging elections like other past presidents of Nigeria.  Or you can say that he does not have the experience of stealing our oil money like other past presidents dead and alive.  The man has proved himself and is yet to even prove himself more in future what it is all said and done.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by bigdoo: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2011
It is wrong to say that GEJ has no political experience. He has been in politics for so long enough as to make him aware of the nature of politics in Nigeria. And besides you must reckon that he is quite educated. So he could catch up with developments much faster than the lots of IBB, Atiku, OBJ and Buhari to mention but a few. You can say that he does not have the experience of rigging elections like other past presidents of Nigeria. Or you can say that he does not have the experience of stealing our oil money like other past presidents dead and alive. The man has proved himself and is yet to even prove himself more in future when it is all said and done.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by ajani68: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
Tell them o, they will stay in UK and post rubish to nairaland,if everybody ran away like them who is going to make the change?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by onemopol: 7:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
KnowAll:

Winning Elections is an aphrodisiac, would Jonthan now stick to his one term plan or would want to run again. We shall see.

Too early to talk about that. lets address the elections at hand now.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jonathan[b](PDP Party Head[/b]) won the[b] PDP Primaries[/b] last night ( Same as winning Hall Monitor for your class) and that is same as winning an Election?? What the F !! shocked shocked
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Finally Contested And Won An Election by naso2(m): 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^^^^^

Oga teacher, so what is the choosing process called?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan's Security Responsible For Port Harcourt Stampede Deaths ! / Of Ogun Politics: Daniel Versus Olurin / When A Governor And A Billionaire Fight - Akure, Ondo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.