Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,561 members, 7,951,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

Toshabi Poems - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Toshabi Poems (263 Views)

Submission Of Poems: Best “new” African Poets 2018 ANTHOLOGY / Whyke Anthology Home Of African Poems. / Nigeria@57: Happy Independence Day Messages, Quotes, Poems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toshabi Poems by ToshabiWorld(m): 6:10pm On May 14, 2020
WAR AGAINST MYSELF

A thousand war, a thousand drop none conquered,
None lost in a world full of people, my heart is lonely and feeble

I am fighting a war not for freedom, not against oppression, i am fighting against myself, my eyes lest the tears drop, a sign of submission.

A heart broken soul helpless, yet i must be mainly, tears are for the infants
I am determined but my eyes is aware of the war, my continuous strive for survival, and want to pour down a full barrel on my face.

Though my mouth is shut and my lips are sealed,my silent anguish is gradually eating me up
The discordancy of thoughts in my head
My eyes reminding me that they are willing to speak.

Body weak mind exhausted this is my plight
Despite the struggle and the fights, life remain tough,
This is why the eyes can not bear, they want to speak ,of how my plenty toil are at their peak.

This is the war
This is my fight

Meaning
The greatest battle to fight is the battle of oneself
Because when the eyes sees he sends the original copy to the brain, and when the brain recieves he explain the advantages to the heart to finalize, but and if GOD is not sitting in your heart you will see just the good side without the bad side. Even when you see the bad side the eyes the mind the brain will persuade you to believe that nothing will happen, but if it happen they without a tick of time they will start lamentations why you go into it.
So you need GOD to give you the great soldiers called self discipline, and brokeness to overcome this combat of life.

Are you a lover of poems?
Are you a potential writer that seeks a money generated competition?
Hurray!! There is now a platform.....
Hurry up and like our official fb page @ Toshabi Poems

(1) (Reply)

Edit Your Manuscript Like A Professional / 9 Secrets Of Writing Ebooks Without Spending A Dime. / There’s Never Been A Better Moment To Start A Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.