Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,837 members, 7,945,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid (448 Views)

I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by Notyamate(f): 7:48pm On May 14, 2020
Let's have some fun

While growing up, as a kid we have at one point or the other believed in some supernatural, superstitious and fetish things, though these are not true but at that time we believe it to be true.

Lemme start:

– If you tear and buried a pieces of Bible/Quran for 7days and dig it up, it would have turned to money. grin

– If bird pooped on your head you will be rich. grin

– If you eat snake intestines no amount of bullet will penetrate your body (Lalasticlala how far?).

– If you buried a male and a female lizard together and put a ring between them for 7 days, you can get any girl with that ring grin

– If you are constantly looking at your shadow at night, you will get thin.

– If you whistle in the hot afternoon sun snake will come out.

Over to you guys.
Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by chatinent: 7:50pm On May 14, 2020
None, I always debunked crazy ones.
Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by Cosmicstranger(m): 8:09pm On May 14, 2020
Never believed any
Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by annyz: 8:16pm On May 14, 2020
I believed then that masquerades are dead people and were our ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 14, 2020
Angel don pass
Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by helinues: 8:40pm On May 14, 2020
grin

I believed the 7 Sky ( Planets) to some extent until I started making research about cosmos...

Most of those superstitions are just to scare us or possibly out of ignorance
Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by VickyRotex(f): 8:47pm On May 14, 2020
If you cross someone's leg or they cross yours, you'll give birth to a child that looks like them. Something like that. I no remember.
Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by Omoluabi16(m): 9:00pm On May 14, 2020
VickyRotex:
If you cross someone's leg or they cross yours you'll, give birth to a child that look like them. Something like that that. I no remember.
If I chop orange seed, tree go grow for my head

If I no get up to 10 godmark/beauty spot, I'll go to hell fire.
Mango and garri kills.
If I'm in trouble. and I manage to pull one hair strand each from my head and eyelash, they'll forget to spank me. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by Yustash001(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2020
It's uncountable in Yoruba

If you sit on a mortar your mother will die

If you beat someone with broom, his prepuce will shrink

If you kill a vulture you'll not stay alive till the following week

just to mention a few..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by VickyRotex(f): 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
Omoluabi16:
If I chop orange seed, tree go grow for my head

If I no get up to 10 godmark/beauty spot, I'll go to hell fire.
Mango and garri kills.
If I'm in trouble. and I manage to pull one hair strand each from my head and eyelash, they'll forget to spank me. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

This your own bad ooo. 10 beauty spot kwa grin
I can relate to the orange and even rice.
Also mango and garri. Chaii. But I think there's something a combination of the 2 does to the stomach though, not just to the extent of being fatal.

That trouble own, I remember we did it to my mum several times. cheesy it was fingers crossed. We cross our fingers point to the direction where she is and voila when she come back she no go beat us again o. We thought that was working until one day na. cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Which Superstition Do You Believed/tried When You Were A Kid by Gentle0wavez: 7:36am On May 18, 2020
If bird poop on your head you will be rich. If you are bald, you will be rich.

(1) (Reply)

Long Lasting Affordable Perfumes / Female Doctor (1st Child @39, Award @61): You’re Never Too Old To Do Anything! / Dream Meaning Of Bathing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.