Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll (16289 Views)

Poll: Who is your candidate?

Buhari(CPC): 48% (356 votes)
Dele Momodu (NCP): 0% (2 votes)
GEJ(PDP): 25% (191 votes)
Ribadu(ACN): 21% (157 votes)
Utomi(SDMP): 1% (13 votes)
Okotie(FP): 0% (4 votes)
Shekarau(ANPP): 0% (5 votes)
Others: 1% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Official (presidential only) Results So Far Declared By INEC As At March 30 / Official Presidential Election Result For Ondo Has Been Released By INEC / Nairaland Presidential Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Pimpu(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2011
shadowmay:

well belive it or not 50% of the ppl would still vote GEJ in the april elections. check it out here--> www.asktheweber.com

funny i can't believe u will prefer a 20 man vote to the hundreds of vote u see b4 u in nairaland, now i see how myopic ur tinkin is just like ur mentor jef
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by odumchi: 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2011
Wasn't Buhari the same military dictator of the 80s? And you're all dropping your votes for him, sealing your fate. Sometimes people never learn.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2011
[size=14pt]^^It is clear that you were too young to have lived under Buhari leadership.

Buhari was forced to intervene after the Shagari government (installed by western stooge OBJ) almost looted us to our last kobo.

In just 1.5 years of leadership ( before western stooge and OBJ's friend, IBB, overthrew him), Buhari almosted sorted our country out.

He almost completely stamped out corruption shocked

He paid of our debts shocked

Inflation fell to 5% shocked

Streets were cleaned and queues were orderly. shocked

One dollar still equalled 1 Naira shocked

Crime levels were very low and streets were safe shocked

Electricity supply was stable shocked

If you do not believe me google him or ask your older relatives.[/size]
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by debest1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2011
GenBuhari:

[size=14pt]^^It is clear that you were too young to have lived under Buhari leadership.

Streets were cleaned and queues were orderly. shocked

One dollar still equalled 1 Naira shocked
Crime levels were very low and streets were safe shocked
Electricity supply was stable shocked
If you do not believe me google him or ask your older relatives.[/size]
and people queued for essential commodities, the issue is buhari is one way or the other cannot distance himself from the current malaise the nation is in. If not for his reign between 1984-1985 at least his tenure under the tyrannical IBB and Abacha
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^What are u talking about?

Buhari never served under IBB.

He did great things as PTF Chairman under Abacha
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Tunsbobo(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2011
I pity all of you guys dropping votes for buhari, especially christains and southerners. This man is a die hard religious fanatic, the only reason why he chose bakare as his running mate was to get more votes and not for other positive reasons. It wouldn't take buhari months to send bakare out and replace him with a northerner or an islamist if he is eventually elected! Its a pity that most you can't see beyond your eyes!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 9ijaMan: 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2011
Tunsbobo:

I pity all of you guys dropping votes for buhari, especially christains and southerners. This man is a die hard religious fanatic, the only reason why he chose bakare as his running mate was to get more votes and not for other positive reasons. It wouldn't take buhari months to send bakare out and replace him with a northerner or an islamist if he is eventually elected! Its a pity that most you can't see beyond your eyes!

You must have thought this forum is meant for toddlers like you. Perhaps you need to go to the kiddies section to hawk your lies!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2011
Buhari is an  ex- Head of State proven and tested and he was not a religious fanatic then.

Buhari's wife is a born again Christian

Buhari's driver is Christian

Buhari's cook is a Christian.

Stop spreading lies.
angry
Buhari has chosen a pastor as a vice president
Tunsbobo:

This man is a die hard religious fanatic, the only reason why he chose bakare as his running mate was to get more votes and not for other positive reasons. It wouldn't take buhari months to send bakare out and replace him with a northerner or an islamist if he is eventually elected!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Tunsbobo(m): 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2011
9ijaMan:

You must have thought this forum is meant for toddlers like you. Perhaps you need to go to the kiddies section to hawk your lies!
compare my post to yours. Which one looks more like a toddler's. I guess the answer is obvious
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by abolyem(m): 11:40am On Mar 10, 2011
Guys! Why can't us be objective about the choice of candidate out of the 3 strong contenders? (GEJ, BUHARI and RIBADU)

As far as GEJ is concerned:
we shud not expect a different nigeria under his government. This is because, it is the same set of pple that ruin dis country that are behind him and they will surely have their influence on him. From anoda angle, GEJ has spent more than a year as president, what great achievement or difference have we seen, they say a good thursday will be seen for a better friday to come. In GEJ case we do not see a gud 1 yaer plus so no guarantee for gud 4 years. the only thing that is gud about GEJ is because he comes from south south, that is all

For Ribadu:
Ribadu can not win with only the majority vote from south west, bcs he has no political base in the north he comes from. Moreover, ribadu might not be very good as we claim considering his anticident, because it was a selected prosecution under OBJ that he was doing. there were many corrupt leaders that he didn't touch especially those closed to OBJ then. so ribadu is in no way a messiah. he will just divide the vote for better person.

For Buhari:
He has led nigeria b4 with his guy Idiagbon, he has piloted affairs of PTF for 3 to 4 years b4. with all these, he has only 2 common houses (a story building each) 1 in kaduna his base and 1 in Daura his home town. this shows us all that this man is not corrupt and with the fact that he doesn't belong to any caucus means that he can fight corruption squarely. luk at his statement to ciroma when they backoff GEJ and want to merge with him last month, he frankly told them that they can't work together because ideas are different, if God want 2 truly use him that he will get there. WAI, the best policy that has ever work effectively in naija and for his ptf work no element of probe till now.Also see his running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, a known activist fighting everyday for better nigeria, Buhari is a man of masses, I strongly believe this man will change nigeria for its situation. let;s be serious and think straight for our better future, pls and pls let support buhari, he is the best among them.
Buhari is an ex- Head of State proven and tested and he was not a religious fanatic then.

Buhari's wife is a born again Christian

Buhari's driver is Christian

Buhari's cook is a Christian.

Stop spreading lies.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by hasyak(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^^ if only people will think without sentiments, then your thoughts are RIGHT!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by abolyem(m): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
u asked us to check www.asktheweber.com and there too Buhari is still leading. its better u face the reality and the truth Buhari is the best man among them
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Eltonluigi(m): 3:01am On Mar 11, 2011
No way, i'm not going to d polls,these politicians lacks ideology yet they promise what every average Nigerian would say if elected as president>electricity good roads,jobs etc.>ok what about these parties? all they seek for his power no idealogy also and jega won't make any difference,the police lack basic skills yet they parade with big gunz and truck.,mahn this country need some sought of reformation or should i say revolution!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by abolyem(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2011
Yes u really make sense man! but that reformation will not just come unless we aid it. one way to aid it is to vote in someone who can reform it not those that will continue what has been happening. Then Buhari still stand out to be a different person with different ideology from others like GEJ. we have to vote GEJ out if we really want changes in Nigeria u know? unless if we are ok with our present situation.if you do not vote then story continues. pls let's use our hand to change nigeria to a nation of our dream.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by gernded(m): 10:00am On Mar 11, 2011
Hello People,

I cannot understand why some people thinks that GEJ will lost an election, Now lets face the fact.
please disregard the opinion polls at the top of the forum is a hoax and misleading there are 1000 and 1 opinion polls on the net where GEJ emerges winners.

now talk of Corruption in the land how come about the corruption, which people introduce the corrupt systems and what does it take to clean it. Jonathan is still in his Otueke Village when the people who see themselves as chief makers crowned corruption in the Land.

If any person said that Buhari will win an election and GEJ will rig to win lets talk about the issue.
Where is the Block vote for Buhari?

Buhari you are talking about can only win some votes in the North west where Islamic is other of the day which he represent.

HE CANNOT GET ANY VOTE FROM THE EAST
HE CANNOT GET ANY VOTE FROM THE WEST
HE CANNOT GET ANY VOTE FROM THE SOUTH
HE CANNOT GET ANY VOTE FROM THE NORTH EAST
HE CANNOT GET ANY VOTE FROM THE CENTRAL
So can somebody tell me where the winning vote will come from?

Brothers and Sisters lets face the fact GEJ will win in a landslide .
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by zeeleso(f): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^*Clapping hands*. You are so learned and so insightful, no bias whatsoever to ethnicity or religion. I admire your control of the queen's language. You are also so knowledgeable(total package i tell ya), you were even able to figure out that he was in his village when people introduced corrupt systems and  he had no hand in politics or PDP then.  I wish i knew so much.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2011
If people do not know about Buhari, it is our job as enlightened and educated Nigerians to ensure that they made aware and vote for Buhari.

Lack of education is bad oh!!!

Please take the message back to your compound, you workplaces and your villages. Buhari and Bakare do not have money for billboards and tv adverts.

God bless Nigeria
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 9ijaMan: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2011
gernded:

Hello People,

I cannot understand why some people thinks that GEJ will lost an election, Now lets face the fact.
please disregard the opinion polls at the top of the forum is a hoax and misleading there are 1000 and 1 opinion polls on the net where GEJ emerges winners.

now talk of Corruption in the land how come about the corruption, which people introduce the corrupt systems and what does it take to clean it. Jonathan is still in his Otueke Village when the people who see themselves as chief makers crowned corruption in the Land.

If any person said that Buhari will win an election and GEJ will rig to win lets talk about the issue.

Buhari you are talking about can only win some votes in the North west where Islamic is other of the day which he represent.

Owo ti jona o! Meaning those who sent your likes to school merely wasted their money.

zeeleso:

^^*Clapping hands*. You are so learned and so insightful, no bias whatsoever to ethnicity or religion. I admire your control of the queen's language. You are also so knowledgeable(total package i tell ya), you were even able to figure out that he was in his village when people introduced corrupt systems and  he had no hand in politics or PDP then.  I wish i knew so much.
Your sarcasm has no parallel grin grin grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by gernded(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
MY FELLOW NIGERIAN'S BUHARE GOT NOTHING TO OFFER NIGERIA'S THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT , HE IS JOSTLING TO CHAMPION A NORTHERN CAUSE AND SUCH CANDID WILL NEVER EMERGE AS NIGERIAN PRESIDENT  YOU TAKE IT OR YOU FORGET HE IS NOT READY FOR GOVERNANCE THAT IS WHY HE HAVE BEEN IN A ROMANCE WITH IBB , I WISH TO MEET SOME OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM ONE ON ONE I WILL EDUCATE A LOT OF PEOPLE BECAUSE I NOTICED THAT SOME GUYS WHO COMMENT ON THE FORUM ARE FAR AWAY EU AND USA, WE ARE ON GRAND WE KNOW MUCH ABOUT NIGERIA POLITICS AS AT NOW.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO WIN ELECTION IN AFRICA CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER ME
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Jarus(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2011
gernded:

Hello People,

I normally select people I engage on NL, and a post like this is better ignored, but for how long will one ignore ignorance?

Closing my eyes to the obfuscating classification you put up there, I have a few questions for you:

1, Name 3 states in the North West
2, Do you read newspapers or watch news on TVs or listen to news on radio?
3, Are you on facebook?
4, Do you know the demography of voters?
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by gernded(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
Ribadu is a fine gentleman loved by Nigerians but he cannot win an election.

but in 2015 he may take another short if not 2019 i am sure he will make it one day but Buhare Sorry
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^It is clear that you never witnessed the last Buhari government and his biggest achievement was stamping out corruption.

This what Buhari offers

Buhari would give us stable electricity

Buhari would rapidly industrialise Nigeria

Buhari will make Nigeria safe and crime free and would bring in foriegn investment.

Buhari is tried and tested and proven to be non- corrupt and anti - corruption.

[flash=800,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITI0dRDjD4[/flash]
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by zeeleso(f): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2011
gernded:

Ribadu is a fine gentleman loved by Nigerians but he cannot win an election.

but in 2015 he may take another short if not 2019 i am sure he will make it one day but Buhare Sorry
Did becomrich get a new ID angry angry  shocked
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by hasyak(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2011
zeeleso:

cant imagine saying it better grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Eltonluigi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
@gen.buhari You see the US are so sick of the GOP and their policies thats why they voted Obama,i guess is time we independent voters votes for the opposition parties but my guess woudn't be buhari because he's too radical,if i'm correct he was responsible for the expulsion of some notable foreign companies and nationals from the country and ribadu got his own dark history as well.,is not about voting faces or people of certain ethnicity it is about what they represent and remember we independent voters are the majority,the partisans are just few minority trying to split us!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 9ijaMan: 5:02pm On Mar 11, 2011
Eltonluigi:

@gen.buhari You see the US are so sick of the GOP and their policies thats why they voted Obama,i guess is time we independent voters votes for the opposition parties but my guess woudn't be buhari because he's too radical,[b]if i'm correct he was responsible for the expulsion of some notable foreign companies and nationals from the country [/b]and ribadu got his own dark history as well.,is not about voting faces or people of certain ethnicity it is about what they represent and remember we independent voters are the majority,the partisans are just few minority trying to split us!
Perhaps it'll do you to remember quickly o! Making allegations without backing it up with evidences is not the way we want to go. If you truly are independent as you claim, all you need to do is to place each of the 3 candidates side by side and draw up their achievements and negatives. Then make a thorough and soul searching analysis on whom you believe has the mettle and will to move the nation forward.

By the way I should add for you that Buhari did not collect Salary when he was head of PTF. The reason he gave was that he would not want to be collecting double salary from the coffers of the government. He was already on pension and did not want to earn another salary from the same government. How many Nigerians can do that?
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2011
Have you asked why he expulsed those companies and nationals?

because they were having a field day defrauding Nigeria under the clueless Shagari regime.
Eltonluigi:

@gen.buhari You see the US are so sick of the GOP and their policies thats why they voted Obama,i guess is time we independent voters votes for the opposition parties but my guess woudn't be buhari because he's too radical,if i'm correct he was responsible for the expulsion of some notable foreign companies and nationals from the country and ribadu got his own dark history as well.,is not about voting faces or people of certain ethnicity it is about what they represent and remember we independent voters are the majority,the partisans are just few minority trying to split us!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Eltonluigi(m): 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2011
@9ijaman, if u read my older post as i stated;i'm not heading to the polls so u should there is no reason fear where my loyalty lies @Genbuhari3 that does not justify his action, that man is a complete radical and i don't Jonathan either,he spends too much of public fund on his campaign and we all ready know is a product of bad govt. so we all know is just giving lip services and the system is so corrupt for a good and credible candidate to win an election you should take the case of the Delta re-run for instance where independent voters turn out massively to vote a candidate and the election process and result where being manipulated fraudulently, WE SHOULD BOYCOTT APRIL 9 !!!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Eltonluigi(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2011
Sorry for the typo!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Eltonluigi(m): 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2011
I'm calling for a boycott!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 9ijaMan: 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^Sorry pal, you are a lone voice in your call.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Declares Thursday, Friday Sallah Holidays / 2019: There Will Be War Against The Opposition If Buhari Contests – Wike / APC Vows To Win All 36 National And State Assemblies Seats In Rivers Re-run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.