Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,476 members, 7,937,402 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Spiritual Illiteracy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Illiteracy (1239 Views)

Video:ntia Ntia Apologizes Over "Stupidity Illiteracy" Comments Against Obi Cub / Could This Be A Spiritual Attack Or A Medical Condition? / The Spiritual Implication Of The Eclipse Of America. The Great American Eclipse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual Illiteracy by Perfectbeing(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2020
People sing "it shall be permanent, it shall be permanent. What the Lord has done for me, it shall be permanent". Yet they don't believe that their salvation is permanent.
The most ridiculous part of it is that most times what they are singing about is a house, a car, a job, or a spouse.
So they believe that their car is permanent yet salvation that Jesus died for to give is temporary!
Religion breeds spiritual illiteracy!

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 6:04pm On May 15, 2020
Perfectbeing:
People sing "it shall be permanent, it shall be permanent. What the Lord has done for me, it shall be permanent". Yet they don't believe that their salvation is permanent.
The most ridiculous part of it is that most times what they are singing about is a house, a car, a job, or a spouse.
So they believe that their car is permanent yet salvation that Jesus died for to give is temporary!

"What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this:
to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world.
"
- James 1:27

You don't have an idea. You don't know what true and pure religion is, lmao. Pfft You havent a clue what religion without a fault or flaw is. Smh.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On May 15, 2020
Perfectbeing:

How many people are really saved if they don't even understand how salvation can be permanent? Singing a song written by mere mortals has no bearing on the experience of being saved.

And what the heck does "Spiritual literacy" even begin to refer to?

1 Like

Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On May 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world. "
- James 1:27

You don't have an idea. You don't know what true and pure religion is, lmao. Pfft You havent a clue what religion without a fault or flaw is. Smh.
And you think you do?
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 6:45pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
And you think you do?
How do you mean?

1/Aren't you according to the Bible, which of course, lmao, you ethusiatically and passionately believe in, expected to with consistent and conscientious regularity to show empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others, hmm?

2/ Does #1 "... consistent and conscientious regularity showing empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others" breed spiritual illiteracy!
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On May 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
How do you mean?
1/Aren't you according to the Bible, which of course, lmao, you ethusiatically and passionately believe in, expected to with consistent and conscientious regularity to show empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others, hmm?
Nope! The bible places no such requirements on my person
MuttleyLaff:

2/ Does #1 "... consistent and conscientious regularity showing empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others" breed spiritual illiteracy!
Nope!
Here is a thought for you
Did Jesus, with consistent and conscientious regularity to show empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others(that includes the pharisees)? The answer to that should clue you on whose expectations you confuse there with God's.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 9:24pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Nope! The bible places no such requirements on my person
Yup! The bible is littered with such requirements on all believers.

Kobojunkie:
Nope!
Here is a thought for you
Did Jesus, with consistent and conscientious regularity to show empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others(that includes the pharisees)?
True and pure religion is birthed out of love and compassion. This is bible fact. Love and compassion are the parents of true and pure religion

Kobojunkie:
The answer to that should clue you on whose expectations you confuse there with God's
Your response doesn't add up. You aren't clued up on it and is you're repeatingly taking out of turn
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On May 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Yup! The bible is littered with such requirements on all believers.
True and pure religion is birthed out of love and compassion. This is bible fact. Love and compassion are the parents of true and pure religion
Your response doesn't add up. You aren't clued up on it and is you're repeatingly taking out of turn
Love and compassion are the parents of true and pure religion? LOL...That is exactly what some of my friends, who all happen to be atheists, say alot ! i guess their lack of belief for or in God means nothing then. grin
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 9:39pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Love and compassion are the parents of true and pure religion? LOL...

You remind me of what some friends of mine, who happen to be atheists, say.
Is this all you have to say to each and all three points I advanced in that post, hmm? Smh.

You just increasingly letting me know that you have no idea. All you have is from the head and not the soul and/or heart, lmao

OK, let's do it this way, lmao
1/ List the the three things that are eternal, as in meaning, will exist forever, lmao?
2/ Now what is the greatest out of the three things listed in #1 above, lmao?
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On May 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Is this all you have to say to each and all three points I advanced in that post, hmm? Smh.
I am telling the truth. As soon as I read what you typed there, I recalled those were some of the exact words of some of my friends, who don't even believe there is a God.
MuttleyLaff:

OK, let's do it this way, lmao
1/ List the the three things that are eternal as in meaning will exist forever, lmao?
I don't see the point in this exercise.
MuttleyLaff:

2/ Now what is the greatest out of the three things listed in #1 above, lmao?
Oh, I see where you are trying to go with this. Well, like I said earlier, my atheists friends also claim that love is the greatest. But I fail to see the importance of that to any of the main here.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 10:09pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am telling the truth. As soon as I read what you typed there, I recalled those were some of the exact words of some of my friends, who don't even believe there is a God.
Unlike in the Old Testament, the New Testament everything you do in NT, is motivated by grace and love, lmao.

The law of gravity upon setting eyes of the law of aerodynamics, lmao fell in love. You wouldnt understand this one, lmao.

Kobojunkie:
I don't see the point in this exercise.
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Remove your blinkers you'll see, lmao.

Kobojunkie:
Oh, I see where you are trying to go with this. Well, like I said earlier, my atheists friends also claim that love is the greatest ...
The Bible teaches that love is worth more than intelligence. Your intelligent atheist friends seem to know Bible more than you do, lmao. So Kobojunkie, is love, contrary to what the bible says, not the greatest then, hmm?

Kobojunkie:
... But I fail to see the importance of that to any of the main here.
I am aware you are disinterested in the love of truth, but I am more than happy to help a sister in distress, lmao. We were talking of "love and compassion are the parents of true and pure religion" lmao.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On May 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Unlike in the Old Testament, the New Testament everything you do in NT, is motivated by grace and love, lmao.
Motivated by grace and love? What is your understanding of what grace is? Love?
Love? Love for him? My friends who are athiests love their fellow man too. I mean these are some of the best human beings I have ever met in my entire life. Even many of those who claim to be Christians do not come close, as far as loving their fellow man is concerned. Should I conclude that my friends who happen to be athiests are NT believers as well?
MuttleyLaff:

The law of gravity upon setting eyes of the law of aerodynamics, lmao fell in love. You wouldnt understand this one, lmao.
Are you high?
MuttleyLaff:

Remove your blinkers you'll see, lmao.
I don't have blinkers.
MuttleyLaff:

The Bible teaches that love is worth more than intelligence. Your intelligent atheist friends seem to know Bible more than you do, lmao. So Kobojunkie, is love, contrary to what the bible says, not the greatest then, hmm?
I never said anything about my atheist friends' intelligence. I said they spoke a lot too about how much better the world would be if people believed in love and compassion.
MuttleyLaff:

I am aware you are disinterested in the love of truth, but I am more than happy to help a sister in distress, lmao. We were talking of "love and compassion are the parents of true and pure religion" lmao.
A sister? in distress? If you have nothing else to say it is ok to stop at this point.
I am not talking of love and compassion. You have avoided responding to the original question I asked up to this moment. Running around on this is not getting us anywhere fast. I would rather go back to discussing the main topic than engaging in this journey to nowhere.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 11:17pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Motivated by grace and love?
So you have no idea that the reason for doing something like "consistent and conscientious regularity of showing empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others" is because of grace and love, erhn, lmao?

Kobojunkie:
What is your understanding of what grace is?
One word. Effortlessly, lmao

Kobojunkie:
Love?
Yup! Love, lmao

Kobojunkie:
Love? Love for him?
Not for Him alone and/or only, lmao, but obeying the royal law too actually on top, lmao

Kobojunkie:
My friends who are athiests love their fellow man too.
Where you say, your friends who are athiests, love their fellow man too, I doubt we are talking of agape love there, lmao.

Kobojunkie:
I mean these are some of the best human beings I have ever met in my entire life.
The best human beings bar believers are like menstrual rags before Him. All of their "righteous acts" are considered to be filthy rags before God, lmao

Kobojunkie:
Even many of those who claim to be Christians do not come close, as far as loving their fellow man is concerned.
Tell me something I dont already know. Tell me something new

Kobojunkie:
Should I conclude that my friends who happen to be athiests are NT believers as well?
I never introduced atheists into the discourse, you did, lmao.

Kobojunkie:
Are you high?
Focus on the ball. Kick the ball about, not my foot. Leave my foot alone. Except you want to know my dealer or have some of what I am high on, please dont ask me such nosey parker question again. OK?

Kobojunkie:
I don't have blinkers.
It is glaring that you do have blinkers on

Kobojunkie:
I never said anything about my atheist friends' intelligence.
I am aware you didnt, and if you're going to be honest and sincere, you'll admit that, even I didn't either, say anything about your atheist friends' intelligence. All I said about intelligence was that the Bible teaches that love is worth more than intelligence. I didnt make that up, it is bible, you can take the comment to the bank.

Kobojunkie:
I said they spoke a lot too about how much better the world would be if people believed in love and compassion.

Kobojunkie:
A sister?
I thought you were a sister in another life. Replace that with mister or X

Kobojunkie:
in distress? If you have nothing else to say it is ok to stop at this point.
I have quite a lot to say actually, the ball however is in your court, lmao

Kobojunkie:
I am not talking of love and compassion.
Unfortunately, they both make the world go round. They both make the world a better place to live it. I actually rather, you verb love and compassion than talk, lmao

Kobojunkie:
You have avoided responding to the original question I asked up to this moment. Running around on this is not getting us anywhere fast.
What was your question. I never deliberately shy from, dodge, ignore or duck questions. I must have missed it. The worst is I'll say, I dont know or I dont want to dignify an answer, so please re-fire the question. Whats the question of the day? Oya hit me, lmao

Kobojunkie:
I would rather go back to discussing the main topic than engaging in this journey to nowhere.
The the main topic is joined at the hip with love and compassion. Love and compassion, are the parents of pure and true religion, that is without fault. It doesnt get any simpler than that, lmao.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On May 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

So you have no idea that the reason for doing something like "consistent and conscientious regularity of showing empathy in words, thoughts, deeds and/or actions to others" is because of grace and love, erhn, lmao?
One word. Effortlessly, lmao
Yup! Love, lmaoNot for Him alone and/or only, lmao, but obeying the royal law too actually on top, lmao
Sigh! I am motivated by my trust in Him.
As for Understanding of Grace? Mine is that "Grace" is the sum total of the resources(time, opportunities, moments, people etc.) that he has made available to aid in guiding me back to him and through to the completion of His plan and will for my Life.
MuttleyLaff:

Where you say, your friends who are athiests, love their fellow man too, I doubt we are talking of agape love there, lmao.
All of their "righteous acts" are considered to be filthy rags before God, lmao
I am glad you brought this up yourself. And according to the Bible, it is not just "their" righteousness, but all of our righteousness that is filthy rags before God; your idea of love and compassion included. So you understand now why I don't want to hear of your love and compassion here.
MuttleyLaff:

What was your question. I never deliberately shy from, dodge, ignore or duck questions. I must have missed it. The worst is I'll say, I dont know or I dont want to dignify an answer, so please re-fire the question. Whats the question of the day? Oya hit me, lmao

The the main topic is joined at the hip with love and compassion. Love and compassion, are the parents of pure and true religion, that is without fault. It doesnt get as simpler as that
"Spiritual Illiteracy" has nothing to do with your take on love and compassion.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 12:16am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I said they spoke a lot too about how much better the world would be if people believed in love and compassion.
and in reponse to that remark, my comment was, it is intelligent of your atheist friends, to know this about love and compassion and that they seem to know the Bible more than you do, since you dont seem to realise the truth about love and compassion nor their relationship with pure and true religion that has no, ills or warts

Kobojunkie:
Sigh! I am motivated by my trust in Him.
Sigh. smh, three things you need to be motivated by in Him. They are hope, faith (i.e. trust, lmao) and love. Love's twin is compassion

Kobojunkie:
As for Understanding of Grace? Mine is that "Grace" is the sum total of the resources (time, opportunities, moments, people etc.) that he has made available to aid in guiding me back to him and through to the completion of His plan and will for my Life.
Another of one of your head knowledge thing, lmao, hmm? You can do better than what to you grace is, lmao.

Listen saint, grace, is unmerited favour, lmao. Let me ask you Kobojunkie, what did the birds do that they are able to gracefully fly in the air. What did fishes do that earned them the ability to swim beautifully in the seas, oceans or river, hmm?

You just have to eat the humble pie and admit that you have a narrow idea of what grace is

Kobojunkie:
I am glad you brought this up yourself. And according to the Bible, it is not just "their" righteousness, but all of our righteousness that is filthy rags before God; your idea of love and compassion included. So you understand now why I don't want to hear of your love and compassion here.
It is only the Anti Christ who would want to hear about love and compassion. It is only one of many antichrists out there, who cant stand the mention of love and compassion.

Kobojunkie:
"Spiritual Illiteracy" has nothing to do with your take on love and compassion.
It is "spiritual Illiteracy" that makes someone like you Kobojunkie knock love and compassion. It is out of love and compassion, that God came to earth. It is out love and compassion that Jesus got moved to perform a good number of His miracles such healing the sick, feeding the hungry, raising the dead etcetera. We serve a Compassionate God, who is Love.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On May 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
and in reponse to that remark, my comment was, it is intelligent of your atheist friends, to know this about love and compassion and that they seem to know the Bible more than you do, since you dont seem to realise the truth about love and compassion nor their relationship with pure and true religion that has no, ills or warts
Sigh. smh, three things you need to be motivated by in Him. They are hope, faith (i.e. trust, lmao) and love. Love's twin is compassion .
I am motivated by a need to trust Him. If you don't like that, I don't know what to tell you.
MuttleyLaff:

Another of one of your head knowledge thing, lmao, hmm? You can do better than what to you grace is, lmao.
Listen saint, grace, is unmerited favour, lmao. Let me ask you Kobojunkie, what did the birds do that they are able to gracefully fly in the air. What did fishes do that earned them the ability to swim beautifully in the seas, oceans or river, hmm?
You just have to eat the humble pie and admit that you have a narrow idea of what grace is
I am sorry but I don't subscribe to your idea of grace. Like I said, grace is the sum total of the resources He has made available for me(from even before my conception) to aid me in finding my path back to him and accomplishing his plan in my life.
If you don't like it, I cannot help you. I won't eat pie to please you either.
MuttleyLaff:

It is only the Anti Christ who would want to hear about love and compassion. It is only one of many antichrists out there, who cant stand the mention of love and compassion.
Really? Well, my friends talk alot about love and compassion but they will also tell you they are as AntiChrist as can be.
MuttleyLaff:

It is "spiritual Illiteracy" that makes someone like you Kobojunkie knock love and compassion. It is out of love and compassion, that God came to earth. It is out love and compassion that Jesus got moved to perform a good number of His miracles such healing the sick, feeding the hungry, raising the dead etcetera. We serve a Compassionate God, who is Love.
Spiritual illiteracy does that? I beg to differ!
Did Jesus tell you that he was moved by love and Compassion? Or are you just making that one up all on your own?
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 1:11am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am motivated by a need to trust Him. If you don't like that, I don't know what to tell you.
Listen my friend, it has nothing to do with me. It has nothing to do with what I like or dont like, lmao. OK?

You say "I am motivated by a need to trust Him" however trust is faith. Everything will pass away, but its only faith (i.e. trust) hope and love, that will remain. The Bible saying, that the greatest of them three is love, speaks volume.

Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but I don't subscribe to your idea of grace. Like I said, grace is the sum total of the resources He has made available for me(from even before my conception) to aid me in finding my path back to him and accomplishing his plan in my life.
If you don't like it, I cannot help you. I won't eat pie to please you either.
His plan in your life is to save you from destruction. Your salvation is by grace through faith (i.e. trust). That grace, you didnt work for it. That grace you have isnt earned from anything you have done. You're not enjoying grace because of something you've deservedly done. You have grace out of the love of God, who says He will be compassionate to who He wants to be compassionate to, meaning He will have compassion on whom He will have compassion on.

Kobojunkie:
Really? Well, my friends talk a lot about love and compassion but they will also tell you they are as AntiChrist as can be.
I am sure your friends do talk a lot about love and compassion and that they tell you they are as AntiChrist as can be, but for all I care, they could be talking of fake love, philia, storge, pragma, eros, tough love, philautia and ludus type of love but not agape love.

Kobojunkie:
Spiritual illiteracy does that?
Yup! It does

Kobojunkie:
I beg to differ!
Not my circus, not my monkeys. To each his own monkeys

Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus tell you that he was moved by love and Compassion?
[img]https://s5/images/giphyee8abb06cde6667d.gif[/img]
Cover your face in shame for asking me this

Kobojunkie:
Or are you just making that one up all on your own?
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
"The End" ni opin cinema
"The End" means movie don pafuka
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 1:38am On May 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Listen my friend, it has nothing to do with me. It has nothing to do with what I like or dont like, lmao. OK?
You say "I am motivated by a need to trust Him" however trust is faith. Everything will pass away, but its only faith (i.e. trust) hope and love, that will remain. The Bible saying, that the greatest of them three is love, speaks volume.
Trust is NOT Faith. Faith the way I have come to know it, is a collection(a bucket of sorts) of all our work(s), each work item comprise of out trust/our trust and obedience.What motivates me is my trust. How much faith I have, I am yet to know since I have no way of checking to see how much work items I have accrued in the time I have been serving Him, but my hope is that since Christ lives on the inside of me, then Christ's Faith will suffice.
MuttleyLaff:

His plan in your life is to save you from destruction. Your salvation is by grace through faith (i.e. trust). That grace, you didnt work for it. That grace you have isnt earned from anything you have done. You're not enjoying grace because of something you've deservedly done. You have grace out of the love of God, who says He will be compassionate to who He wants to be compassionate to, meaning He will have compassion on whom He will have compassion on.
Like I said, if you have a problem with my knowledge of grace, I can't help you there.
MuttleyLaff:

I am sure your friends do talk a lot about love and compassion and that they tell you they are as AntiChrist as can be, but for all I care, they could be talking of fake love, philia, storge, pragma, eros, tough love, philautia and ludus type of love but not agape love.
Yup! It does
Not my circus, not my monkeys. To each his own monkeys
They don't just talk about it. They are some of the most selfless people I have ever met in all of my journey on this planet and they do not believe in God. So, your talks of love and compassion mean zilch to me. And like we are told, it is Filthy rags at the end of the day!
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 2:55am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Trust is NOT Faith. Faith the way I have come to know it, is a collection(a bucket of sorts) of all our work(s), each work item comprise of out trust/our trust and obedience. What motivates me is my trust. How much faith I have, I am yet to know since I have no way of checking to see how much work items I have accrued in the time I have been serving Him, but my hope is that since Christ lives on the inside of me, then Christ's Faith will suffice.
Faith and trust are about believe. They both are about believing, as in meaning, believing in something or believing in someone. The Bible says, faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (i.e Romans 10:17) Peter was able to walk on water because he had faith from hearing the command of Jesus telling him to come. Its was his conscious trust of Jesus and the unconscious faith from Jesus merged in Peter that made him come out of the boat to step and start walking on water. No pain, no gain. Faith is exercised and that is how faith grows and/or increases.

Kobojunkie:
Like I said, if you have a problem with my knowledge of grace, I can't help you there.
As I've said, whats my own. We all have different capacities and levels of grace

Kobojunkie:
They don't just talk about it. They are some of the most selfless people I have ever met in all of my journey on this planet and they do not believe in God.
So, what you want me to do? Go fry beans, hmm? They dont believe in God, because that the beauty of free will, lmao

Kobojunkie:
So, your talks of love and compassion mean zilch to me. And like we are told, it is Filthy rags at the end of the day!
Whether talks of love and compassion mean zilch to you or not, is no skin off my nose. All I know for certain, is that love and compassion makes the world go round and makes it a better place to live
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 3:19am On May 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Faith and trust are about believe. They both are about believing, as in meaning, believing in something or believing in someone.
Faith is about belief because as I already explained, Faith is a collection of work items which in turn is comprised of our trust or a combination of trust and obedience.
MuttleyLaff:

The Bible says, faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (i.e Romans 10:17)
What the Bible does not say however is that Faith ONLY comes by hearing of the word of God.
MuttleyLaff:

Peter was able to walk on water because he had faith from hearing the command of Jesus telling him to come. Its was his conscious trust of Jesus and the unconscious faith from Jesus merged in Peter that made him come out of the boat to step and start walking on water. No pain, no gain. Faith is exercised and that is how faith grows and/or increases.
If I am to take any of what you have posted above seriously, then why did Jesus scold peter for doubting when peter started to sink?
Obviously, Jesus knew how much faith Peter had prior to his stepping in the water at Jesus' command. Jesus did not scold peter for not exercising faith he had prior to the trip or request to join him in the water? Following your understanding of faith, why did Jesus scold Peter at all?
MuttleyLaff:

As I've said, whats my own. We all have different capacities and levels of grace
There is no such thing as different capacities and levels of grace.
MuttleyLaff:

So, what you want me to do? Go fry beans, hmm? They dont believe in God, because that the beauty of free will, lmao
Whether talks of love and compassion mean zilch to you or not, is no skin off my nose. All I know for certain, is that love and compassion makes the world go round and makes it a better place to live
Like I said, you are in the same boat my friends are in there... all filthy rags... nothing but filthy rags.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 8:18am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Faith is about belief because as I already explained, Faith is a collection of work items which in turn is comprised of our trust or a combination of trust and obedience.
Do you want to deny that trust too, is not about belief and/or believing in something or someone, hmm?

Kobojunkie:
What the Bible does not say however is that Faith ONLY comes by hearing of the word of God
1/ Where did you read here or see anyone say that Faith ONLY comes by hearing of the word of God, if not just only you who have, hmm?
2/ Does the Bible make mention or not of no faith, lack of faith, little faith and such big faith?

Kobojunkie:
If I am to take any of what you have posted above seriously ...
Dont take anything of what I say seriously or on face value because I rather you do a serious Berean enough to take what the Bible says seriously.

Kobojunkie:
... then why did Jesus scold peter for doubting when peter started to sink?
Obviously, Jesus knew how much faith Peter had prior to his stepping in the water at Jesus' command. Jesus did not scold peter for not exercising faith he had prior to the trip or request to join him in the water? Following your understanding of faith, why did Jesus scold Peter at all?
You ask this Bible 101 elementary "... why did Jesus scold Peter at all ..." question because you dont know and you rely only on your head knowledge.

Peter upon stepping on the water and walking a few feet, shifted his gaze off Jesus, to have a look at the towering wave. It was a wrong thing to do, because the sight of the wave and its ferocity overwhelmed him, so no surprises, that he lost his faith, his trust in Jesus frittered away and the solid platform of the word he was standing on, that was making him defy the law of gravity, gave in. Of course, he was just about getting to be sinking and definitely drown, when our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, Yahushua Ha Mashsiach, aka Jesus Christ, immediately reached out His Hand to catch hold of Peter. Yahushua Ha Mashsiach, aka Jesus Christ, then afterwards, said to Peter "You of little faith, you have so little faith. Why did you doubt?" (i.e. Matthew 14:31, then go compare with Matthew 8:26 and Mark 4:40)

When you doubt something or someone. It means, you dont trust the thing or person, you havent faith in the thing or the person. It means, you've lost faith in that thing or in that person, lmao

Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as different capacities and levels of grace.
"To one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one, each man according to his power, and he immediately went abroad."
- Matthew 25:15

You sure do take a great deal of pride and delight in publicly displaying your crass ignorance sha, I'll easily and freely give you that.

Listen saint, go brush off your truth plaque with Matthew 25:14:30 or Luke 19:12-28 truthpaste. Make sure you dont lose sight of Matthew 25:15, lmao though.

Knowing you for who you are, I wont be surprised to see you, return back here, wanting to insist that power isn't capacity and vice versa. Smh, vigorously sef.

Even baby believers, know that though, we all have equal access to the Holy Spirit, we receive it, in proportionate to our individual capacities, powers, abilities, capabilities etcetera, lmao

Kobojunkie:
Like I said, you are in the same boat my friends are in there... all filthy rags... nothing but filthy rags.
"I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding or a bride with her jewels."
- Isaiah 61:10

I dont boast in my works, that is a complete no-no for me. I thank God that you dont define where I am. You dont define to me who I am. You dont define for me what sort of clothes I have on. Praise YAH. Alleluia.

I thank Abba God for the righteousness of God in Christ, that I have and the comforting words of Isaiah 61:10 seen shown above. The devil is a liar.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 8:34am On May 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Do you want to deny that trust too, is not about belief and/or believing in something or someone, hmm?
Trust and belief are similar words. But Faith is about your belief(trust) as I already explained.

You ask this Bible 101 elementary "... why did Jesus scold Peter at all ..." question because you dont know
MuttleyLaff:

Peter upon stepping on the water and walking a few feet, shifted his gaze on Jesus to have a look at the towering wave. It was a wrong thing to do, because the sight of the wave and its ferocity overwhelmed him, so no surprises, that he lost his faith, his trust in Jesus frittered away and the solid platform of the word he was standing on, that was making him defy the law of gravity, gave in. Of course, he was just about getting to be sinking and definitely drown, when our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, Yahushua Ha Mashsiach, aka Jesus Christ, immediately reached out His Hand to catch hold of Peter. Yahushua Ha Mashsiach, aka Jesus Christ, then afterwards, said to Peter "You of little faith, you have so little faith. Why did you doubt?" (i.e. Matthew 14:31, then go compare with Matthew 8:26 and Mark 4:40)
When you doubt something or someone. It means, you dont trust the thing or person, you havent faith in the thing or the person. It means, you've lost faith in that thing or in that person, lmao
You did not answer the questions posed...
MuttleyLaff:

"To one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one, each man according to his power, and he immediately went abroad."
- Matthew 25:15
You sure do take a great deal of pride and delight in publicly displaying your crass ignorance sha, I'll easily and freely give you that. Listen saint, go brush off your truth plaque with Matthew 25:14:30 or Luke 19:12-28 truthpaste. Make sure you dont lose sight of Matthew 25:15, lmao though. Knowing you for who you are, I wont be surprised seeing you return back here, wanting to insist that power is not capacity and vice versa, lmao. Vigorously smh. Even baby believers, know that though, we all have equal access to the Holy Spirit, we receive it, in proportionate to our individual capacities, powers, abilities, capabilities etcetera, lmao
I am sorry but it is not my belief at all that the "parable of the 10 talents" has anything to do with grace as you suggest it does. I don't believe you have it right considering Jesus never suggested his grace which comes to all men comes in differing portions to each.
MuttleyLaff:

"I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding or a bride with her jewels."
[color=#990000]- Isaiah 61:10

I dont boast in my works, that is a complete no-no for me. I thank God that you dont define where I am. You dont define to me who I am. You dont define for me what sort of clothes I have on. Praise YAH. Alleluia. I thank Abba God for the righteousness of God in Christ that I have and the comforting words of Isaiah 61:10 seen shown above. The devil is a liar.
I thought you would have figured it out by now. Oh well, YOUR/OUR/THEIR righteousness is nothing but filthy rags; the only righteousness that will do is HIS and HIS alone.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 9:21am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Trust and belief are similar words. But Faith is about your belief(trust) as I already explained.
The only thing you've so far explained is that you are way out there on your ego trip. You better turn back, while you are able to find your way back on safe grounds, lmao

Kobojunkie:
You did not answer the questions posed...
If you think I didnt answer the questions, then you must have read my answers with your blinkers on. Go do a refresher on the narrative using Matthew 14:22-32, lmao.

Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but it is not my belief at all that the "parable of the 10 talents" has anything to do with grace as you suggest it does. I don't believe you have it right considering Jesus never suggested his grace which comes to all men comes in differing portions to each.
"But grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Our Savior, Yeshua The Messiah,
and of God The Father, to whom the glory is now and always, even to the days of eternity. Amen.
"
- 2 Peter 3:18

You must have your own special and personalised bible that has "parable of the 10 talents" in it, as the theme of that narrative . Wehdone sir, lmao.

Fyi, it was the man given 5 talents who increased it to 10 talents. Each person given talents doubled them. The one given 2 increased it to 4 talents, the one given 5, increased it 10 talents, but the one given 1 talents, as opposed to multiplying it to get 2 talents, instead opted not to double up the talent but rather choose to bury it.

We all have differing level of grace. I cant fly in the air like a bird gracefully, beautifully and effortlessly does, so I need to jump on an airplane, in order to experience that gift. Your belief dont matter to me, what you believe dont count. It is what the word says thats gold.

Go argue with 2 Peter 3:18a above, lmao, but just know that, we grow in grace, not untoward so to be sinning more. God forbid that, but that we however become strong in grace, untowards getting to higher heights for the glory of God. Alleluia. Amen.

Kobojunkie:
I thought you would have figured it out by now. Oh well, YOUR/OUR/THEIR righteousness is nothing but filthy rags; the only righteousness that will do is HIS and HIS alone.
You are as blind as a bat and as deaf as a doorstop
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On May 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The only thing you've so far explained is that you are way out there on your ego trip. You better turn back, while you are able to find your way back on safe grounds, lmao
I don't have an ego anymore... I had to die to my ego(self) in order that I may become a follower of Christ. Sorry to disappoint you.
MuttleyLaff:

If you think I didnt answer the questions, then you must have read my answers with your blinkers on. Go do a refresher on the narrative using Matthew 14:22-32, lmao.
I didn't ask you to summarize what was written there. Based on your claims about Faith, I asked you why then did Jesus scold Peter.
MuttleyLaff:

"But grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Our Savior, Yeshua The Messiah,
and of God The Father, to whom the glory is now and always, even to the days of eternity. Amen.
"
- 2 Peter 3:18

You must have your own special and personalised bible that has "parable of the 10 talents" in it, as the theme of that narrative . Wehdone sir, lmao.

Fyi, it was the man given 5 talents who increased it to 10 talents. Each person given talents doubled them. The one given 2 increased it to 4 talents, the one given 5, increased it 10 talents, but the one given 1 talents, as opposed to multiplying it to get 2 talents, instead opted not to double up the talent but rather choose to bury it.

We all have differing level of grace. I cant fly in the air like a bird gracefully, beautifully and effortlessly does, so I need to jump on an airplane, in order to experience that gift. Your belief dont matter to me, what you believe dont count. It is what the word says thats gold.

Go argue with 2 Peter 3:18a above, lmao, but just know that, we grow in grace, not untoward so to be sinning more. God forbid that, but that we however become strong in grace, untowards getting to higher heights for the glory of God. Alleluia. Amen.
First, the Parable of the 10 talents have nothing to do with Grace. Second, we both define grace differently. I don't see what a bird flying 'gracefully' has to do with what I posted many comments ago about 'grace'.

Humans grow... but there are really no levels of growth, is there? Such ideas are made meaningless since each person growth exists, and is overall measured independently of the next. So, i would not attribute such things as levels or grades e.t.c to growth. And certainly not to grace.
MuttleyLaff:

You are as blind as a bat and as deaf as a doorstop
If you want to believe so, who am I to deny you that idea?

1 Like

Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 3:30pm On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I don't have an ego anymore... I had to die to my ego(self) in order that I may become a follower of Christ. Sorry to disappoint you.
You have a stubborn ego then that doesn't want to die easily. You know about cats having 9 lives huh? Makes me wonder how many lives left your ego has, lmao. Its still crouching on your back there

Kobojunkie:
I didn't ask you to summarize what was written there. Based on your claims about Faith, I asked you why then did Jesus scold Peter.
Every time the disciples spent with Yahushua aka Jesus is a school time. Peter was the only one actually scolded, the rest too were if you read on or read the other synoptic gospels, lmao.

Jesus scolded him because he lost the little faith he had and to make matters worse even didn't trust Yahusha aka Jesus. Are you happy now with that answer, hmm?

Kobojunkie:
First, the Parable of the 10 talents have nothing to do with Grace.
First, quit saying, "The Parable of the 10 talents" because there is no such thing, the total amount of talents the narrative started with were 8 talents, as in meaning, 5 talents, 2 talents and 1 talent given out.

Kobojunkie:
Second, we both define grace differently. I don't see what a bird flying 'gracefully' has to do with what I posted many comments ago about 'grace'.
Grace biblically speaking is, unmerited, unearned and/or undeserved favour. Have you got a problem with that meaning, hmm?

Kobojunkie:
Humans grow... but there are really no levels of growth, is there? Such ideas are made meaningless since each person growth exists, and is overall measured independently of the next. So, i would not attribute such things as levels or grades e.t.c to growth. And certainly not to grace.
Are you trying to imply we don't grow in grace? Or we don't enjoy and benefit from increasing grace ni?

Kobojunkie:
If you want to believe so, who am I to deny you that idea?
I say things as they pan out. I am sure, I am not the first and won't be the last say them two observations facts to you.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On May 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You have stubborn ego then that doesn't want to die easily. You know about cats having 9 lives huh? Makes me wonder how many lives left your ego has, lmao. Its still crouching on your back there
undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
MuttleyLaff:

Every time the disciples spent with Yahushua aka Jesus is a school time. Peter was the only one actually scolded, the rest too were if you read on or read the other synoptic gospels, lmao.
Jesus scolded him because he lost the little faith he had and to make matters worse even didn't trust Yahusha aka Jesus. Are you happy now with that answer, hmm?
The synoptic gospels have nothing to do with this. This is a simple question. If you have no answers, just say so. undecided
MuttleyLaff:

First, quit saying, "The Parable of the 10 talents" because there is no such thing, the total amount of talents the narrative started with were 8 talents, as in meaning, 5 talents, 2 talents and 1 talent given out.
It is the parable of the 10 talents to me.undecidedundecided
MuttleyLaff:

Grace biblically speaking is, unmerited, unearned and/or underserved favour. Have you got a problem with that meaning, hmm?
Are you trying to imply we don't grow in grace? Or we don't enjoy and benefit from increasing grace ni?
I say things as they pan out. I am sure, I am not the first and won't be the last say them two observations facts to you.
First you define grace as you choose there. When you consider my definition as I believe it, you should understand why such concepts as "levels of grace" become meaningless.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by MuttleyLaff: 4:12pm On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Ndo. Peele.

Kobojunkie:
The synoptic gospels have nothing to do with this. This is a simple question. If you have no answers, just say so. undecided
If you don't like neither of the, up to three different answers I've advanced, then please just say here what is the answer you were expecting.

Kobojunkie:
It is the parable of the 10 talents to me.undecidedundecided
I know, it has to be your way or the highway.

Kobojunkie:
First you define grace as you choose there. When you consider my definition as I believe it, you should understand why such concepts as "levels of grace" become meaningless.
I know and it's OK that you believe just the way you believe it, like with, it's the "Parable of the 10 talents"
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Perfectbeing(m): 8:06am On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

How many people are really saved if they don't even understand how salvation can be permanent? Singing a song written by mere mortals has no bearing on the experience of being saved.

And what the heck does "Spiritual literacy" even begin to refer to?
Try giving it a meaning according to the context
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 8:26am On May 20, 2020
Perfectbeing:

Try giving it a meaning according to the context
Obviously those who do not have the Spirit of God(the seal of the second covenant) living on the inside of them cannot know about the Spirit except that which they read of Him. Not understanding or fully grasping the permanance of one's salvation is probably because the human mind struggles to understand such a truth---doubt.
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Perfectbeing(m): 9:02am On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Obviously those who do not have the Spirit of God(the seal of the second covenant) living on the inside of them cannot know about the Spirit except that which they read of Him. Not understanding or fully grasping the permanance of one's salvation is probably because the human mind struggles to understand such a truth---doubt.
It's pity that some christians belive the Holy spirit is in Goya oil, mantle, holy water etc but not inside them..
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On May 20, 2020
Perfectbeing:

It's pity that some christians belive the Holy spirit is in[b] Goya oil[/b], mantle, holy water etc but not inside them..
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Spiritual Illiteracy by Perfectbeing(m): 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
If good works was the was a way to salvation then there wasn't any need for the coming of Christ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fr. Mbaka Is Busy Watching Bbnaija When Nigerians Are Crying Under His Buhari / Yes, No One Should Condemn A Homosexual — Nigerian Catholic Priest Advises / Would Eternal Life Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.