Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,218 members, 7,919,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:40 PM

I Want To Learn Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming (833 Views)

Learn Programming, Graphics & Animation Free!!: Nairaland Group Project / I Want To Learn Programming In 2018 / I Want To Learn Programming, Where Do I Start From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Programming by olamidedivotee: 8:11pm On May 15, 2020
Please I want to learn
Python
Php
Laravel
Angular js
Javascript
C
C++
C#
HTML
CSS
.NET
and so on.
If there is a school for it with certificate please drop it here.
I'm very serious about it.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming by KristaPretty(f): 8:13pm On May 15, 2020
You cannot learn it all in 8months, I hope you are aware??
There are computer schools near you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming by olamidedivotee: 8:37pm On May 15, 2020
KristaPretty:
You cannot learn it all in 8months, I hope you are aware??
There are computer schools near you
OK, thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2020
It will take you like 5 years to learn all those technologies and languages you listed. And don't bother with a computer school in Nigeria they are totally utterly useless.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming by Francomekus(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2020
olamidedivotee:
Please I want to learn
Python
Php
Laravel
Angular js
Javascript
C
C++
C#
HTML
CSS
.NET
and so on.
Programming is not the THING. It is just a tool that gets you the THING. What i mean is that knowing a programming language is not the main thing, it is what you can do with the language. So just pick one language and know it to the core. A pro in lets say PYTHON is 100% better than an amateur with (java,javascript,C++,C#,GO,Php,C, Python) , because he cant even implement something serious with those languages.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming by olamidedivotee: 2:44pm On May 16, 2020
Francomekus:

Programming is not the THING. It is just a tool that gets you the THING. What i mean is that knowing a programming language is not the main thing, it is what you can do with the language. So just pick one language and know it to the core. A pro in lets say PYTHON is 100% better than an armature with (java,javascript,C++,C#,GO,Php,C, Python) , because he cant even implement something serious with those languages.
Thanks for the advice
Please can you teach me python
Re: I Want To Learn Programming by Francomekus(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2020
olamidedivotee:

Thanks for the advice
Please can you teach me python
This is the 21st century you don't really need any body to teach you programming. All you need is dedication and perseverance, at a point you might want to give up or even give up, don't worry when that time comes take a break even up to a month or two. But when you come back you will be better. Don't try to know everything at once becos even with 10 years experience you will still be learning. Always remember SLOW and STEADY. Once you persevere past a point everything will start become easy and you will understand better.
Go to youtube, search and download Python for begginers by mosh hamedani, it is a 6hrs video. Don't rush it, it is a 6hrs video, but it can take you one month to finish and understand it. After you are done with the video download this book : Problem Solving with Algorithms and Data Structures by Brad Miller, David Ranum, make sure you read it up to atleast chapter 3(basic data structures) .Do not download too many videos and books on python or else you will be overwhelmed.In python you can choose between two major fields which are web development or Machine learning. I will advice you(it all depends on you) go with web development first, it will make you appreciate and develop something with what you have learnt so far fast, Machine Learning(Mathematics and Statistics) is a broad field it involves so much technicality, you will know when you are matured enough to delve in there. For web development learn some basic HTML5 and CSS 3 download Django for beginners by William S. Vincent. If you persevere to reach this point WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF PROGRAMMING. You will always know where to go from this point.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming by olamidedivotee: 7:26pm On May 16, 2020
Francomekus:

This is the 21st century you don't really need any body to teach you programming. All you need is dedication and perseverance, at a point you might want to give up or even give up, don't worry when that time comes take a break even up to a month or two. But when you come back you will be better. Don't try to know everything at once becos even with 10 years experience you will still be learning. Always remember SLOW and STEADY. Once you persevere past a point everything will start become easy and you will understand better.
Go to youtube, search and download Python for begginers by mosh hamedani, it is a 6hrs video. Don't rush it, it is a 6hrs video, but it can take you one month to finish and understand it. After you are done with the video download this book : Problem Solving with Algorithms and Data Structures by Brad Miller, David Ranum, make sure you read it up to atleast chapter 3(basic data structures) .Do not download too many videos and books on python or else you will be overwhelmed.In python you can choose between two major fields which are web development or Machine learning. I will advice you(it all depends on you) go with web development first, it will make you appreciate and develop something with what you have learnt so far fast, Machine Learning(Mathematics and Statistics) is a broad field it involves so much technicality, you will know when you are matured enough to delve in there. For web development learn some basic HTML5 and CSS 3 download Django for beginners by William S. Vincent. If you persevere to reach this point WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF PROGRAMMING. You will always know where to go from this point.
Thank you very much sir
I will heed to your advice
Re: I Want To Learn Programming by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 16, 2020
if you are a computer science student learn C and C++ then go for C#. These three languages can get anything done and don't buy that bullshit about all languages are the same that is a big lie. For the sake of web applications, computer applications, game development, etc learn those three (add Java if you want) but please learn about data structures oh and algorithms too don't rush into applications or the sort you'll regret it dearly. I learned that the hard way while using unity.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:58am On May 17, 2020
Ausrichie:
if you are a computer science student learn C and C++ then go for C#. These three languages can get anything done and don't buy that bullshit about all languages are the same that is a big lie. For the sake of web applications, computer applications, game development, etc learn those three (add Java if you want) but please learn about data structures oh and algorithms too don't rush into applications or the sort you'll regret it dearly. I learned that the hard way while using unity.
I am curious which web application can C be used to make?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming by Francomekus(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2020
Ausrichie:
C and C++ apart from game development, embedded system or core enterprise softwares, i don't see the need for does languages except for learning sake. Before you start making money off those languages, no be today oh, there are fewer jobs looking for C and C++. A beginner should start with python, java,C#,javascipt and you will be sure of making money after one year. And you can pick up C or C++ and learn it with ease then. Learn a lanuage only when you KNOW it is necessary to achieve what you want and not becos you THINK it is better.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 17, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I am curious which web application can C be used to make?
I said C# for web apps besides the servers you use na C them use write am. The ultimate problem with C++ and C are their security issues. Buffer Overflows are still an issue till now.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 17, 2020
Francomekus:

C and C++ apart from game development, embedded system or core enterprise softwares, i don't see the need for does languages except for learning sake. Before you start making money off those languages, no be today oh, there are fewer jobs looking for C and C++. A beginner should start with python, java,C#,javascipt and you will be sure of making money after one year. And you can pick up C or C++ and learn it with ease then. Learn a lanuage only when you KNOW it is necessary to achieve what you want and not becos you THINK it is better.
Learning sake kwa. Ha there are too many people in the programming industry who are using those menial languages. C and C++ are the languages used to make many things, VMs, Hardware drivers, games, Operating Systems, servers, OS for Embedded systems, fast Applications, etc I can't list them all some languages are better than others. Object Oriented languages are not beginner friendly understand Procedural programming first before jumping into OOP, whatever You as the OP wants to do is your business.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming by AkinseteK(m): 8:03am On May 18, 2020
olamidedivotee:
Please I want to learn
Python
Php
Laravel
Angular js
Javascript
C
C++
C#
HTML
CSS
.NET
and so on.

you can contact us for some of those courses. you can also visit this link for more details

https://www.mayorkay.com/training/

(1) (Reply)

What Skill Can I Learn Online With A Budget Of 70k? / I Need A Wordpress Designer / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.