Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,930 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Polygamy: The Debate? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polygamy: The Debate? (4796 Views)

Why Is Buhari Absent From The Debate? / VIDEO Of The Debate Between APC & PDP Youths On Channels / Apc Killed The Debate On Channels T.v Ur Views Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Jan 17, 2011
In Christianity

Almost all the great men had more than one wife.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc.

Monogamy is a recent phenomenon in the world,
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 17, 2011
rollllllllllzzzzzz eyez!!
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by fstranger1: 6:59am On Jan 17, 2011
^^^

Do you know where I can get 'eni ri nknan he' by Obey?

Thanks!
dayokanu:

In Christianity

Almost all the great men had more than one wife.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc.

Monogamy is a recent phenomenon in the world,
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by ekubear1: 7:00am On Jan 17, 2011
isale_gan2:

Hahahahahaha. Maybe you are gay. Hehehehehehe. I'm kidding I'm joking. Wuss! grin
grin grin grin
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by isalegan2: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2011
fstranger1:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeTCVojVE2Q?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Hey, Stranger.  That's neat.  Obey's style is subtle, isn't it. 

Also, feel free to laugh at Eku_Bear.  cheesy

P.S.  I'll listen again.  A message, I surmise.  "Ko sogbon to le da." 

edited: I don't want to derail thread.  I'll search for a couple of online shopping sites and post in this message shortly. ok?

GO HERE. I haven't ordered from them but those online stores were recommended to me for Barrister's records. I expect they would have Obey's as well.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=569456.msg7411077#msg7411077
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by fstranger1: 7:09am On Jan 17, 2011
^^^^

Do you know how I can get 'eni ri nkan he' by Obey?

The gay thingy discussion with eku_Bear is hilarious. You guys are doing just great.

I am more into listening to Obey at this time.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 17, 2011
There is nothing wrong in polygamy but the problem i have seen with most men adopting new wives is that they easily forget their previous spouses and the new ones seem to take their attention at that particuar.
Meanwhile,the mothers and their children are left to fend for themselves and most of them end up as illiterates and hustlers.
Polygamy is part of our society and will always remain but those considering it as an option should think twice before going into it.the children should not be the scapegoat in the system.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by dayokanu(m): 7:21am On Jan 17, 2011
FStranger I am jealous of your romance with Isale gangan
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by fstranger1: 7:30am On Jan 17, 2011
^^^^

You should be! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have that effect on my rivals!

PS: You have Tpia now
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 17, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^^

You should be! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have that effect on my rivals!

PS: You have Tpia now

dk has no probs with polygamy na

and he is sharp enough to give you separate compounds
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Kilode1: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2011
Stranger, omoluabi, close this isalegan deal quickly and take her offline, Ti isu eni ba jina,

DK may not be alone in his jealousy. . . cool
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

Stranger, omoluabi, close this isalegan deal quickly and take her offline, Ti isu eni ba jina,

DK may not be alone in his jealousy. . . cool
mi like part yi< kiss kiss>
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by ElRazur: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2011
Say what at Becomerich actually making solid points. Lol. Keep it up.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Kilode1: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2011
That Obey song = made my morning commute enjoyable. Ha! Thanks!
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by isalegan2: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

. . . take her offline

Ki'lewi?  What?  Why can't I be online?  I'm here to talk about politics in general and keep up with current affairs at home. I promise.  Or, do I have to show you the "Pali" Oyinbo school gave me for Political Science?  smiley
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by matemate: 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2011
Can someone show me , any place in the Bible, where it says A man can not have two wives? I need to see it. help me out.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Akhenaten: 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
Death to monogamy!

We must practice the beliefs that our grandfathers practiced.

That is the belief in polygamy.  grin

It just warms my heart when I see African presidents practicing polygamy. Jacob Zuma of South Africa comes to mind.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Kilode1: 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2011
isale_gan2:

Ki'lewi?  What?  Why can't I be online?  I'm here to talk about politics. I promise.  Or, do I have to show you the "Pali" Oyinbo school gave me for Political Science?  Thank you for understanding. I'm sure I have your support. smiley

I want you online. You are hereby recruited as one of my able warriors, your credential "Pali" is very close to mine with a few jaras added. Omoge, I approve!

But, I was referring to your "ere oge" with Fstranger, Omoluabi ni Stranger, close the deal quickly.

I kinda suspect some polygamous folks here are ready and able to take you in + Ileke-Idi, if the fstranger deal falls through.

"Bi owe bi owe ni a nlu ilu agidigbo, ologbon ni njo omoran ni si mo" cool
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2011
Wa sere omode yi, Ori mi n wu pelu awon owe yen
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Rhino5dm: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2011
seemingly hypocrite! its alright to have 1 legal and unlimited concubines. lol.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Kilode1: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Bros DK, Ise te ran wa lawa nse o!
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by fstranger1: 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2011
^^^^

I sense a coup here

Anyway, it is with joy and warm heart that I announce to every one on NL that I just closed the deal on Isale_gan2. I have just booked my ticket to Isale Eko to see her parents and in due time we will announce our engagement programme.

PS: I here by declare that all statement made in this post are true complete and correct to the best of my knowledge, and no other person may communicate, directly or indirectly, with my Isale_gan2 without my permission.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2011
Ok O. We are looking and ready to pounce.

Whats up with your location?
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Kilode1: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ Stranger: Sharp guy!

Isale_gan2 almost became "eran agba"
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by isalegan2: 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2011
Stranger, Psst.  It's IsaleGangan, not Isale Eko.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2011
Stranger,

Now first step is done, Now make sure you consummate the union sharp sharp and provide evidence of bulging tummy else I can "Gbe ese le" cool
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Becomrichn: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2011
The problem with Nigeria is, when a pastor say something, people stop reading the word of God to find out if the pastor made a mistake. There are many mistake that pastors made.

Even think I believe yesterday. If you show me, today in the bible, if i have an open heart toward the word. And when a Pastor does not believe he is God. He would humble himself and correct his past believe. But when a pastor is proud and he believe he God. he would not accept his mistake.

Like in the case when say a christain can not marry except his wife his dead. That is not what the bible say. But because many pastors and churches have refuse to humble themself to real see if what others are saying is in the bible. The bible says you can remarry , that what the bible says, depend on the nature of what happen.

It hard for some of this pastor to have preach something for many years and now say I am sorry I am wrong. It is that I AM SORRY, and they refuse to humble themself, because they have got to a point, when they feel , they are GOD. But when you are humble. You can say I am sorry. Pride destroy a nation.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Becomrichn: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2011
The problem with Nigeria is, when a pastor say something, people stop reading the word of God to find out if the pastor made a mistake.  There are many mistake that pastors made.

Evenything I believe yesterday. If you show me, today in the bible, if i have an open heart toward the word. And when a Pastor does not believe he is God. He would humble himself and correct his past believe. But when a pastor is proud and he believe he God. he would not accept his mistake.

Like in the case when say a christain can not marry except his wife his dead. That is not what the bible say. But because many pastors and churches have refuse to humble themself to real see if what others are saying is in the bible. The bible says you can remarry , that what the bible says, depend on the nature of what happen.

It hard for some of this pastor to have preach something for many years and now say I am sorry I am wrong. It is that I AM SORRY, and they refuse to humble themself, because they have got to a point, when they feel , they are GOD. But when you are humble. You can say I am sorry. Pride destroy a nation.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Becomrichn: 5:29am On Jan 18, 2011
So when the church now let itself be taken by evil, just because they want to maintain monopoly as the only nigeria church and doing unGodly thing that is wrong against other. God see it.

Understanding polygamy in america. Monogamy is an anglo american law, not tradition. In isreal there is polygamy.

Anyone who is against polygamy does not know the word of God. You see, the bible clearly state, that at the last day polygamy would be the order of the day. That men are going to have multiple wives. This is the prophecy and this prophecy most come to back.

Isaiah 4:1

In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!"

2 Ne 14:1

Can you see the word " take away our disgrace" I do I take away thier disgrace, dont laugh o. "by marrying them" by marrying them. I know it sound funny but dont laugh.

America law allows you marry one legal. but does not mean, you can not have another wife , not in the books. many people in america have polygamy marriage. How do you think muslim do it in america.

Even in nigeria, there are churches which allow polygamy.

this is an american who is a polygamist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qnrmjcwww

There is a bible prophecy behind it. And noone can show you anywhere in the bible that say you cant have more than one wife. the only think we can see his paul written timothy 1tim 3:2. apart from people talking about flesh(term wrong use)

Polygamy must happen for the bible prophecy to be fulfilled. Nobody should do anything to prevent this prophecy.

When a pharises ask Jesus if he can divorce his wife. he ask Jesus in a singlular term. "wife" but Jesus reply in plural term. "wives"

This man was talking about wife. Jesus said like a yorubaman, wives.

The bible tell you about "the wife of thier youth", it refered to thier first wife.

And when you look at Jesus parable to the 10 virgin. Jesus talk about one man married 5 wives on this same day.

Matthew 25

25:1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins
who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

25:2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

25:3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,

25:4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

25:5 But while the bridegroom. was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

25:6 And at midnight a cry was heard:
'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'

25:7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.

25:8 And the foolish said to the wise,
'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'

25:9 But the wise answered, saying,
'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you;
but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'

25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came,
And those who were ready went in with him to the wedding;
and the door was shut.

25:11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying,
'Lord, Lord, open to us!'

You would see that Jesus was talking about polygamy, because there is a prophecy tied to polygamy. that a man would take seven wives. The only place you find is 1 tim 3:2 , which clear state, if a man want to be a Bishop. But hear is the truth , how many men want to be like Bishop Oyedepo. Not many.

And notice that statement says if a man want to be a bishop he must be a husband of one wife. And what about if a man does not want to be a Bishop. This portion of the bible tell you, that in the early church during the time of Paul and Timothy many of the born again christain , had more than one wife. that why he told you. It means many of the born again people with timothy , he had to look for only the one who had one wife to make bishop. some of them had more than one wife. Not every man want to be like Bishop Oyedepo.

I am clear against putting anything in the nigeria constitution that prevent polygamy because it is against the prophecy of the bible. The prophecy would not be fulfilled if we have it in our laws against it.

Isaiah 4:1

In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!"

Is there anybody who has disgrace out there. 5 virgins were foolish, may you never be foolish. Do you still want to keep your disgrace. dont be a foolish virgin. You can see my email.

b
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by bkbabe97y(m): 5:58am On Jan 18, 2011
Kilode?!:

The confusing part though is that when it comes to fashion, most Nigerian guys are more metrosexual than regular US Males. They might look like a Black version of Sacha Baron Cohen until they express their conservative worldviews.

Hhahahahahahahaha. lol. I think most of them gay anyways!
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Thirst4Lif: 2:12am On Apr 10, 2011
Most of the responses sound like they're coming from men. I'd really be interested to hear from women who are in polygamous marriages,

assuming they are allowed by their husbands to use the internet. lipsrsealed How do women who were raised in a polygamous household feel about it.

How sheltered are these women kept? Are they educated women following tradition? No matter how polygamy is justified by its participants I'm

inclined to think there is animosity and hurt feelings among the women. Lastly, does polygamy deter cheating by the husband? Do these men still

seek comfort from women outside of their marriages.
Re: Polygamy: The Debate? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Attorney General, Bello Adoke’s Mansions In London, Dubai Uncovered / Lower Nigerian Flag All Over The Country In Honor Of Ojukwu / Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.