Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,096 members, 7,942,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

How To Make New Customers Trust Your Business - By Amechi Okoli - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / How To Make New Customers Trust Your Business - By Amechi Okoli (491 Views)

My Top 5 Lessons Learned As A Freelance Writer - By Amechi Okoli / Amechi Okoli (amech213) is a Fraudulent Writer / How To Write Perfect Product Review Articles : By Amechi Okoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make New Customers Trust Your Business - By Amechi Okoli by Nobody: 11:13am On May 17, 2020
How To Make New Customers Trust Your Business - By Amechi Okoli

Hello, have you been doubted by your potential clients before? It hurts right?

Consumer doubt simply means a lack of trust in your brand or business. Small or unpopular businesses are usually the victims of consumer doubt, simply because the consumer has never heard of, or consumed their product before.

One thing I know for sure is – consumers are more than willing to spend their money on goods or services they can TRUST.

The question is, as a small business, how do you build consumer trust? The answer is simple, become more credible!

In this article, I’ll be writing about how you can make new customers trust your business.

Keep reading!

No. 1 – Speak Against Your Own Interest

The trick here is simple, if you keep telling your new customers or clients about how what you’re selling is the best and how it's perfect for everyone, the more they will become suspicious of you.

The truth is, no product in this world is good for “everyone”. A weight loss program, no matter how effective it is, would be useless to a slim person.

You can play the “reverse psychology” trick on your customers by reminding them that your product isn’t for everyone. Not in those words exactly, you have to creatively craft it when you write your advertisement campaigns or sales copy (I can help you with that).

You can say something like, “If you weigh below 85 pounds, then this weight loss program is NOT for you”.

This is a harmless confession, since lightweight people would most likely not even register for your weight loss program in the first place! Another advantage of this confession is that anyone who comes across your advert would trust you a bit more, since you openly admitted the weight loss program isn't for everyone, and put yourself at risk of a loss.

Human psychology is funny, hype yourself too much and they will doubt you, discredit yourself (in a soft, harmless manner) and they will trust you.

No. 2 – Be Precise With Numbers

I remember a certain time I wrote a sales copy for a big brand here in Nigeria, that was about 3 years ago.

I had a friend who knew a guy that worked there and he hooked me up with the contract. When this guy asked about my writing experience, I told him about my very first published article on 360nobs.com (one of the most popular entertainment blogs in Nigeria at the time). I wrote it in 2012 and it was published the same year.

He also asked how many views the article got, and I specifically told him that the last time I checked, the article had 17,331 views. He checked with his phone and the number of views had increased just a bit.

He gave me the job and I wrote the sales copy for his company.

He told me himself that the reason he awarded me the contract was because I tried to be as specific as I could with my numbers. That shows I pay attention to detail.

He told me he trusted me a lot more when I gave him my precise numbers than when we were first introduced.

I wonder if I would have gotten his trust, or the contract, if I lazily answered his question by saying “the article got thousands of views”.

Seriously ask yourself, which of these 2 statements is more believable –

25% of Nigerians drink alcohol
25.6% of Nigerians drink alcohol
For me, number 2 is more believable because it is more specific, it also shows the researcher cares about the extra fractions, same way your customer will care about those extra details that wouldn’t seem like much to you.

I don’t know the nature of your business, but I know business involves numbers of different kinds, both small and large.

Be Precise with them!

No. 3 – Show Evidence

What better way to boost your credibility and gain consumer trust than showing proof?

I can do this, I can do that, bla bla bla. Consumers really don’t give a s##t if you cannot prove what you are capable of.

I earlier mentioned my first published article on 360nobs, and the guy I had a meeting with saw for himself that indeed, I did write and publish an article that had over 17,000 views in 2012.

As at today, that article (on 360nobs alone) has gained over 18,800 views and I can prove it. Here’s the link to it –

https://www.360nobs.com/2012/12/360submission-why-una-dey-vex-amechi-double-six-okoli/

As much as you can, try and post screenshots of your past client’s testimonials on your social media pages or on your website. That can act as proof too!

Conclusion

I hope the information provided in this article has been helpful.

This article was written by Amechi Okoli. He is a professional writer who has written for top-tier clients in and outside Nigeria.

WhatsApp - 08033422206

E-mail - amechi213@yahoo.com
Re: How To Make New Customers Trust Your Business - By Amechi Okoli by Nobody: 4:40am On May 22, 2020
Nice
Re: How To Make New Customers Trust Your Business - By Amechi Okoli by Nobody: 7:18am On May 25, 2020
Write Like A Pro

(1) (Reply)

Get Upwork Account And Start Getting Job Offers As A Freelancer / Let Us Write Your Well-researched Articles For You / University Of Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.