Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,491 members, 7,892,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook (1046 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by xpmode(m): 11:48am On May 17, 2020
While hunger knows no gender and cooking should be a basic survival skill and not a gender role, how convenient is it for a man to marry a woman who doesn't know how to cook?

This question may hold little or no weight in the Western world, but it's a very relevant question in Africa, especially Nigeria.

Nigeria is a country that is known for very tasty traditional delicacies. Is it Amala and Ewedu/Gbegiri, Egusi soup, Ogbonno soup, Black soup, White soup, Moi-Moi, Masa and groundnut soup, Nigerian party jollof rice? You just name it.

With all of these mouth-watering dishes, you would expect every Nigerian woman to know how to cook. But sorry to burst your bubble, this isn't always the case. Continue reading this lovely piece here https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/sunday-focus-marrying-a-woman-who-doesnt-know-how-to-cook/

THE STREET JOURNAL
Visit www.thestreetjournal.org for more

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by haryorbarmie83(m): 11:52am On May 17, 2020
Is hell to marry woman who doesn't no how to cook, eventually you will end up having another side chick.
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by lilfort(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2020
so u will be spending moni on eatry
i rebuke am
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 17, 2020
A man that wants a woman to cook must be able to 100% provide for whatever needed to cook that food

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by pyyxxaro: 12:28pm On May 17, 2020
It’s like having a breasst with nipplee
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by Mariangeles(f): 12:31pm On May 17, 2020
Again with this? undecided

@Blueraydick, come and tell them how much of a good cook a working man can be ooo

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by udopee(f): 1:01pm On May 17, 2020
Are you tired of the side effects and complications that comes with using artficial methods of Family Planning (contraceptive pills, injectables, etc) and need a professional counselor to guide you on Natural methods of Family Planning, we are here for you.

As a woman, understanding how your body function is a sure and safe step in achieving Sexual and Reproductive Health and planning your Family effectively.

Enroll in our Whatsapp platform and get proper guidance and tutorials from professionals on Natural Family planning methods and be empowered on relaying on your own resources to live a more fulfilled life.

It is private, convenient and affordable.
Contact us today and You will not regret it.
Whatsapp: 08189229266.
Email: touch.heartfa15@yahoo.com.

YOUR_HEALTH_IS_YOUR_WEALTH.
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by ibkayee(f): 1:23pm On May 17, 2020
It can be learned, I don't think it's as much of a deal-breaker to the average man as some make out, I can't see them throwing away a good quality woman in every other aspect because she can't cook, he doesn't have enough 'leverage' to easily snap his fingers and find another just like that...

I also don't think many women have an issue with cooking in the first place or learning if they can't. It's a basic life skill, both of them should know how to cook, to be honest. And as far as how the responsibility is shared (or not shared) in the house primarily, it should not be the wife's duty by default, it should depend on how they're pulling their weight in the other areas overall...like a fair partnership where two people in a union just help each other out to make life easier, whether it be finances, domestic chores, caregiving etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by frozen70(f): 1:45pm On May 17, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Is hell to marry woman who doesn't no how to cook, eventually you will end up having another side chick.

Men will ever have a reason to cheat its in them
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by frozen70(f): 1:46pm On May 17, 2020
If you marry a woman that doesn't know how to cook, you can take her to catering school to learn how to cook or get a cook to come home and teach her how to cook

Gradually she will pick up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by sisisioge: 1:49pm On May 17, 2020
But this shouldn't be a problem in the face of all the internet cooking resources available. Every willing person can learn in minutes now.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by ObongBona(m): 3:00pm On May 17, 2020
Send her to catering school ASAP.
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by bukatyne(f): 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
xpmode:
While hunger knows no gender and cooking should be a basic survival skill and not a gender role, how convenient is it for a man to marry a woman who doesn't know how to cook?

This question may hold little or no weight in the Western world, but it's a very relevant question in Africa, especially Nigeria.

Nigeria is a country that is known for very tasty traditional delicacies. Is it Amala and Ewedu/Gbegiri, Egusi soup, Ogbonno soup, Black soup, White soup, Moi-Moi, Masa and groundnut soup, Nigerian party jollof rice? You just name it.

With all of these mouth-watering dishes, you would expect every Nigerian woman to know how to cook. But sorry to burst your bubble, this isn't always the case. Continue reading this lovely piece here https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/sunday-focus-marrying-a-woman-who-doesnt-know-how-to-cook/

THE STREET JOURNAL
Visit www.thestreetjournal.org for more

There is a difference between inability to cook gourmet meals and inability to cook at all.

The latter is a basic skill and you are wondering what else in missing if a lady/ guy can't boil rice and basic stew or indomine and egg.

However, some husbands adapt to wives who can't cook and the abundance of food vendors makes it easier once they can afford it.

And a rare few cannot cook irrespective of efforts to train them. Heard of a lady who couldn't cook despite trainings and all so they settled for eating meals outside.

Her lack of cooking skills was compensated with excellent house keeping skills.

YouTube and Instagram today makes learning easy as A, B and C for people willing to.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:08pm On May 17, 2020
I believe there is a difference between not knowing how to cook and not liking to cook.

The term good cook can be subjective and some people are good at cooking some certain foods better than others.

Una dey talk learn people like me just don't like cooking I have no zeal in that area at all.I don't enjoy it neither do I like it

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by Twoclans(f): 5:29pm On May 17, 2020
It's good for a lady to know how to cook good and delicious meals.That aside we have big boys that their wives have the best chefs making the household meals everyday .Are they all dead or have their manhoods reduced.

Poverty is a hydra headed disease,it makes one worry about things that dont matter .

1 Like

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by Mariangeles(f): 6:20pm On May 17, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
I believe there is a difference between not knowing how to cook and not liking to cook.

The term good cook can be subjective and some people are good at cooking some certain foods better than others.

Una dey talk learn people like me just don't like cooking I have no zeal in that area at all.I don't enjoy it neither do I like it

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like bathing, it is necessary for everyone.
One can easily say they don't enjoy cooking because they have options of getting cooked food anyways.
If you eating depended only if you cooked, would you give up eating?
Everyone should be able to fix for themselves a basic healthy meal and enjoy doing it.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:53pm On May 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Like bathing, it is necessary for everyone.
One can easily say they don't enjoy cooking because they have options of getting cooked food anyways.
If you eating depended only if you cooked, would you give up eating?
Everyone should be able to fix for themselves a basic healthy meal and enjoy doing it.
I know how to cook below average sha grin grin
If I come in a situation with the bolded I can do it for myself but thank the heavens that is not my situation.But on every normal day cooking is not my thing and I don't like to cook or enjoy doing it.But as a survival skill I can cook myself an average basic meal.
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by DonroxyII: 3:29am On May 18, 2020
frozen70:
If you marry a woman that doesn't know how to cook, you can take her to catering school to learn how to cook or get a cook to come home and teach her how to cook

Gradually she will pick up
Some women ain't interested in cooking ... I have a girl (I like cooking at home) ... I usually cook for her ... She says "ThanGod you sabi cook, I won't have a problem when we marry" .... I told her point blank you can't compare a feminine hands and touch to a dude's... No reason am, I won't marry and be cooking unless for romance or absolutely necessary ...

I can't deal with a woman wey no sabi cook, I too eat bad-bad food as single ... You gatz eat correct as Married especially when you gatz the what it takes !
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by frozen70(f): 3:31am On May 18, 2020
DonroxyII:
Some women ain't interested in cooking ... I have a girl (I like cooking at home) ... I usually cook for her ... She says "ThanGod you sabi cook, I won't have a problem when we marry" .... I told her point blank you can't compare a feminine hands and touch to a dude's... No reason am, I won't marry and be cooking unless for romance or absolutely necessary ...

You are right

If a man should master the act of making love

Then a woman should master the cooking skills

1 Like

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by DonroxyII: 3:33am On May 18, 2020
frozen70:

You are right

If a man should master the act of making love

Then a woman should master the cooking skills
Fantabulous..... You are doing well ... Stopeeeeettttt cheesy
Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by bukatyne(f): 7:33am On May 18, 2020
DonroxyII:
Fantabulous..... You are doing well ... Stopeeeeettttt cheesy

Oooin! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sunday Focus: Marrying A Woman Who Doesn't Know How To Cook by Bluehill1051: 8:22am On May 18, 2020
ibkayee:
It can be learned, I don't think it's as much of a deal-breaker to the average man as some make out, I can't see them throwing away a good quality woman in every other aspect because she can't cook, he doesn't have enough 'leverage' to easily snap his fingers and find another just like that...

I also don't think many women have an issue with cooking in the first place or learning if they can't. It's a basic life skill, both of them should know how to cook, to be honest. And as far as how the responsibility is shared (or not shared) in the house primarily, it should not be the wife's duty by default, it should depend on how they're pulling their weight in the other areas overall...like a fair partnership where two people in a union just help each other out to make life easier, whether it be finances, domestic chores, caregiving etc
You have made zero sense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Haier Thermocool Or Nexus Washing Machine / Giveaway For Family / Get The Mr Or Mrs Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.