Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,891 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:19 PM

How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) (53588 Views)

Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / Where In Lagos Can I Get EWA Agonyin,from The AGONYIN People???? / Simple Steps To Prepare Homemade Zobo Wine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by OhMyG0d: 5:14pm On May 17, 2020
uglodoh:

It is Togolese food. The ewa agoyin means Togolese beans.
It is more popular in the South West because of the population of the Togolese.
That's great. Hearing this the first time. Sweet delicacy.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 17, 2020
Unibenfucker:

Nonsense food. Ewa agoyin is food for the poor. No Rich man can it that nonsense
if i hear, all theu need to do is to send tgeir secetary with plate.

There's one ewa agoyin joint in the hospital where I used to work. It was owned by a togolese family ever since i was little. Their beans was legendary, slay queens, MDs, cleaners, everyone from the hospital ate their ewa agayin. The taste is signature.

Jaubdu, this is the ewa agoyin dish i was talking about.

I need to learn to cook black soup, owo and groundnut soup next. Thanks pocohantas
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by 24kmagic: 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
Opperwezen:
Hitting front page on this forum na man know man things.
Native man don tire for this kwantry everything na man know man things.

I de tell you bros.
Once I see any story for front page I just know say OP know one of the mods or na fake story.

Poco no fit create thread make e no reach front page. May be lalasticla or seun or one of those mods na her very good friend. Cos no matter how meaningless the thread be, once na Poco, e must go front page.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by NaijadrivaCars: 5:18pm On May 17, 2020
Chai, Ewa agoyin saving us from hunger since 19 gogoro cheesy
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 17, 2020
caprini1:
Nice...i love beans .......,with, bread,plantain,Garri,yam, potatoes etc.

Can you also teach me how to make chin chin,i have cooking competition with maddam this evening,that will be a surprise package.
Cooking competition with your wife? Lol.. sounds lovely.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by zedegit: 5:23pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:
Food is ready. Had mine with garri, it tastes like ijebu garri, but it sure isn’t it.

All this stress ontop wagoin?

I'll pass. I enjoyed wagoin with bread when I was in Lagos. I also enjoy bread with beans. To me, no much difference.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Darato: 5:25pm On May 17, 2020
bid4rich:

I beg I need the book "Atonement". Help me send am to my email bid4rich@yahoo.com

God bless

It’s still $0.00 https://www.amazon.com/ATONEMENT-MYSTERY-RECONCILIATION-Deborah-Shile-ebook/dp/B088C4FQ8T/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=deborah+shile&qid=1589090167&sr=8-1 get it there or ask Riyagoddess
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 17, 2020
You really tried girly. This your method is straight forward and simple compared to the one we were taught in catering school.

In our recipe we have the following

The seed of dried pepper ( Ata gbigbe) like the one you used but not with the flesh. Only the seeds.
Ginger
Crayfish
Plenty oil

Then the onions is soaked in water for some mins prior to frying to remove the sulfur that makes it burn fast in oil as its going to be fried for long. Pepper seeds and ginger is not blended very smooth.

We were also taught the best beans for this is olotu.

Nice yummy pics.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by soleexx(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. I won’t hawk. I will open a shop somewhere on Admiralty or even Ajose Adeogun. grin grin

For the elite. One plate na 1k.

Its possible to sell for 1k...
Just
Fix the shop In the standard of KFC
Create a home, office delivery method
Get ur shop online
Advertise on Dstv...

Then you will sell for 1k and probably increase to 1500k less than few months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by LadySarah: 5:38pm On May 17, 2020
Gaggii:

How much do you charge for home service... I want you to come cook/teach me at home.

Also, what is cameroun pepper..may be you should tell me the yoruba name

She is Igbo, Abia to be precise undecided. Igbo woman should teach you your Yoruba food and names.

More like Ewa Agony ;DBeans that has two types of hot pepper in it will only induce pile.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 17, 2020
Babyforever:
Don't tell me you're cooking for all this broke fustrated and selfless nairaland guys....when their occupation is bash women here like their lives depends on it instead of them to go hustle like their mate's......umu ekwensu
Excuse me young lady, did you say "all this broke frustrated and selfless nairaland guys"? Wow! Why the generalization? That-Is-So-Pathetic!
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by LadySarah: 5:39pm On May 17, 2020
Pavore9:

If you take that much in the mornings and lulls you into sleep, when do you get to wake for the day?

Lol
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Pejudear(f): 5:41pm On May 17, 2020
Big high five for pocohantas. Ready to try my ewa agoin. Thanks for the recipe.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by mcyemite(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
Nice
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Harrynight(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2020
Nothing can make me eat this food
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Sheylon(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:
“I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin”, a friend once said this to me and I was like “se this one is okay like this?”

The rest you can figure out. grin
which one is the best Cameroon pepper?
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 17, 2020
Pavore9:

If you take that much in the mornings and lulls you into sleep, when do you get to wake for the day?
Anytime wey Baba Godey wakes me

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by edward1106(m): 5:58pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:
“I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin”, a friend once said this to me and I was like “se this one is okay like this?”

The rest you can figure out. grin

U did well. On the other hand, u can purchase the agonyi pepper(Blended seeds) at the market (commonly sold for #50.
Slice your onions so they look like fibers of meat.( the purpose is to make it dissolve so it is not seen after the frying process cos some people are irritated with the onions while eating).
For me, I don't add maggi and the flavour comes out timely with when you introduce the pepper after the onions.( this is where most people get it wrong that's while you see some people having black onions or partly green onions inside.
Compare it at the end to what you have prepared.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:01pm On May 17, 2020
Ishilove:

This looks so yummy. It seems you enjoy cooking

When I am in a good mood, Ishi. Generally, yes grin

edward1106:

U did well. On the other hand, u can purchase the agonyi pepper(Blended seeds) at the market (commonly sold for #50.
Slice your onions so they look like fibers of meat.( the purpose is to make it dissolve so it is not seen after the frying process cos some people are irritated with the onions while eating).
For me, I don't add maggi and the flavour comes out timely with when you introduce the pepper after the onions.( this is where most people get it wrong that's while you see some people having black onions or partly green onions inside.
Compare it at the end to what you have prepared.

I rather blend myself, that way I can know where my problem is coming from (if any). I don’t have a problem seeing my onions in beans, not a deal breaker for me. As for the taste, we like...

Thanks
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Torie8(f): 6:03pm On May 17, 2020
Yum yum kiss
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:04pm On May 17, 2020
Sheylon:
which one is the best Cameroon pepper?

I don’t know what you mean by best, but cameroon pepper is dried yellow pepper. It will always be good, except it was mixed with something else as is common with traders.

J111333:
Somebody please borrow me money mek I go pay this girl brideprice before this food pass me. cheesy

I done commot mind for where you dey, before I enter express. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:08pm On May 17, 2020
hilfinity:
Plz how did u manage to form dt shape with d beans cos m quite impressed o?

Wanna give it a try, so gimme feedback plz.

Any nicely shaped (small) container can be used for your plating. Just stuff your food, press it with a spoon to fill all edges, then you turn it out.

This is what I used, it came with a cake I ordered in the past.

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:12pm On May 17, 2020
Gaggii:

How much do you charge for home service... I want you to come cook/teach me at home.

Also, what is cameroun pepper..may be you should tell me the yoruba name

This is cameroon pepper, it is dried yellow pepper. I don’t know the name in Igbo, let alone Yoruba.

1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by my2chains(m): 6:14pm On May 17, 2020
My dream is just to be a big time rich niggar farmer!
Invest 100k in okro farming today and get 250% in just 4 months!
My2chains farm
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by caprini1: 6:17pm On May 17, 2020
Quinex2:
Cooking competition with your wife? Lol.. sounds lovely.
Some advantages of the lockdown. grin
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by geezynoni: 6:19pm On May 17, 2020
He said " 4 normal humans" grin

U sabi say abnormal humans plenty for ds country
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Canada2021: 6:19pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. I won’t hawk. I will open a shop somewhere on Admiralty or even Ajose Adeogun. grin grin

For the elite. One plate na 1k.
pocahantas please are you single? i need a wife oo. You have magical hands. would love to go out on a date with you.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Newbielearner(m): 6:19pm On May 17, 2020
Babyforever:
Don't tell me you're cooking for all this broke fustrated and selfless nairaland guys....when their occupation is bash women here like their lives depends on it instead of them to go hustle like their mate's......umu ekwensu

See mentality...

Someone was innovative enough to create a DIY thread. What in the post shows any gender inclination? From your reply to the post, who is bashing who?

Learn to take your frustrations away from creative threads please. If you don't know how to create something educative, go and learn!
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by anungangampu: 6:22pm On May 17, 2020
M trying this Morrow.. I promise my life
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Benwallt(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2020
Has anybody seen what's on this lady's profile picture? Fufu, diced onions, raw grounded pepper n fried fish in one plate. I can't shaa your ewa agon iyin
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:26pm On May 17, 2020
geezynoni:
He said " 4 normal humans" grin

U sabi say abnormal humans plenty for ds country

Lol. Some people have very large appetites na.

ednut1:
marry me baby

You told me you are engaged to be married. I haven’t forgotten. cheesy

anungangampu:
M trying this Morrow.. I promise my life

Please keep me posted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) / Nigerian Guy Shows His Cooking Skills: Says "Forget About The Big Boy Things"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.