Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,889 members, 7,933,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:04 AM

Another COVID-19 Loophole Bursted In Edo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Another COVID-19 Loophole Bursted In Edo (342 Views)

NCDC Calls Susan Okpe For Another COVID-19 Test, Days After Release / Another COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH / Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another COVID-19 Loophole Bursted In Edo by Joekaynews(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2020
A lady identified as Mercy Kemefagha has narrated her ordeal in the hands of Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and Edo government COVID-19 Committee on what she described as "keeping me in an isolation centre for nothing."

Kemefagha, in a video posted online revealed how she was first stigmatised by nurses when she went for a check up in a popular private hospital, Airport Road, Benin, because she had high temperature.

She said despite showing Doctors and Nurses in the hospital results of her previous tests and scannings that she's a patient of abdominal pains, they insisted that COVID-19 test must be carried out on her, yet they abandoned and distanced themselves from her while she shivered and suffered helplessly on the ground until she was referred to Stella Obasanjo Hospital Isolation Centre, Benin.

"They taught I have COVID-19. They asked what's wrong with me, I told them what's wrong with me. I showed them all my scan and test results, yet they insisted that I go for COVID-19 test, and that they will not let me leave, yet, they refused to attend to me. My temperature was very high, I was shivering, they distanced themselves from me, I was highly stigmatized", she revealed.

According to her, on getting to the Isolation Centre, though there was a little delay, test was carried out on her and her sample was taken to the laboratory with the assurance that the result would be out within three (3) days.

She further narrated that she was promised... read more @
https://infodailyng.com/just-in-another-covid-19-loophole-bursted-in-edo/
Re: Another COVID-19 Loophole Bursted In Edo by GamalNasser: 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
Scamdemic

Re: Another COVID-19 Loophole Bursted In Edo by Realadey(m): 5:48pm On May 17, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Unusual Symptoms Of Coronavirus: What We Know So Far / Surprise!!! Only 87 Cases Of Covid'19 Remaining In China...!!! / Used Home Station Gym For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.