Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:42 PM

Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? (12695 Views)

Ladies What Get You Attracted To A Man? / Guys, Are You Attracted To Tall Or Short Girls? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
Why are you attracted to Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters?

What does Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters have that appease your attraction?

Do you see them no different than your fellow African sisters? I would say No. Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters ancestry started in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
grin HA HA! woi mi body! Well I'd like to know this myself. True story where I live when the African men (esp. Sierra Leonean, Liberians and Ghanains) find out I am Jamo-Akata they imediately come flocking undecided
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
what is akata?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2011
Yes!  Did I tell you that they are in love with Beyonce, Ciara, Rhianna, and Macy Gray on my side of town?  I was at a function where men and women mingle to get to know each other.  It was a single mixer and an African brother were preaching about how black American women need to return back to the root and be the women that they should be.  

An AA brother jumped up and said what you want your women to be dumb and dependable to you?  Girl!  What he said that for!  The argument turned into a "Return back to Mother Africa" fiasco. The guy was like black women do not need to parade themselves like westernized white women with fake blue eye contacts and stringy weave.  

The African brother has a lot of excellent points but he was standing firmly on the 1920 platform.

Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
queensmith:

what is akata?

According to Mz Dark, akata is a black american woman. You know I am just a foreigner. My naija lingo training still rusty.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
lmao mrs chima you'll be suprised, i was talking to an old school mate who was complaining to me that his (private) university doesnt have any pretty girls 'like the ones in britain or america, the ones on tv'
I was disgusted!
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2011
queensmith:

lmao mrs chima you'll be suprised, i was talking to an old school mate who was complaining to me that his (private) university doesnt have any pretty girls 'like the ones in britain or america, the ones on tv'
I was disgusted!

Are you serious?!!! shocked shocked shocked I have seen beautiful African sisters and I can't imagine the University not having them. As I stated in the original post these sisters are no different then African sisters. You know there weren't any black people when Christopher Columbus "supposedly" discovered America and the islands.

Girl! Did you like Uncle Peaches outfit? He is fierce! Heeey!
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
i believe people like things that they are not used too or have not tried, basically, there are men who im assuming would run after these women because some may feel they are not as stuck up as african woman, or they are independent and wont ask for their money, or they feel they would be able to get over on them easier than an african women( these are just what i have been told by some african men), at the end of the day its all about the person and how you connect with them.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2011
the was was basically an idiot- i think hes looking for a woman that literally just stepped out of 'american tv'
the dude is ugly as hell as well, i dont understand how he could be soo picky!

lmao soo funny!
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2011
well there are american men who want women that just stepped out of tv also, so that's men, most think wat is on tv is real
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
aminalib:

well there are american men who want women that just stepped out of tv also, so that's men, most think wat is on tv is real

Unfortunately sister.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
funny thing is alot will be like ""oh i don't like weaves and makeup and fake shit" yet what do they think they see on tv, lol
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
aminalib:

i believe people like things that they are not used too or have not tried, basically, there are men who im assuming would run after these women because some may feel they are not as stuck up as african woman, or they are independent and wont ask for their money, or they feel they would be able to get over on them easier than an african women( these are just what i have been told by some african men), at the end of the day its all about the person and how you connect with them.

I hear you.  I would never think African sisters are stuck up.  I think African sisters is tired of the bullshit just like AA/Jamo sisters.  

I have seen some stuck up chicks in other races that will make strong African sisters look like a teddy bear.  Girl, tell them African brothers to talk to the Black American brothers about Black American women.  From their platform, black women are too independent, gold diggers, and castraters.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2011
Oh, I forgot! According to them, we love white men's balls. Excuse me while I vomit.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
well i am not an ambassador for african men, but i'll try to spread the word, but yes there are some very strong stuck up african women, that will not settle for less than the best, and alot of african men do not like that, just as AA men might find the same in some AA women, anyways u get in where u fit in,
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2011
I do believe their lack of tolerance in bullshit make them severely stuck up. I think Mobo is one of the guys that pissed at African sisters.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
i think mobo is pissed off at women period, i wish he would come out of the closet, so we can find him a man
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2011
[size=44pt]DOA![/size]

I have Uncle Peaches's celly number readily available when he do "stepped out". Here is his body shot.

Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2011
ooh just his type, white, mature and endowed, lol
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by seun0622(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Why are you attracted to Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters?

What does Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters have that appease your attraction?

Do you see them no different than your fellow African sisters? I would say No. Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters ancestry started in Africa.

@ poster
The attraction men generally have for Ladies like these are borne out of the fact that they are more open, responsive and expressive about their attraction and se-xuality for guys than some other ladies from some other parts of the world.
Imagine a Nigerian lady that has been brought up with the mentality of never making a move on a guy she passionately feels for, all she does is hope he comes one day, and if he doesn't, she assumes he doesn't feel the same way which might not be true.
IMO and from previous interraction from ladies of these sect. They surely have a way of identifying what they want and subsequently giving a go at it.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
seun0622:

@ poster
The attraction men generally have for Ladies like these are borne out of the fact that they are more open, responsive and expressive about their attraction and se-xuality for guys than some other ladies from some other parts of the world.
Imagine a Nigerian lady that has been brought up with the mentality of never making a move on a guy she passionately feels for, all she does is hope he comes one day, and if he doesn't, she assumes he doesn't feel the same way which might not be true.
IMO and from previous interraction from ladies of these sect. They surely have a way of identifying what they want and subsequently giving a go at it.

Regards

Do you think the African society of various regions place emphasis on African sisters to be less exhibitive and less aggressive in expression of sexuality?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by seun0622(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Do you think the African society of various regions place emphasis on African sisters to be less exhibitive and less aggressive in expression of sexuality?

The words[b] exhibitive and aggressive[/b] might not be too appropriate in describing the acts , lets rather employ words like [b]expressive and Pro active..
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2011
seun0622:

@ poster
Imagine a Nigerian lady that has been brought up with the mentality of never making a move on a guy she passionately feels for, all she does is hope he comes one day, and if he doesn't, she assumes he doesn't  feel the same way which might not be true.

Regards

you make a good point.

@topic, I don't think they are necessarily "more attracted" to jamo, akata, islander women, white, latino or whatever race etc. Just that these women are "easier" and I don't mean "easy" in a derogatory way. I mean easy as in more openminded and "sexy" I guess. like this poster i'm quoting has said. 

A lot of Nigerian women, from experience, know not to believe most of these guys "toasting" and ignore them. they are just trying to hit and run if you know what I mean. 90% of the time, they will say the same thing to the next girl they meet  tongue
we know these things because we grew up with them and know them inside out. lol

One thing you should keep in mind is that Nigerian women abroad have very low rate of teenage pregnancy/ single parenthood etc. compared to jamo, akata, islander women and the likes.
and the idea of "baby mama" etc isn't in nigerian woman's vocabulary.

I think men are more likely to go for women that will respond better to their advances not women who are likely to turn them down.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

One thing you should keep in mind is that Nigerian women abroad have very low rate of teenage pregnancy/ single parenthood etc. compared to jamo, akata, islander women and the likes.

Meaning? what does this have to do with them liking or disliking them?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Meaning? what does this have to do with them liking or disliking them?

did you read the last sentence of my post?

men flirt with women that are more likely to respond better to their advances.
If I know that an akata woman will respond better to my flirting i will ask her out, where as if I know that a naija girl will roll her eyes at me if I try it with her, I will better not go there.
and we all know what the union of a man and a woman leads to: baby lol not necessarily marriage.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

did you read the last sentence of my post?

men flirt with women that are more likely to respond better to their advances.
If I know that an akata woman will respond better to my flirting i will ask her out, where as if I know that a naija girl will roll her eyes at me if I try it with her, I will better not go there.
and we all know what the union of a man and a woman leads to: baby lol not necessarily marriage.

Oh ok, I see.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
wink
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2011
seun0622:

The words[b] exhibitive and aggressive[/b] might not be too appropriate in describing the acts , lets rather employ words like [b]expressive and Pro active..

Okay. Now that we employed different words, what are your thoughts on my question I asked you? Do you think African society expressed vast emphasis on African women to be less expressive and proactive?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

you make a good point.

@topic, I don't think they are necessarily "more attracted" to jamo, akata, islander women, white, latino or whatever race etc. Just that these women are "easier" and I don't mean "easy" in a derogatory way. I mean easy as in more openminded and "sexy" I guess. like this poster i'm quoting has said. 

A lot of Nigerian women, from experience, know not to believe most of these guys "toasting" and ignore them. they are just trying to hit and run if you know what I mean. 90% of the time, they will say the same thing to the next girl they meet  tongue
we know these things because we grew up with them and know them inside out. lol

I think men are more likely to go for women that will respond better to their advances not women who are likely to turn them down.

It is unfortunate that the baby mama craze is sweeping USA and majority of these baby mamas are white and on welfare.   However, the question were pertaining to Jamo, Akata, and Islander women.  What are the attraction of these women I mentioned.  You mentioned that it could be these sisters are much more easier to handle.  Okay.  I am Akata according to these lovely Nairaland men and called my husband a dummy because I am too "difficult"or "bitchy".  If that how they react to my persona, I can imagine what they are reacting to African sisters who wouldn't settle for less.  I am pretty sure it no different how they are reacting to my persona. 

Now I do see two sides to the paradigm concerning African women because one half of the men saying African women know their place and submits accordingly and the other half are calling African women bitches, hoes, gold diggers, single, lonely, and can't keep a man.  If I can recall that what brothers in America are saying about the sisters as well. 

As you can see my argument is THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCE between African, Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters.  All of our ancestry came from Mother Africa. The underlining question with all this being said does Nigerian men find attraction in Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters because of similarity to African sisters?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
chima, where do you get that most of the baby mama are white females and on welfare, from what i have read most of them are blacks, being that black women have the lowest rates of marraige in America,
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
aminalib:

chima, where do you get that most of the baby mama are white females and on welfare, from what i have read most of them are blacks, being that black women have the lowest rates of marraige in America,

I have a family member who works at the welfare office and their data states that MAJORITY of the women that are on welfare is white. You do realize that white women are the largest group in America and it could be that the marriage rate are higher and so is the divorce rate among white women. I will see if I can get cyber reference for these claims.

Although white women have the most marriage licenses doesn't negate the fact that there are many black women having abortions than white women because of eugenic movement.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ive noticed black women like to think black men move to other races because they are 'easy' is that the reason they wife them up and start families with them?
face it black men arent very good at appreciating black women, i dont see what the big deal about them is anyway, they are bloody useless!
and thats talkless of Nigerian men! If nigerian men want to marry akatas I suggest you all leave them! in fact, the more akatas islanders they pick up, the more beautiful island men available for yourselves!
Black women should learn to mix it up theres a world of beautiful men out there  wink wink wink

What Would You Want To Have As A Gift This Valentine? / See The hot Crazy Things Girls love Doing in The Club These Days (18+ photosif) / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62