Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,932 members, 7,935,955 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 07:47 PM

13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River (577 Views)

Sodomy And Cannibalism In Kuje College Exposed By 6-year-old Pupil / 27-Year-Old Teacher Caught Raping 2-Year-Old Pupil In Class In Lagos / 3-Year-Old Pupil Disappears At A Graduation Ceremony In Anambra. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by boman2014: 7:19am On May 18, 2020
A 13 -year - old Junior Secondary School 2 pupil , Josephine Wonah , has allegedly committed suicide .

The incident happened in the Yala Local Government Area of Cross River State .

A blogger based in the area , Matthew Okache, stated that following a misunderstanding with her mother , she drank herbicide and died in hospital .

Okache stated, “Josephine had a misunderstanding with her mother and the mother scolded her and she became offended, went inside the house and drank the herbicide used by her mother to kill grass in the farm .

“After drinking the herbicide , she went to her bed and lay down with nobody knowing until she started passing faeces and vomiting ; that was when people realised what had happened .

READ ALSO : Family accuses DPO of shooting policeman dead

“She was rushed to the Santa Maria Clinic along Imaje Road , Okuku , but died shortly afterwards.”

He said the girl was a student of a private secondary school in Okuku, adding that “her corpse was buried immediately as such an incident is a taboo in the area . ”

The Cross River Police Command ’ s Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo, said she had yet to receive the report on the incident.

https://punchng.com/13-year-old-pupil-commits-suicide-in-criver/
Re: 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:22am On May 18, 2020
The misunderstanding that led to this suicide is likeliest borne from keeping a BF. The devil is really having a successful mission on the youths of today.

I recommend the book "Question Young People Ask... Answers That Work 1&2" for all youths. Many topics on problems facing adolescent including suicide is well discussed and treated.
Re: 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by SeverusSnape(m): 7:32am On May 18, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
The misunderstanding that led to this suicide is likeliest borne from keeping a BF. The devil is really having a successful mission on the youths of today.

I recommend the book "Question Young People ask... Answers that work1&2" for all youths. Many topics on problems facing adolescent including suicide is well discussed and treated.
Jehovah Witness book. I know that book, I read it that year.

@Topic, What an unfortunate event.
Re: 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by TransflectTP(m): 7:37am On May 18, 2020
It's a pity
Re: 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by Nobody: 7:55am On May 18, 2020
As in ehn. It's good that we encourage people to say kind things and we educate people about mental health, but in doing so we should not forget to tell people the world wouldn't always be kind and we should learn to grow a thick skin.

Balance is key. Because we don't want to raise barbarians doesn't mean we should raise sissies.

I feel this results from a child being nurtured through Disney, Netflix and twitter standards.

Disheartening news.
Re: 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by Nobody: 7:59am On May 18, 2020
The kind of mothers we have these days don't know anything about successful and good parenting. Most girls and ladies just want to jump into marriage for the fun of it without realy taking the time to go through self evaluation in the area of marriage by attending some marriage workshops and seminars to know where they stand and where they need to improve or work on. I mean.... A lot to learn but no body gives a damn. All they care about is get married and start producing children like chickens. Not having an iota of idea how to manage this children.

The mother should be interrogated some more cos I don't believe this warped story. Some things don't seem to add up. Like Why was she buried in a hurry? Of late I've observed the way the 21st century mothers treat their children especially the young adult. One I know very well would always abuse this girl verbally and otherwise at the slightest. Blaming her for her "predicament" and I've always stepped in for this 13 year old girl each time her mother starts. Ive even had to threaten her with the cops if anything happens to this girl as she's always saying she'll commit murder on the girl. Like seriously shocked very illiterate on all levels. That is why I'm having a feeling that there's something fishy here. The matter should be investigated thoroughly.

I remember as a teenager, my mum dealt with us but she would always come back to hug and apologize for abusing us and make us understand why she did that. And then the mother and child relationship is mended again. But these days, mother's have this "go to hell for all i care" attitude which could actually send the child to hell.

Please, our 21st century "mothers " let us go back to the bases and learn good parenting styles to help manage our children. They are our future. Enough of the abuse.

Gracias.
Re: 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by Nobody: 8:07am On May 18, 2020
A
Re: 13-year-old Pupil Commits Suicide In Cross River by Greatzeus(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2020
Hope the mother is happy now cry
Many parents don't deserve to be called parents. Because they failed in life,they come home to transfer their aggression to their innocent kids. Rich people always treat their kids like angels,even apologize to them. But these poverty ridden idiots think because they are the parents their word's final. No wonder they breed agberos,one million boys, militants and rogues that disturb the peace of the country.

(1) (Reply)

Adez Communication Scam! Scam!! Scam!!! / Girl, 14, Took Her Life Due To Having No Internet To Attend Online Classes (Pix) / How Much Is Your Bank Charging Per Dollar? See What Access Charged Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.