Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,473 members, 7,929,568 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:55 PM

How Fruits Are Formed In Tomatoe Production - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Fruits Are Formed In Tomatoe Production (279 Views)

Do You Know, Pineapple Crown, Suckers, Leaves And Fruits Are All Money / NGO Produces Agric Training Videos-Cassava, Rice, Tomatoe, Fisheries,Piggery Etc / How can I fast-ripen my Tomatoe plantation at once, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Fruits Are Formed In Tomatoe Production by Greenfit(m): 7:43am On May 18, 2020
Let's talk a little about how fruits form in Tomatoe cultivation

Its amazing right? Here we go.
Tomatoe is a monoecious plant. That is... It contain both male and female reproductive organ in a single flower bud. Its otherwise known as a "Complete flower". The stamen, Anther (male) and the Stigma, Ovary (female).
For fruit to set, the Anther of the male needs to find it way to the stigma of the female (fertilization) by an agent either wind or insect and this process is called Pollination.
When this is done, Boom...Boom fruit is set. Life goes on...everywhere stew.
Nature is indeed a great
@greenfitfarms , this is the stage we are right not in our beef tomato plantation....the flowers and the fruits know how to set, and I was right on set too to give it a great shot for you all to see.
This is it and here we are...fruit setting

Contact us today for agro consultancy, landscape horticultural work and vegetable delivery

#tomatoes #greenhousefarming
#greenfitfarms #sexualreproductioninplants #pollination #fertilization #stamen #pistill #covid19 #eathealthy #eatyourveggies #josgrown
#letfoodcirculate

(1) (Reply)

Current Price Of Cashew In Nigeria / What To Do To Succeed In Fish Farming / Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.