Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,344 members, 7,932,262 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:01 PM

Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) (233 Views)

Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) by Paulot001: 11:56am On May 18, 2020
Praying Against Our Enemies (Rigth or Wrong)

STRICTLY FOR LEARNING PURPOSE

Obviously we all have enemies, but our real enemy is the devil. Though the devil manifest through humans.

In the write up i will focus on our human enemies.

Let us read what Jesus said about what should be our response to our enemies

Matthew 5 :43-45
Mat 5:43  Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 
Mat 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 
Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 
Mat 5:46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

It is clear that Jesus is talking about human enemies here and what is expected of us (HUMANS)

Luke 6:27-28
Luk 6:27  But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 
Luk 6:28  Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 

Jesus teaching about our response to human enemies (HUMANS)

Romans 12:19-20
Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 
Rom 12:20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 

Paul teaching about our response to our enemies (HUMANS)

JUDGING FROM ABOVE SCRIPTURAL PASSAGES

(1) IS IT RIGHT FOR WE CHRISTIANS CURSE OUR ENEMIES? (HUMANS)

(2) IS IT RIGHT FOR WE CHRISTIANS TO PRAY DEATH FOR OUR ENEMIES? (HUMANS)

(3) IS IT RIGHT FOR WE CHRISTIANS TO PRAY EVIL TO BEFALL OUR ENEMIES (HUMANS)

I will appreciate good scriptural response for NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH. Thank

NOTE FOR LEARNING PURPOSE
Re: Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) by ikh777: 12:12pm On May 18, 2020
Paulot001:
Praying Against Our Enemies (Rigth or Wrong)

STRICTLY FOR LEARNING PURPOSE

Obviously we all have enemies, but our real enemy is the devil. Though the devil manifest through humans.

In the write up i will focus on our human enemies.

Let us read what Jesus said about what should be our response to our enemies

Matthew 5 :43-45
Mat 5:43  Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 
Mat 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 
Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 
Mat 5:46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

It is clear that Jesus is talking about human enemies here and what is expected of us (HUMANS)

Luke 6:27-28
Luk 6:27  But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 
Luk 6:28  Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 

Jesus teaching about our response to human enemies (HUMANS)

Romans 12:19-20
Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 
Rom 12:20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 

NOTE FOR LEARNING PURPOSE

no HUMAN is an ENEMY... but EVIL SPIRITS ARE THE ENEMIES AND THE ENTER HUMANS OR MANIPULATE POROUS HUMANS TO EXECUTE THEIR EVIL WILL on Earth.

Scripture: LUKE 22:3 Satan HIMSELF entered Judas

Matthew 12:43-45 NLT -
“When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, seeking rest but finding none.
44 Then it says, 'I will return to the person I came from.'...

so SPIRITS THAT LEFT A PERSON CAN RETURN once the person does not FILL THE SPACE THEY ONCE OCCUPIED WITH A BETTER SPIRIT.

So WHEN WE PRAY AGAINST ENEMIES.... our focus is not HUMANS but the Spirit Entities sponsoring them.

Only an Illiterate Pastor or leader will direct prayers at a human being as the enemy.
Re: Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On May 18, 2020
Here is what I don't understand @OP. You posted Jesus' own commandments, hence answering your own question. Or are you in need of opinions to counter the truths right in front of you?

Matthew 5 vs 43-48
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[k] and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45 If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46 If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47 And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Re: Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On May 18, 2020
ikh777:

no HUMAN is an ENEMY... but EVIL SPIRITS ARE THE ENEMIES AND THE ENTER HUMANS OR MANIPULATE POROUS HUMANS TO EXECUTE THEIR EVIL WILL on Earth. ...
So WHEN WE PRAY AGAINST ENEMIES.... our focus is not HUMANS but the Spirit Entities sponsoring them.
Only an Illiterate Pastor or leader will direct prayers at a human being as the enemy.

Jesus never stipulated that the rule only applied to HUMANS. So why are you insinuating that He must have meant that??
Re: Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 18, 2020
Paulot001:

(1) Christianity is the highest faculty of holiness from God's viewpoint.

None of all those born of women is greater than John (baptist) but the least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than John~ Jesus Matthew 11:11

This means from Abel till John the baptist nobody is qualified for holiness from God's standpoint, Jesus claims he is the key to the kingdom of God! John 14:6

So in a nutshell only those who have passed through the potters of Jesus Christ are qualified for God's Kingdom. John 3:16

Therefore let's concentrate on what Jesus said on the matter. He made it clear to us that in God's kingdom there is no room for doubts {Matthew 5:33-37} meaning we need not be suspicious of people {1Corinthians 13:4-7} we need to believe completely in God as the righteous judge {Hebrew 11:6} once we are focused on doing what God requires of us we should be confident that no matter what happens we will be remembered for our faith! Matthew 16:25 compare to John 11:25-26

The problem is about FAITH!
Because FAITH is not a possession of all people! 2Thessalonians 3:2
So because many people wants to have both side, they want the best life now as well as their names in the book of life!

Well Satan is the ruler of the world {John 14:30} so a true Christian must be prepared for the worst now, Jesus said we must not open our mouth to curse anyone {Matthew 5:43-48} but Satan will convince people beyond every reasonable doubt that laying curses on our enemies is OK!

Certainly we all have one enemy (Satan the Devil) every other person we may think of was used as either instrument or agent of the Devil {Matthew 16:23} So instead of seeing anyone as an enemy, Jesus admonished us to pray for all our enemies, this means whoever we may be suspecting. What makes it difficult for most people is lack of FAITH, they feel there is no solid assurance of another life so they want to give it all it takes to keep this one, but FAITH is the assured expectation of things hoped for the evident demonstration of realities even though we're not seeing it yet! Hebrew 11:1
Re: Praying Against Our Enemies (rigth Or Wrong) by Kobojunkie: 3:36am On May 24, 2020
Paulot001:

P.S. If your understanding of Paul's teachings sits in contradiction to the commandment of Jesus Christ, please default to obeying the commandments of Christ.

(1) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie: Quoted Out Of Context. / Ex-muslim Atheists Discuss Why Muslims Believe Conspiracy Theories / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:saturday, May 30, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.