Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,924 members, 7,931,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 06:53 PM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (85682 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 22, 2020
oglalasioux:

Very wise

If you grew up in a happy home, you'll know it's not wise. I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by 21cents: 1:18pm On May 22, 2020
TheArchangel:
You know nothing John Snow.
A man speaking for a woman is what I detest the most. Stick with your men point of view and preferences please.

In the modern world, being financially independent devoid of marital hassles is the greatest thing ever for women. With it, you have the choice of having kids without any man tagging along. Women can always juggle their careers and kids without the baggages and dramas a man brings.

Marriage has never favoured women from time immemorial. It has always been a man that seek out or ask a woman to marry him never the other way round. Have you ever asked why?

@last paragraph. because he wants kids which can be gotten thru baby mama these days. otherwise women are nothing to men.

I've stayed alone 5yrs without any lady and I noticed I never longed for companionship or got wrecked with loneliness.

I fawking hate it when women overestimate their importance in a man's life.

10 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Legacy2343: 1:19pm On May 22, 2020
Getting married for pleasure,beauty and foolishness. grin

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 22, 2020
Cosyfaith:

Lol, you already said it. You are the constant factor.
I sure am, cheesy I am so embarrassed admitting it.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Liposure: 1:19pm On May 22, 2020
desiregold:
To be sincere, this is so true.

Remove societal pressure..., Most women will not marry. Most women will leave their unhappy marriage.

Around me., all I see are married women who confide in me, wishing they are still single.

On a serious note..., is marriage even worth it? Over here in Nigeria..., I see more unhappy couples than happy ones.

whats your point are u 4 or against marriage
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by NordicBrown(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2020
A lot bro.....
pDudd:
The biggest mistake is to marry any woman at all.

As a man, can you tell me exactly what you benefit from marriage that you can't benefit as a single guy. Tell me.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 22, 2020
OP this shouldn't e coming up at this time considering the present situation of the economy and world at large.

There's no woman who doesn't have one or two things doing and no woman wishes to stay idle but for the lockdown.
So don't even bring up this issue. And no body is forcing you and your lots to get married this period. Mind you it goes both ways. No lady wants to marry a guy who's not working or doing any biz.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by GreenDestiny2: 1:21pm On May 22, 2020
ellapius:
the biggest mistake for a Nigerian girl is to marry a guy who is not ready to marry. a Bleep boy. a jobless Bleep boy who believes his big gbola is his selling point

I can see that you are in pain. Why will a jobless man opine to marry in the first place?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by csamii: 1:22pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!

The person, people or focus group that did this study drank ogogoro!

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:23pm On May 22, 2020
GreenDestiny2:

I can see that you are in pain. Why will a jobless man opine to marry in the first place?
lol are u a lady. we know what we see ..
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:23pm On May 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What is your selling point?
my phone keyboard.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by libertyfather(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2020
Obierika:
As a single guy in Nigeria who is about to select a wife the biggest mistake you could possibly make right now is to marry a lady who is either not working or is not earning any sort of income.

Do not ignore this warning if you plan to get married soon!

My regret today, which I've come across post like this then embarassed
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:24pm On May 22, 2020
Advancedman:

Senseless.
This is not rivalry or gender banter.
thank u sir uncle Mr sense.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 22, 2020
Liposure:
which luv

Ah ah... You dont know love again?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:24pm On May 22, 2020
prekumohtim:

Yet, your dp in your profile shows what you are looking for in men
it shows I don't deal with weak men
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by dahlen71: 1:25pm On May 22, 2020
We heard you
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:26pm On May 22, 2020
madgoat:

You see that you have no future. So u want to marry a guy that will fend for you.If u are a lady, i pray never to cross ur path.
sorry darling u won't I this life time so don't beg
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by libertyfather(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2020
Naija246:
the biggest mistake in my opinion is to even consider marriage grin

Guys should know that you will enjoy your life far better when you are single than when married.
Being single affords you the luxury of:
-developing new skills
-saving a chunk of what you earn
-it affords you the opportunity to travel more.
-you will age slower(due to less stress)
Etc
The benefits of single life for a man far outweighs the pros of being married.
We men are doing Women a HUGE!! favor by marrying them. grin

guys, don't let any lady sell you the idea that marriage benefits you.. it's a scam!!
Marriage benefits Women not men!!
Hoard your ring!! cheesy

Wanna keep pressing the like icon....wish it possible

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by dandrey: 1:26pm On May 22, 2020
Obierika:
As a single guy in Nigeria who is about to select a wife the biggest mistake you could possibly make right now is to marry a lady who is either not working or is not earning any sort of income.

Very true, both parties needs to bring something to the table.
the marriage is healthy this way and will last longer.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by OBku4(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2020
sexylassie2:
The biggest mistake a woman can make is marrying a man with no income.

The reality is most men want to eat their cake and have it, they want a traditional wife but cant carry the responsibility of marrying a traditional woman.

Shebi you are the man, why do you need a woman that works, aren't you guys the superior being.

The only reason why you need a working woman is to prey on her finance, to be realistic, only broke men want a working woman, a rich man wants a house wife.

Note: cry me a river, you won't get any reply from me.

children
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by csamii: 1:28pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

I have seen these professional bachelors, trust me they are lonely, there is only so much women you can sleep with and then one day, you wake up, 60 and alone with no legacy. Having baby mamas is punishment for your children and subjecting them to a bad start in life. There are single parents who are that against their will but to actively want to be a single parent is selfish.

Really!? Legacy has to do with marriage and kids?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by dahlen71: 1:28pm On May 22, 2020
Obierika:

Serious?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Atandaowon(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=Naija246 post=89710416][b]most of these studies are propaganda in disguise.
in the real world, married men are more depressed, work more and are generally unhappy.

They are also easier to manipulate by employers since they have more to loose if they don't bring home the bacon.
A singles man's needs aren't much so you can't really manipulate him to work himself to death contrast that with a father with 3 kids and a wife to feed, such men will jump through hoops just to provide for their family.

PragerU published a video four years ago that was obviously propaganda encouraging men to marry, the backlash they got wasn't funny at all. grin
Men are wising up!! Especially men from the western world.

I dey feel you bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by jaxxy(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
Obierika:

If I am mega made I don’t need my wife to work a day in her life. Unless to keep her mind right and active, I hope to get there bt if regular hussling situation like the average Nigerian I guess she needs to do Smtn. Bt I generally like an ambitious bt level headed woman. Lol
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
ellapius:
my phone keyboard.

I believe your IQ and resourcefulness ought to be your selling point
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
inspiredbelieve:
Won ti fi big gbola ko eleyi logbon!
same with u sweetie.. emi ati awon aburo yin obirin ni won ti se be.. ewu gambia
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by dangoteinlaw: 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
Well that has some truth in it
And the biggest mistake any girl can make is to marry a broke man, which 75% of all naija guys fall into
Sad
comes lets get u a ritualists for a husband ode!!!

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:30pm On May 22, 2020
PastorFire:
What is dis one saying?
what ur sense and intelligence can't comprehend..
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:31pm On May 22, 2020
boyjo:

Women bring nurturing and support and beauty to the table.
Guy, go carry belle naw.
In fact she is the table grin

ellapius, sexylassie2
thanks darling
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by codesport(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2020
Obierika:

..... Men of nowadays are lazy and always asking for support unlike their forefathers. Can you imagine what you have just said!
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:32pm On May 22, 2020
madridsta007:

This isn’t a “mistake”.
A mistake is something unintentionally done.
This one is INTENTIONAL.
mistake can be induced by false information.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by AlhajaChinyere: 1:33pm On May 22, 2020
Votukpa:

You're father was supposed to teach you this:

A woman isn't supposed to contribute in the sense of what you expressed. Stop looking for a woman who will contribute economically in your home.

Men are more beautiful and complete than women because we don't need them like they need us. Behold real beauty when a man gives his wife everything she needs and he doesn't need anything from her except her devotion and cooperation.

If any man feels he needs a woman to contribute in his home then he isn't ready to marry yet.

A man who is rich in every way doesn't require riches from a woman.

He is not only '(al)ready made', he is GODREADYMADE.

Oooops RUBBISH!

Entitlement mentality!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Mother Had Sex With Her Teen Daughter’s Husband / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.