Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,513 members, 7,888,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:58 AM

Unseating The Mighty Pdp - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unseating The Mighty Pdp (4175 Views)

Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace / Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / Unseating The PDP Government Will Not Be Difficult – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by iflex: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2011
Consensus you said, right?based on whose judgments did the candidate become a consensus?Isnt that what a democratic primary elections is supposed to provide?truth be told, ACN's primaries was a shame on the purported democratic party, poly-tricking politician

before u talk é de world know wat u are talking about,in us election clionton stepped down 4obama tongue tongue
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by AFOOooo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2011
BEFORE U SAY PDP PRIMARIES WERE TRANSPARENT:

Why did the govs return but majority of senators did not?
Why did they create a balot box for a state in the presidential primary without a ballot box for a local gov in state primaries?
Why did Jonathan not win or gather resonable votes in Zamfara, and Niger?
Why were ballot papers that voted for Atiku found mostly in Zamfara and Niger?
What made JEG won Adamawa(Atiku State) while he almost had in Bauchi where the state Gov is the regional cordinator?
Why did Jeg swept Ogun a State that produced two governorship candidate which is a clear indication of faction?
Why didn't they uphold the primary principle between former ogun speaker and Bankole?
Can every JEG supporter tell me the pedigree of just three delegate from his state; who represented your constiency?
Can you tell me what modality did they use that made JEG addressed the delegates last?
In one statement for each of these pdp heroes;describe Annenh,OBJ, Banmanga Tukur, OGd, Yuguda,Edwin Clark, Nwodo et al?

TO BE CONT.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by warrior01: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
BEFORE U SAY PDP PRIMARIES WERE TRANSPARENT:

Why did the govs return but majority of senators did not?
Why did they create a balot box for a state in the presidential primary without a ballot box for a local gov in state primaries?
Why did Jonathan not win or gather resonable votes in Zamfara, and Niger?
Why were ballot papers that voted for Atiku found mostly in Zamfara and Niger?
What made JEG won Adamawa(Atiku State) while he almost had in Bauchi where the state Gov is the regional cordinator?
Why did Jeg swept Ogun a State that produced two governorship candidate which is a clear indication of faction?
Why didn't they uphold the primary principle between former ogun speaker and Bankole?
Can every JEG supporter tell me the pedigree of just three delegate from his state; who represented your constiency?
Can you tell me what modality did they use that made JEG addressed the delegates last?
In one statement for each of these pdp heroes;describe Annenh,OBJ, Banmanga Tukur, OGd, Yuguda,Edwin Clark, Nwodo et al?

TO BE CONT.

After reading this, I swear your parents will weep for you. The whole money spent on you just got wasted. Thank God for UBE, you can still go and repeat primary 2.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 5:35am On Jan 21, 2011
The Begining of the End (to PDP's presidency?)

CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow !
« on: Yesterday at 11:21:38 AM »

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10487:cpc-acn-may-sign-deal-friday&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

CPC, ACN may sign deal Friday .
Thursday, 20 January 2011 00:00 Lawal Ibrahim, Katsina & Abbas Jimoh .59

General Muhammadu Buhari

The Congress for Progressive Change [CPC] and the Action Congress of Nigeria [ACN] have concluded arrangements to sign a memorandum of understating [MOU] in Abuja tomorrow which is meant to field a joint presidential candidate in the general election of April.

Daily Trust learnt from high level sources on both sides that almost all the tricky details in talks which started some few months back have been resolved and the final meeting for the alliance is going be held in Abuja tomorrow where both parties will officially sign a working agreement towards the election. At tomorrow’s meeting, both parties will present their final submissions after which the pact will be signed, the sources said.

Earlier reports indicated that the alliance has already agreed to support the presidential candidate of the CPC General Muhammadu Buhari on the joint presidential ticket while the ACN provides the running mate. A source confirmed that some areas of friction had earlier stalled the process but were mutually resolved during the last meeting. He said it was now unanimously agreed that Muhammadu Buhari will become the presidential flag bearer, though under his CPC but with a joint mandate.

Though former Lagos State governor Ahmed Bola Tinubu has initially been touted as the possible running mate, Daily Trust learnt that certain political intrigues and calculations came to the fore, and it is unclear whether he has backed out or not.

However, a source said the names of former governor of Anambra State Dr. Chris Ngige, former Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as well as that of Pastor Tunde Bakare were being pushed by some strong interest groups.

Daily Trust learnt that some religious groups met with General Buhari in Kaduna on Monday over the candidature of Pastor Bakare.

A source close to former Lagos State governor Ahmed Bola Tinubu who has been leading the ACN side in the talks said he [Tinubu] is in support of the pact with the CPC and, in fact, encouraging the consummation of the deal.

Daily Trust learnt that tomorrow’s meeting is the fallout of the last meeting of leaders of the two sides held in Lagos on January 11, 2011 where critical issues related to the agreement were sorted out.

He confirmed that the two had come to the realisation that they needed each other to win the presidential election, especially against the current state of the ruling party, which is sharply divided by the zoning arrangement of the party.

The source revealed that alliance talks were earlier put on hold due to the rush by all parties to conclude their primaries in order to meet with INEC deadlines and also resolve various crises that emanated in both parties during the primaries.

The ACN has already fielded former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC] Malam Nuhu Ribadu after advising former governor of Sokoto State Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa and another aspirant to step aside. Sources said the ACN leadership did that based on fears that Bafarawa may not agree to step down after the talks with CPC. But the leaders were said to be confident that Ribadu shares a similar ideological disposition with Buhari and could agree in the circumstance to withdraw. Political parties have up to the end of this month to submit their candidates to INEC.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Zechy09: 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2011
I suspect the people championing this thread have selfish motives i.e they just want a change in party so that their people would enter and spread the money to them. The solution to Naija problems does not come from having an anti-corruption whiz kid afterall just a few people can accuse UMY of stealing money. The problem is having someone with a vision. PDP has not failed in all the states eg Enugu and Rivers, if we decide to talk about ACN then I would ask if it is only Fashola that is ACN governor? Why are we not hearing of others? I believe someone intelligent will solve nigeria's problems be him from PDP, ACN, APGA etc it doesn't matter. If u love Ribadu so much why don't u campaign for him in villages where majority of the votes will come from cos the internet people don't constitute a significant population, I will also tell u that the ACN is more concerned about having all SW govs than having a President. Finally EFCC should use big companies like KPMG and Delloite to have a review of civil service procedures and contract procedures as that will prevent corruption more than chasing after people that have stolen money.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Righton: 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2011
Empiror:

My opinions are;
I am not against anybody neither am I a supporter of any party.
My major headache is Tinubu. He is a thief! He acquires all the lands in Lagos, He imposes Toll gate to the Lekki axis (Hitech and LCC). He is the OWNER of LCC and Hitech. He wants to collect toll for the next 30years! All in an attempt to enrich himself and his unborn children.
The same Tinubu is the pionier of the party called ACN. All his political struggle is to put more hardship in to the life of common masses in good style. He pretends to be fighting for democracy, but he is fighting for the destrcution of masses. It is part of the reason why ACN lost in Ikorodu in the recent election that took place.
It is a pity that Fashola Raji (Lagos State Governor) founds himself in that party.
I WILL NEVER vote for ACN, just because of TINUBU (Thief).
Will keep watch on the PARTY and CANDIDATE to vote for.
I don't think you need to vote then. Let us just get EFCC to put Tinubu away for 10years and all the problems in the country will be solved ie the legislature in Ogun State will now be able to sit, Alao Akala and his thugs will stop, Anenih will now account for his stolen N300b, the NASS will now be spending just 1% of FG's budget, the federal government will stop money from education and health budget to the expansion of Abuja airport road to 10 lanes etc

I mean you are not against anybody or party since Tinubu is not a person and ACN is not a party
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Righton: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2011
Fidelo726:

It is only unfortunate the way you seem to be making your analysis.
Who was the murderer released from jail?
which evidence was found against him?
was any weapon found in him or with him?
how many people were at the arene when the incident took place?
how then was it that a public officer of the position of a senate will released a gun shot.

watch the nature of blackmail you are putting out cos I dont think it will sell.
Stop being legalistic
How many people who are in detention will be brought before the court prematurely and granted bail and flown to Abuja in a presidential jet to enable him vote for Johnathan
Now that Jonathan has got his ticket, Folarin is going back to court

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10085:folarin-discharged-by-court-flown-to-pdp-convention&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5663479-147/police_withdraw_murder_charges_against_folarin.csp
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/eleweomo-court-strikes-out-folarin-bails-application/
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5664641-147/oyo_reopens_murder_charge_against_folarin.csp

FYI - Senator Folarin was to appear in court on Monday 17 January to hear his bail application
Suddenly he was brought to court on Jan 13 and granted bail and he was taken to Abuja in a presidential plane to participate in the PDP presidential primary
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Epundu: 2:17am On Jan 23, 2011
This topic 'Unseating the mighty PDP' is rather dicey. It calls for caution and not for mudslinging. What we should be concerned with now is how to play poilitics of inclusion as against that of exclusion which hitherto had been the bane of our society. We need to enthrone credible leaders who will take us to higher level. This we can achieve through exercising our franchise -- by ensuring that we obtain the instrument 'voter's card' as well as voting in the candidates of our choice. A close look will reveal that there is a silent revolution going on presently. It is my believe that at the end of the tunnel is a bright light -- credible leaders will emerge irrespective of party's affiliation. God is never asleep.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Africa's Sit-tight Leaders / I Criticised Jonathan Nothing Happened, I Criticised Buhari & I Get Death Threat / What Does SAI Means - From SAI Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.