Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,565 members, 7,944,717 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! (826 Views)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Buy Cows And Goats from the north / Need To Buy Cattle, Sheep And Goats For New Farm At Epe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Sahusmedfarm: 11:04pm On May 19, 2020
Please I need advice on how to deal with this problem.
My farmland is being destroy by sheep and goats from the village near my farm.
There are about 5 villages nearby my farm, 4 of them have the law that your animals have to be housed, while the closest one to my farmland leave theirs roaming and destroying farms.
There is no way I can fence the land which is more than 10 acres.
I am planning to plans cashew and teak now and I need to devise a way to deter them from destroying the seedlings as they are really disturbing my banana suckers.
I have meet with the baale( village head) ,vbut he is not really helpful as he has some of the sheep and goats too.
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by HarunaWest(m): 11:06pm On May 19, 2020
Sahusmedfarm:
Please I need advice on how to deal with this problem.
My farmland is being destroy by sheep and goats from the village near my farm.
There are about 5 villages nearby my farm, 4 of them have the law that your animals have to be housed, while the closest one to my farmland leave theirs roaming and destroying farms.
There is no way I can fence the land which is more than 10 acres.
I am planning to plans cashew and teak now and I need to devise a way to deter them from destroying the seedlings as they are really disturbing my banana suckers.
I have meet with the baale( village head) ,vbut he is not really helpful as he has some of the sheep and goats too.
Get a pick up truck. Bait the beasts, wheb you catch them, just pack them drive them faraway shikenah. Problem solved
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:19pm On May 19, 2020
put yourself on a new sheep and goat diet and just.....

[img]https://media./images/0bcd4feed7b53ed9d6d1e72857d33c0f/tenor.gif[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Strangebuttrue(m): 11:30pm On May 19, 2020
you need to eat enough sheep and goats
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Khayceeofficial(m): 11:43pm On May 19, 2020
Do that thing wey you mind say make you do...

Cho ta oshishi grin grin grin
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Sahusmedfarm: 1:30am On May 20, 2020
Khayceeofficial:
Do that thing wey you mind say make you do...

Cho ta oshishi grin grin grin
You mean to poison them? It will be so obvious and everyone will forget about what the animals has put me through and my ranting, but instead will change the story to ' I kill their stock" as if they are suppose to be on my land.

Even if I want to go through that line, I don't know what to use.
But firstly, I want to think in the line of what I can use to repel them, this is because I don't live there and I know they will fight back if I do that .
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Nobody: 2:44am On May 20, 2020
Catch one and kill it in the presence of the rest.
They won't come there again
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Tochex101(m): 6:26am On May 20, 2020
BLUELemon:
Catch one and kill it in the presence of the rest.
They won't come there again
Will this actually work?
Egufe has a reputation for stubbornness oh.
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Nobody: 7:23am On May 20, 2020
Tochex101:

Will this actually work?
Egufe has a reputation for stubbornness oh.
you will be surprised
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by excanny: 1:52pm On May 20, 2020
There's nothing u can do other than use barbed wire fencing round ur farm.

If you kill their goat or sheep na wahala o.

Try temporary stick fencing until u get enough money do barbed wire.

Sorry pal, I feel ur pain.

Or try using a farm dog to patrol the farm everyday for a month or so.
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Dips04: 2:19pm On May 20, 2020
I think there is a law guiding issues like this,
Farms should be fenced and livestock owners should keep them within an enclosed place.
Sir I will advice you to try as much as possible to fence your farm as large as it is and any animal that tresspass, should end in your pot.
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 20, 2020
Try to fence your farm round and put small gate,...I think it wont allow them gaining access to your farm
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Sahusmedfarm: 6:13pm On May 20, 2020
Thanks @ Norphiee, Dips04, excanny and others.
It has been making me feel bitter, but what you said about the fencing is what I am considering doing now.
Though, before now I have made a temporary fence with stick and bamboo, but it get deteriorated.
I will start with hybrid of chain link/ razor wire and stick while the cashew and tree seedlings will be guided with mesh wire.
It is a big financial commitment, but what can I do.
Re: Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! by Sahusmedfarm: 6:14pm On May 20, 2020
Anyone with used but functional earth auger for sale

(1) (Reply)

What NABDA Said About The Cultivation Of Yam With Hydroponics / Cheap And Genuine Farmland : 600k Per Acre At Onigbedu Area,dangote Ibeshe. / Maize Planting Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.