Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,450 members, 7,888,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:51 AM

Debunking The Age Long Lies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debunking The Age Long Lies (364 Views)

2023: Debunking The Propaganda That A Southern Candidate Will Lose In The North / Truck Load Of Ammo In Onitsha: Debunking The Propaganda Immediately. / Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking The Age Long Lies by ahaz: 7:53pm On May 20, 2020
Let's start debriefing ourselves of some of the blackmail narratives contrived to undermine Eastern Regional cohesion for even development and collective survival in a faulty foundational structure that the Lizard amalgam has come to be.

Copied.

IGBOS AND THE MINORITY TRIBES OF THE NIGER DELTA.

Some weeks back on one of your posts I made a rebuttal about the erroneous and mischievous rants of some of my (our) misinformed Niger Delta brothers.

First and foremost let me tell you all a little story for the avoidance of doubt.

I am from the Agbo ethnic group in Cross River State. We are located in Abi Local Government Area which is a coastal settlement and unarguably the smallest LGA in Cross River State in terms of landmass and to a large extent population - slightly a few thousands ahead of Bakassi LGA.

My fore bearers both on my maternal and paternal side were given the opportunity to serve in then Eastern Nigeria regional government.

My grand uncle Dr.S E Imoke of blessed memory was an all influential cabinet minister in the regime of Dr M I Okpara. He held the Trade portfolio and was also Finance minister at the time until the unfortunate incident of January 1966.

He was the longest serving Education minister. His son the Urbane Liyel Imoke is the immediate past Governor of our state “Cross River”.

During the outbreak of the war, he was the Biafran Commissioner for Refugees and Humanitarian affairs. One of my maternal uncles also served as Permanent Secretary in the ministry of health at Enugu.

My maternal grand father was also a front-line member of the Eastern Nigeria regional house of Chiefs.

Outside my family circles, another great Cross Riverian M T Mbu was nominated a Federal Minister for Transport and Navy by the Igbo controlled NCNC.

It's on record that Mbu was Nigeria's first Ambassador to the UK, UN and the USA.

He is from Boki in Cross River state. Boki is another minority ethnic group just like my native Agboland. The Igbos gave him the opportunity to excel ahead of their own worthy sons at that time.

He is the father to a Senator MT Mbu jr. Another person who is noteworthy is the late Chief Michael Eta-Ogon who was the Administrator of the oil rich Port Harcourt province in the first republic.

He is also from the same Boki with Mbu. Thomas Weir Ikpeme an Efik man from Odukpani in my native Cross River was the longest serving Permanent Secretary in the Eastern Regional Ministry of Education.

The key point is that the Igbos were comfortable with us “the minorities” that was why they entrusted education solely in our hands.

Not only education but other critical areas like Public Works and Transport etc. N. U Akpan an Ibibio man from Akwa Ibom state was the technocrat behind the eastern regional public service. He was the Secretary to the regional governement

Thompson Akpabio, an Annang man from Ukana in present day Akwa Ibom state was the regional minister of health.

The former Governor of Akwa Ibom state Godswill Akpabio is his nephew.

There were other high ranking cabinet ministers of minority origin like one of our family good friends, HRH Amanyanabo E P Okoya, Agada III the Ibenanowei of Ekpetiama in Bayelsa State, Chief. Erekosinma of Rivers and a whole lot of others who are too numerous to mention.

During the secessionist struggle, an Ogoni from Rivers state, Chief.Ignatius Kogbara was Biafra's Ambassador to Britain.

My dad's friend Chief. Lekam Okoi, from Idomi in present day Yakurr LGA of Cross River state was one of Ojukwu's trusted drivers. He is today a successful lawyer and a former commissioner in the Federal Character Commission.

Capt Akpet a minority from Cross River was also Ojukwu's dependable aide on intelligence.

Secondly for the avoidance of doubt, aside these political appointments, our people enjoyed immense goodwill from the Igbo dominated region by way of

My dad's immediate elder brother received a scholarship from the regional government that enabled him study for a PhD in soil science.

He is the first man “arguably” in Africa to obtain a doctorate in Soil science. I have friends across the Niger Delta whose parents, uncles, aunties and relatives also benefited from the benevolence of the Eastern regional government.

Unarguably our Niger Delta region received it's last major face-lift in terms of infrastructure when we were under the Eastern region.

Till the abolition of the regional system of government, the Eastern region was the most united region, they was never a recorded case of ethnic skirmish or BLOOD letting between the Igbos and other minority.

During the pogrom of 1966 we all carried the same cross to “Golgotha”, both Igbos and Eastern minorities were killed in their thousands across Northern Nigeria by the blood thirsty Hausa Fulani/Northern folks without blinking an eye.

It doesn't really matter if you were Igbo, Ijaw, Efik or a miniature Agbo person.

I never really wanted to bore you with reading this lengthy essay but it's my moral responsibility to tell the truth at all times.

I was thought by my fore bearers never to distort history and to always separate facts from fictions.

If we were not marginalized by the Igbos during the “analogue” age, how then can the Igbos marginalize us in this digital age?
Re: Debunking The Age Long Lies by temblor1(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2020
Biafra is like jumping from frying pan to fire tongue
Hopeless land grabbers. Continue dreaming by the time you wake up with the recent gullying ravaging the East, you'll find yourself hopping on trees angry

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Age Long Lies by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 20, 2020
Why was Eastern capital moved from calabar to enugu and the second capital to umuahia?

Because igbos are the most racist tribe in Nigeria. You won't know because we have the Hausa and Yoruba to checkmate them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Age Long Lies by dukeprince50: 8:53pm On May 20, 2020
the problem I have with Ipob is that, why can't they forget about the SS minority tribe and create an all Igbo nation, what agenda do they have trying to by force the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Age Long Lies by BlueBanana: 9:08pm On May 20, 2020
I have noticed a very sad development being carried out by some people here and I wish to bring that to your notice

I wish to bring to the notice of all nairalanders that there are some imposters posing as Igbos with the sole intent of dividing us and the South South.. I have noticed the schemes of some monickers who hide under the cloak of being Igbos to sabotage the buoyant relationship that exists between the South East and the South south. These monickers are relentlessly trying to bring disunity between Igbos and South south states especially Rivers state.

I do not know the reason for this their malevolent acts but I just want us all to be wary of their machinations and not fall victim of their tricks.

These monickers include Crixx, Kìnematics, KINEMATÌCZ, RIVERS1stson, Portharcourt1stsòn etc

Say No To Divide And Rule

South East and South South Are One
Re: Debunking The Age Long Lies by hollah123: 9:52pm On May 20, 2020
BlueBanana:
I have noticed a very sad development being carried out by some people here and I wish to bring that to your notice

I wish to bring to the notice of all nairalanders that there are some imposters posing as Igbos with the sole intent of dividing us and the South South.. I have noticed the schemes of some monickers who hide under the cloak of being Igbos to sabotage the buoyant relationship that exists between the South East and the South south. These monickers are relentlessly trying to bring disunity between Igbos and South south states especially Rivers state.

I do not know the reason for this their malevolent acts but I just want us all to be wary of their machinations and not fall victim of their tricks.

These monickers include Crixx, Kìnematics, KINEMATÌCZ, RIVERS1stson, Portharcourt1stsòn etc

Say No To Divide And Rule

South East and South South Are One
everyone is beginning to suspect that there's definitely a sinister motive to this attachment by force,there is more to it that meets d eye.

everyday we wake up to threads of how there's nothing like SS,how SS is part of Igbo land n d likes, Nnamdi Kanu even called them idiots for calling themselves SS.
wait first,can't Igbos use their 5 states for Biafra?
must they bring others into their struggle by force?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Age Long Lies by Chimaraymond455: 9:54pm On May 20, 2020
Secret why the yorubas are fighting nnamdi kanu and igbos so hard on social media with propaganda is simple because nnamdi kanu have exposed their divide and rule tactice method, yorubas have occupied all the oil companies in the South South, go to Delta, Rivers, akwaibom, bayelsa, Calabar, I.T.C Yorubas are afraid of losing those positions once South South join Biafra, because of this they know they can't fight the igbos physical but to use social media to frustrate the Biafra ideology, many of them have changed their names to Igbo names on social media just to cause problems among South South/southeast, but we are wise. some of them are now claiming we the South South, some are now the mouthpiece of South South.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts To Shooting At The Presidential Villa / War Between 2 Continents (picture) / FLASHBACK: 12 Things Oshiomhole Said About Obaseki In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.