Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,835 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki (281 Views)

Nigerians Must Prepare For Possible Ebola Outbreak - Toyin Saraki / What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki by petecoolboy: 9:02am On May 21, 2020
I spent every kobo to treat pregnant injured woman in India – Toyin Saraki

Global health champion/ambassador and Founder-President of Wellbeing Foundation Africa, Her Excellency Toyin Saraki, has narrated the story of a pregnant woman who was sent to India for treatment after sustaining spinal injury in a car accident.

Mrs Saraki said the woman identified simply as Fayokemi was WBFA's first beneficiary and that she decided to share her story when she stumbled on a message from the woman.

“I came across a message from the very first @wellbeingafrica beneficiary today, and I must share her story. We need stories of hope, especially now,” she wrote on Twitter on Monday evening.

“Fayokemi had been injured from neck down in a car accident when I found her in intensive care at U of Ilorin teaching hospital. She was 10 weeks pregnant.

“I raised $50K to fly her to India for spinal repair, and I spent every last kobo I had spare, so I could not go with them, but her mother and husband accompanied her. The operation was so tricky and fragile to repair her spine while pregnant.”

The wife of the former Senate President continued: “But she and her son Precious survived. And after months and months of hard physio work, they thrived.”

The boy, according to her, turns 15 this week.

“We don’t always get the privilege of seeing the fruits of our labour: the strong and healthy mothers and children growing up together in loving homes that strengthen our communities,” she added.

“I am so proud of @wellbeingafrica and overjoyed to hear from a healthy, happy Fayokemi today.”

Re: I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki by Lawalemi(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2020
Giving back to the society. It's commendable
Re: I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki by ojun50(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2020
God bless you for saving life
Re: I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki by IceLip: 9:13am On May 21, 2020
Karma, if yo remember
Re: I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki by duro4chang(m): 9:31am On May 21, 2020
Hmmmmm. They even spend kobo in India.
Re: I Spent Every Kobo To Treat Pregnant Injured Woman In India – Toyin Saraki by alizma: 9:43am On May 21, 2020
May God reward you accordingly

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Go For Disinfection Services To Beat COVID-19 On Your Premises / 229 New COVID-19 Cases, 48 Discharged And 7 Deaths On May 25 / See Photos of COVID-19 Patient Declared Wanted In Abia Now In Isolation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.