Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,153 members, 7,900,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 06:27 AM

Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. (1262 Views)

Honest User Advice On Peugeot 307, Manual Or Auto Transmission / Hyundai/kia Auto Electrical Technician Needed / Any Good Oven Bake Auto Body Shop In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 12:52pm On May 21, 2020
I have a friend in his late 30s, who has a job but wanted to use his spare time (Friday & Saturday) to learn something else; also as a side hustling.
He has strong passion for anything auto and I advised him not too long ago to go into Auto Diagnosis and Keys programming and any other aspects of Auto Electrical he could still learn at his age.
He found a nice place and the man welcomed him. He started about two months ago. He was loving it, though he complains of some aspects being so cumbersome...

He informed his engineer older brother in the US last week about his exploits but the brother is now advising him to go for Auto Body Work instead. That if he plans to relocate, he will make more money per hour than anything mechanical and he would not be required to have many certifications..

Now my friend has already informed his New master that he would not be coming again (he gave reasons though). He is now trying to get a place to undergo apprenticeship in Auto Body painting and preparation. He said he would not be leaning panel beating since he has minimal time.

Please, what do you suggest?
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by autologic: 6:51pm On May 21, 2020
Tell him to look beyond money and he shud not use the past workshop that he he been to judge that particular aspect and no aspect of auto doesn't sell in US and all are regulated unlike naija .He should just follow the aspect that he is more comfortable .

1 Like

Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 9:52pm On May 21, 2020
autologic:
Tell him to look beyond money and he shud not use the past workshop that he he been to judge that particular aspect and no aspect of auto doesn't sell in US and all are regulated unlike naija .He should just follow the aspect that he is more comfortable .

Thanks so much for this contribution. He was actually enjoying the former except the electrical aspects and until his bros suggestion. He is yet to find an ideal place for the auto body work but liking the idea (of only auto body preparation and painting) more than the former right now.

Thanks.
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 9:54pm On May 21, 2020
Where are the gurus, your contributions will be invaluable please.
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 2:06pm On May 22, 2020
More contribution, please.
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:42pm On May 22, 2020
Electricals is it.
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 6:55pm On May 22, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Electricals is it.

Thanks. This is where my support lies but really want to get People's opinion before I try to convince him. Meanwhile, did you consider his age?

However, unlike mechanical and general Auto (in which I would have tagged some big Ogas I've learnt so much from here), we seem not to have experts in Auto Body work and Auto Electrical - Professional diagnosticians and keys reprogramming on car talk...
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:07pm On May 22, 2020
lx3as:

Thanks. This is where my support lies but really want to get People's opinion before I try to convince him. Meanwhile, did you consider his age?

However, unlike mechanical and general Auto (in which I would have tagged some big Ogas I've learnt so much from here), we seem not to have experts in Auto Body work and Auto Electrical - Professional diagnosticians and keys reprogramming on car talk...
Yeah experts maybe but can Nigerians pay for those experts? How many Nigerians can afford the western standard of automotive bodywork?
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2020
That's just it. I hope to see more comments and opinions about these.
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2020
Suggestions or opinions are still welcome, please.
Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by Billiebaba(m): 8:37am On May 31, 2020
I don't mean to be rude, but do you have to consider other people's opinions before having money, it's like asking people I want to be rich, but my uncle said is better to be poor.
Just do what you love bro, anything that gives you joy no matter the kind of challenges you face while doing it. I'm an auto technician specialize in troubleshooting of problems in powertrain management and electrical system. If I get a vehicle that has been going from one workshop to another without getting remedy, I'm always happy to repair that kinda of car, because it gives me a special kinda of joy if I'm able to fix it.

4 Likes

Re: Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work. by lx3as(m): 7:18pm On May 31, 2020
Billiebaba:
I don't mean to be rude, but do you have to consider other people's opinions before having money, it's like asking people I want to be rich, but my uncle said is better to be poor.
Just do what you love bro, anything that gives you joy no matter the kind of challenges you face while doing it. I'm an auto technician specialize in troubleshooting of problems in powertrain management and electrical system. If I get a vehicle that has been going from one workshop to another without getting remedy, I'm always happy to repair that kinda of car, because it gives me a special kinda of joy if I'm able to fix it.

Nice one bro. Don't just want to give advice that I would later be blamed for... hence, expert opinion matters considering his age and ambition to relocate abroad. You already said the hard fact.

(1) (Reply)

2006 Passat Fsi 2.0 T Engine Rebuild / Photo: Sedan Vs Hatchback / Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.