Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,119 members, 7,890,717 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

Dinka Tribe Of Sudan: Where Men Adopts Ox-names - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dinka Tribe Of Sudan: Where Men Adopts Ox-names (855 Views)

Ubang, Cross River, Nigerian Village Where Men & Women Speak Different Languages / See The N3ked Tribe Of Cameroon That Share Wives With Friends As Tradition / Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dinka Tribe Of Sudan: Where Men Adopts Ox-names by Asapchikki(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2020
Dinka tribe of Sudan is one of the most popular tribe african known for agriculture and pastoralism, their cultural pride rely on cattle husbandry.

Africa is a continent with diverse tribes and unique cultures, some of which are regarded as beshrew by non-practitioners of such culture.

Dinka tribe of Sudan are known as the Nilotic peoples, all of whom live in the southern Sudan. They are among the largest ethnic groups in the Republic of Sudan.

According to the Nilotic culture when men become adults, they no longer refer to themselves by their birth names. Instead they adopt “ox-names”—derived from characteristics of their favorite cattle, cow or sheep.

Continue reading here https://gistafrika.com/dinka-tribe-of-sudan/
Re: Dinka Tribe Of Sudan: Where Men Adopts Ox-names by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2020
maximus69 I can't access my Mail for now,i have been replying you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Grateful For From The Past Generation? / Has D Water Situation/social-life In Abakaliki Improved? / The Latest Forum In Nigeria (moderators Wanted)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.