Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,499 members, 7,937,439 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Should I Expose Them? - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Expose Them? (55814 Views)

An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income / Is Their Any Processional Course That Can Expose Someone To Social Works.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Expose Them? by omorttee4u(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2020
I think a lot of people must have contributed so far. My take is this : do not keep quiet, I repeat do not keep quiet.

Even, when blowing the whistle, don't let them know, you are about to do so. They will plan against you. Plot a lie to hook you up, by the time the investigation will get to them, they might have already bribe their way out. You just suffer like that. Talking from experience. That was when I was a manager.

When I became an auditor in a company. I discovered something sheddy, never mentioned a word with the worker, I just talked to the MD explained explained everything she was baffled.

The next thing they informed the police, could believe the MD friend still believe I was part of them. So good, the worker didn't dragged me along. just prepare for that and make sure you have evidence.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Jaqenhghar: 7:58pm On May 21, 2020
GamalNasser:
I am here to watch criminal Nigerians advise you to leave them alone .. My friend please find quiet way to report them before they kill the business
You dey mind them. Then they wonder why their country is one big mess. Honesty is only for leaders

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by crackhouse(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2020
Report them. I owned a business and I know what it means when things like this happen. Report them bro.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by tunary(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.
Approach her and explain things to her, report them. life is full of risk, you are doing yourself a big favour bro. for the fact that she's kind to you all means it'll look like a betrayal from ur part if you don't reveal the secret

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

As the CFO your duty is to give financial advise at all time... this is where you step in giving anonymous tips , mail or text your MD and CEO of what is going on, because the fools stealing from the company would cause the company to go under very soon, all of you would be jobless, and they wouldn't have any tangible thing to point at for such reckless fraud... In case of fraud being reported to the police, SCID Alagbon and Iyaganku people don't torture accountants like others, they torture them like they want to kill them, because they know you have access to every information they need on the case.. which ever way you play all scenario you are in big soup if you don't speak up soon

If as a CFO/ Accountant/ Auditor you go for an interview and your new boss or the new panelist ask why you are unemployed or asked you to name your previous employers, only for them to find out the company folded up because of financial mismanagement and fraud, will they hire you.. once they ruin your reputation as a finance man, getting a job would be harder

If i am the one, I will simply design control mechanism that can detect fraud and suggest such system to the MD or the CEO, control mechanism in a system might be simple checks and balances, like ensuring all financial transaction should be done through banks and bank statement should be audited monthly to correspond to sales record, every sales must go straight to the bank without marketers making any deduction, only CEO and MD should have access to authorize every spending in the company, ware house and shops must have 24/7 cctv, and auditing must be done weekly by different top level staffs changed randomly by the CEO, and the CEO must give unannounced surprise visit to all sales outlet and warehouse

Thanks a lot sir
Re: Should I Expose Them? by onyeomanono24(f): 8:00pm On May 21, 2020
If they dont stop blow the damn whistle. That woman dont deserve the loss those guys are incuring on her.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by iyepe(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2020
Please call me on 08095490396

Or send me your no and I will call you to share some info with you
Re: Should I Expose Them? by urchcoded(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business
don't listen to that advice. If you are whatever God fearing you have to report them. But forget the God shit first. On the issue of hurting, if you report them, you hurt them. But they are doing something wrong. So their hurt is the consequence of their deeds. However, if you don't report them you hurt the woman. The woman has done nothing wrong, pays you guys. She's a good woman according to you. So she's the one that shouldn't be hurt here. I'll advise you to either follow them to thief or report them. Don't be at the losing end. Don't be a pussyy

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by hgnbello(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Hmmmm
Like Seriously Man. Find A Way 2 Do Smtin Abt It. If U Want 2 Do Smtin U Cn Do It Secretly But If U Choose To Mind Ya Buissness. Dats Also Good Sha.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Abbeylanre15(m): 8:03pm On May 21, 2020
Nooil:

See what a full-blooded man is saying. This put generation of men eh! Please you people should start wearing a wig, padded breast and bum, let's know what we are doing.

Tell her and let her know the dangers of revealing your identity. Hope you've been gathering evidence?

Sure.... My assistant is also aware of everything. I pray She should back me up.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Dunni007(f): 8:03pm On May 21, 2020
If you're really an Accountant, what is the Accountant Ethics when it comes to issues like this?

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Onlyonebuhari: 8:05pm On May 21, 2020
If you know and you are keeping quiet then you are unjust to yourself and to your boss
Re: Should I Expose Them? by gabychuks(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2020
If all monies are remitted to you as you claimed... It means if any money goes missing and you don't report, you will be termed an accomplice. .in your best interest you look for every means possible to stop your colleagues from this act before it gets you in trouble and if u MUST report them please be cautious because you may shoot yourself on the foot for haven't taken long to report
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Ybaby: 8:06pm On May 21, 2020
Anonymous letter
Re: Should I Expose Them? by segun18(m): 8:08pm On May 21, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:
Reminds me of my experience as an Industrial Training (I T) Student 300 L second semester Engineering student back then in an oil company in Bayelsa state.

After the HR processing, (medical, swimming test etc) for new intakes i was posted to Community Relations Department of the company and met my supervisor and HOD.

Two weeks into my job, my supervisor had to go on a compulsory 2 weeks leave and I was recommended for his temporary replacement given my exemplary leadership disposition. On my first day as the new supervisor in charge of ensuring all the speedboats to and fro the Rig are fueled and issued safety gadgets, I discovered a massive undercover deal between my supervisor, the company's boat drivers and the Beach Master running into several hundreds of thousands if not millions daily.

Bro what did you do? Did you report to the management?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Sure.... My assistant is also aware of everything. I pray She should back me up.

So other than a living witness, you don't have hard evidence? How are you sure they've not bought your assistant?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 21, 2020
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

My mite.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Cantonese: 8:12pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.

If you found yourself in the position of that woman losing money to unscrupulous staff, how will you feel not been informed? What if it is your business? Will you expect the one with the infornation to keep quiet?

Why play the proverbial ostrich because the business is not yours? The worst thing you can do in this circumstance is hypocrisy...watching your company, the owner and few honest staff because of a few irresponsible men and women.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Brightgem(f): 8:12pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
For me minding your business is the best.
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided

I have seen where people put their self in trouble for trying to help others.

in simi's voice: mind your business wether you no like am mind your business.
Which business is he minding. Na wicked person you be, you go employ people wey go run down ur business too. The job is his business, the day madam will park all of them to prison, he'll follow.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Brightgem(f): 8:13pm On May 21, 2020
KingsJohnson:
Lol! Funny World

No wonder Nigeria is still where we are today in the name of minding one's business sad

Op do not listen to people telling you to mind your business; your job is at stake here because of their actions and inaction which failure of you to report to the MD or appropriate authority might bring a lot of regret to you in the future.

So do not allow yourself to be part of their criminal act by the world's opinion of minding your business, speak out today and be free, beside, you owe yourself, MD and company a duty to report such actions.
Word!

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by TheVerdict: 8:13pm On May 21, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

As the CFO your duty is to give financial advise at all time... this is where you step in giving anonymous tips , mail or text your MD and CEO of what is going on, because the fools stealing from the company would cause the company to go under very soon, all of you would be jobless, and they wouldn't have any tangible thing to point at for such reckless fraud... In case of fraud being reported to the police, SCID Alagbon and Iyaganku people don't torture accountants like others, they torture them like they want to kill them, because they know you have access to every information they need on the case.. which ever way you play all scenario you are in big soup if you don't speak up soon

If as a CFO/ Accountant/ Auditor you go for an interview and your new boss or the new panelist ask why you are unemployed or asked you to name your previous employers, only for them to find out the company folded up because of financial mismanagement and fraud, will they hire you.. once they ruin your reputation as a finance man, getting a job would be harder

If i am the one, I will simply design control mechanism that can detect fraud and suggest such system to the MD or the CEO, control mechanism in a system might be simple checks and balances, like ensuring all financial transaction should be done through banks and bank statement should be audited monthly to correspond to sales record, every sales must go straight to the bank without marketers making any deduction, only CEO and MD should have access to authorize every spending in the company, ware house and shops must have 24/7 cctv, and auditing must be done weekly by different top level staffs changed randomly by the CEO, and the CEO must give unannounced surprise visit to all sales outlet and warehouse

People pay for what you just put up there for free. Just saying.

Back to the topic, ask for a meeting with your boss, outside the office if possible. Go with a lawyer if possible, if u cannot, tape the conversation. Some years ago, I was in a financial institution as an intern. The guy who I understudied would in the name of arranging customers' notes for counting dropped some amongst the wrappers on the floor on his side. I was beside him and saw all this. I was new on the job, mind you but I saw it. I didn't say shit to him, I told a colleague who was close to him. She said THEY WERE AWARE but couldn't say anything! I told this colleague I wasn't comfortable understudying him...that prompted action. The Unit head got to know I was the one who found out but didn't know how to say it to her. Here is what they did: set the guy up big time with the Bank's money and added some excess, gave it to a new staff who was resuming on that day. I was called to makes copies so he can have 'freedom'. The guy palmed the excess, the new staff sitting on the customer side didn't know shit. Like, what?!

Eventually the guy was asked to bring out the excess. He denied initially but when Mopol show face, guy gentle and brought out the money. Na so the guy comot o. No one said anything afterwards. The boss didn't say who blew the whistle. In those quarters, it is called integrity test. 1k can end careers.

If your boss wants to tell the whole world, it is her business. Your reputation is at stake, your job is on the line. If you are implicated, ur tape n other evidence(s) or lack of it vindicates you. So many reasons to do the right thing but just assume u own that business, would you want to know? Do the needful. Save yourself, especially as you have warned them but do not say you have warned them o before they say you colluded and because u weren't properly settled, u decided to spill the beans. You have been warned! Ire o.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by xxgig(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
For me minding your business is the best.
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided

I have seen where people put their self in trouble for trying to help others.

in simi's voice: mind your business wether you no like am mind your business.
You are wrong. Soon the company will go bankrupt and she will be jobless.
Let her just get her facts rught . If her boss has any educated and trusted friend let her arrange for a meeting with Friend and expose these acts through her/her
Re: Should I Expose Them? by emonis88: 8:14pm On May 21, 2020
Pls try to find a way to inform her n let know to be discrete about her source of information. U r saving her business n ur job.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Hoephase: 8:14pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

Sorry but you sound like a thief. How does stopping a thief harmful to the victim of theft?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by kurlz(f): 8:15pm On May 21, 2020
Find a job and leave the place ASAP
Then write the MD from where you are with details.
Make sure you gather enough proofs now that you are there because of tomorrow so it doesn't back fire. Don't just accuse them.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by kunletexs: 8:15pm On May 21, 2020
It's people like your colleagues that makes employers of labour hash. You no give them sway to steal, na dem go say you are stingy.

You are very generous, na dem go call you mumu.

Oga, expose them tactically and dam the consequences. Highest, na job loss but you can never know where your ability to stand by the truth can take you too.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Oriafo123: 8:16pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.

He who sees evil and keeps silent is worse than the evil doer
Re: Should I Expose Them? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:17pm On May 21, 2020
slimfit1:

Nigeria is the way it is today because everyone is minding their business. If we speak out when something wrong is going on we would have gone far in this country.
I worked for a company that is almost 200years old, guess what, it is not even a family company anymore. But people who work there know that they must keep the company running, otherwise they will remain jobless and their children too will not benefit from it.
Please, be wise when you make mind your business statement it doesn't help anyone it discourages investors right now we need investors.

Please i am not the only one who commented on this post, why don't you go and mention them and let me be
Re: Should I Expose Them? by farem: 8:17pm On May 21, 2020
If you are in account department, you are duty bound before God and man to let that out of the bag.
Get one of her well exposed and sober friends and confide in. Let them use "from outside attack" to invade everyone, including you.
In the process, you will officially spill the bean. There, you would have saved your nice boss, the company and yourself
Re: Should I Expose Them? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:18pm On May 21, 2020
slimfit1:

Nigeria is the way it is today because everyone is minding their business. If we speak out when something wrong is going on we would have gone far in this country.
I worked for a company that is almost 200years old, guess what, it is not even a family company anymore. But people who work there know that they must keep the company running, otherwise they will remain jobless and their children too will not benefit from it.
Please, be wise when you make mind your business statement it doesn't help anyone it discourages investors right now we need investors.

Pls I wasn't the only one who commented on this post, why don't you go and mention them and let me be
Re: Should I Expose Them? by shoboy9: 8:20pm On May 21, 2020
If you don't, you also a thief.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Ultimategeneral: 8:20pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

Oga which is the greater evil? minding your business and watching the poor woman's business crumble. if there is no job tomorrow,it's people like you that will be shouting that the government is corrupt.
Meanwhile, here is a business that may yet be saved from closing down and you are asking the op to mind his business. Hmmm....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Biography Of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Networth, Wife, Children, Parent(photo) / Beautiful Lady Spotted Assisting Her Aged Father With Vulcanizing Job (photos) / How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.