Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,747 members, 7,930,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:17 PM

A Clarion Call To Pray For Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Clarion Call To Pray For Nigeria (593 Views)

Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? / How To Pray Effectively By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Clarion Call To Pray For Nigeria by uche13: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2011
In this forum, I am very much aware that we disagree more on topics than we agree. The reason for this is not farfetched bearing in mind that we are from different denominational and doctrinal difference is to be expected. However, there is one issue I believe we all agree on and that is the need for this country to move forward. We have complained, argued and said all sorts about our country but the time has come for Christians to take their position as intercessors and stand in the gap for this great country. The bible says in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that if My people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray that He will heal our land. There must be a burden in our heart for this nation to change. There must be an end to Religious violence and bloodshed, there must be an end to unemployment and lack of basic social amenities etc . Your heart must bleed for the victims of all the recent crises in this nation and this burden should lead towards our praying. I’m sure we all expect the best from this year, different pastors have tagged and prophesied this year on the 31st of December, 2009 to be the year of different good things but the bible says in Psalms 122 :6 that we should pray for the peace of  Jerusalem for in her peace lies our prosperity(peace). You can’t prosper in a violent country.  God said in Ezekiel 22: 30 which I quote “So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land…”. Be available to God today. For those in the Diaspora you also need to pray. Remember that Nehemiah was not in Judah when he heard that the walls of Jerusalem were burnt. This did not make him relax but his passion for his country made him to weep, fast and pray for a change going to the extent of putting his own life at risk. Let us rise up and stand in the gap and I believe things will change. Please drop a prayer for Nigeria here.
Re: A Clarion Call To Pray For Nigeria by simplymee: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
I trully agree with you and i believe our dear nation will fair well in the midst of the seemingly negative times via our prayers. ITS TIME TO PRAY CONTINUOUSLY.

(1) (Reply)

Quotes / Finally, Tithe Revealed! The Manipulation In Video. Pls Everyone Enter Here! / Biblical Answer To The Islamic Ads Calling “jesus A Prophet Of Islam”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.