Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,796 members, 7,921,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:26 PM

Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses (450 Views)

Gunmen Storm Anambra Community, Destroy Vehicles (Photos) / Woman Butchered By Unknown Persons In Abuja, Baby Kidnapped (Graphic) / Lady Rescued Near A Bush After Being ''Dumped'' By Unknown Persons. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by TonyRazor(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
TonyRazor
Unknown persons attack Chimamanda Adichie's community, destroy houses

Unknown persons on Thursday attacked Abba community in the Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State.

This came barely 48 hours after an Anambra High Court ruled against a motion brought before it by the community in a land case between it and its neighbour, Ukpo in the Dunkofia Local Government Area of the state.

A famous writer, Chimamanda Adichie who hails from Abba had several times accused an oil magnate in Ukpo of masterminding the usurpation of her people's land

On Thursday, the Abba people woke up to see some bulldozers believed to be from Ukpo, demolishing some structures in the community, including the house of a business mogul in the area, Chief Goddy Nweke.
The development heightened tension in the area as the people tried to confront those demolishing the property.

But a community leader in Abba, Alex Maduka told journalists that elders in the community had to prevail on the restive youths to remain calm.

He claimed that the bulldozers were guarded by some policemen during the demotion.

He said Abba main market and parts of Abba Secondary School were torched

He said the demolitions had brought so much anxiety among the people.

He wondered why security operatives and the state government had not taken a decisive action to end the crisis between Abba and Ukpo, which had lingered for about 50 years.

He said: “We persuaded our people who came out yesterday not to retaliate because the police are not on our side, as any action we take might result in human casualties.

“In as much as we do not want to engage Ukpo people in physical confrontation, we will continue to engage them in court until we get justice".

When contacted on the telephone ,, the Commissioner of Police in the state, John Abang, said " What I know is that Ukpo has a court judgement against Abba and I feel that was what they were enforcing in what you see as demolition

Re: Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by BananaPeel(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
TonyRazor:
TonyRazor
Unknown persons attack Chimamanda Adichie's community, destroy houses

Unknown persons on Thursday attacked Abba community in the Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State.

This came barely 48 hours after an Anambra High Court ruled against a motion brought before it by the community in a land case between it and its neighbour, Ukpo in the Dunkofia Local Government Area of the state.

A famous writer, Chimamanda Adichie who hails from Abba had several times accused an oil magnate in Ukpo of masterminding the usurpation of her people's land

On Thursday, the Abba people woke up to see some bulldozers believed to be from Ukpo, demolishing some structures in the community, including the house of a business mogul in the area, Chief Goddy Nweke.
The development heightened tension in the area as the people tried to confront those demolishing the property.

But a community leader in Abba, Alex Maduka told journalists that elders in the community had to prevail on the restive youths to remain calm.

He claimed that the bulldozers were guarded by some policemen during the demotion.

He said Abba main market and parts of Abba Secondary School were torched

He said the demolitions had brought so much anxiety among the people.

He wondered why security operatives and the state government had not taken a decisive action to end the crisis between Abba and Ukpo, which had lingered for about 50 years.

He said: “We persuaded our people who came out yesterday not to retaliate because the police are not on our side, as any action we take might result in human casualties.

“In as much as we do not want to engage Ukpo people in physical confrontation, we will continue to engage them in court until we get justice".

When contacted on the telephone ,, the Commissioner of Police in the state, John Abang, said " What I know is that Ukpo has a court judgement against Abba and I feel that was what they were enforcing in what you see as demolition
Hmmmmm
Re: Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by Chrisdre: 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
Hmm
Re: Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by Golan007: 6:51pm On May 21, 2020
Chai Biafra.

Re: Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by Akunwafor(m): 6:57pm On May 21, 2020
I am currently in Ifitedunu, I stroll to Abba main market to buy stuff daily and I haven't heard of any fracas as such.

Or is this propaganda? If it is, sorry to spoil the show.

Modified: I just confirmed that it was not Abba secondary school or market that was demolished.

Mr Arthur Eze sent men to demolish the fence of a fellow billionaire ergo Chief Goddy Nweke of Best Aluminum Nig Ltd.

They say when elephants fight, the grass feels the pain.

Arthur Eze is a very troublesome and greedy man.

Chief Goddy's property has stood there for years even before I was born, so why is Arthur looking for his trouble?

Well let's see how it goes.

TonyRazor:

And as regards the court judgement, everyone from Abba to Ukpo to Ifitedunu to Abagana knows Abba won the court case against Arthur Eze (Ukpo).

He was cannibalizing land that wasn't his. Said land is at Amabo which is a village in Abba. Imagine you wake up one morning and you see a man from the town across bulldozing land that doesn't form a border with his own town.

I can tell you for a fact that Abba won that court case. What is on ground is that Ukpo is appealing.
Re: Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 21, 2020
Her house or her community, I don't understand
Re: Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by Righteousness89(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2020
Mr. Arthur Eze should Thread carefully! Nobody will carry land to the other side...

You cannot sleep in more than one house..

Respect yourself and let peace Reign..

1 Like

Re: Unknown Persons Attack Chimamanda Adichie's Community, Destroy Houses by Samfloxin(m): 11:41pm On May 21, 2020
Arthur Eze is probably being pushed by his people

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

17 Year Old Wife Killed Her Husband For Trying To Have Sex With Her. PHOTOS / Okada Riders From Borno State Protesting Ban In Lekki Beat Guards To A Pulp / Court Frees Girl Who Killed Father’s Friend Over Attempted Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.