Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:37 PM

Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise (2162 Views)

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI / Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2020
After struggling and hustling to get a job all to no avail, a friend assisted me with 300k to start anything but what came to my mind first is transport.

I have survey on how to help these market women and men convey their goods to their various places and I discovered is more convenient with the service fee, so I asked my uncle, my mom's immediate bro who is a mechanics since 16yrs ago. He said he had one Nissan 1.6 that's owned by one late woman and the thing is in his shop, he said they want to sell it 250,000 but is negotiable. He said the car is faultless

Please is it advisable I go for the Nissan 1.6 as golf was what I've in mind. Please advise me

Cc: Lalasticlala Marpol MYND44 Seun please help me move this to front-page to get advise before I push forward
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by SHABZ: 9:07pm On May 21, 2020
7pages:
After struggling and hustling to get a job all to no avail, a friend assisted me with 300k to start anything but what came to my mind first is transport.

I have survey on how to help these market women and men convey their goods to their various places and I discovered is more convenient with the service fee, so I asked my uncle, my mom's immediate bro who is a mechanics since 16yrs ago. He said he had one Nissan 1.6 that's owned by one late woman and the thing is in his shop, he said they want to sell it 250,000 but is negotiable. He said the car is faultless

Please is it advisable I go for the Nissan 1.6 as golf was what I've in mind. Please advise me

Cc: Lalasticlala Marpol MYND44 Seun please help me move this to front-page to get advise before I push forward

Nissan vehicles are known to have problematic transmissions. I would advice you avoid it

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2020
SHABZ:

Nissan vehicles are known to have problematic transmissions. I would advice you avoid it

Is golf OK and which type of golf sir?
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by dhejykeane: 9:16pm On May 21, 2020
what model and year of nissan. is it manual or auto?
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 9:19pm On May 21, 2020
dhejykeane:
what model and year of nissan. is it manual or auto?

He said manual, he made mentioned of 1.6 and 2.8 but he said he had 1.6 at his workshop. I don't know which model is that 1.6
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by dhejykeane: 9:28pm On May 21, 2020
Go with a competent mechanic to inspect before paying whichever you settle for
The golf 3 is very good and strong, but a nissan primera/almera 90's series is also not bad. Just ensure you avoid buying a car with a rebuilt or smoking engine
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2020
dhejykeane:
Go with a competent mechanic to inspect before paying whichever you settle for
The golf is very good and strong, but a nissan primera/almera 90's series is also not bad. Just ensure you avoid buying a car with a rebuilt or smoking engine

He said this one had a smoke but he will put ring to curtail the smoking. How save is it bro? Or which golf do you think would be suitable for the transport
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by dhejykeane: 9:33pm On May 21, 2020
7pages:

He said this one had a smoke but he will put ring to curtail the smoking. How save is it bro?

RUN

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2020
dhejykeane:

RUN

Thanks bro. Which of the golf do you think would be suitable?
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by dhejykeane: 9:35pm On May 21, 2020
Golf 3 only, avoid Golf 4 please
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 9:58pm On May 21, 2020
dhejykeane:
Golf 3 only, avoid Golf 4 please

Is Golf 3 auto or manual? Sorry for much question bro
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by dhejykeane: 10:16pm On May 21, 2020
7pages:

Is Golf 3 auto or manual? Sorry for much question bro

Comes in both, but for that type of transport business you intend to do and amount available manual is better

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 10:26pm On May 21, 2020
dhejykeane:

Comes in both, but for that type of transport business you intend to do and amount available manual is better

Thanks Bro.....
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by dhejykeane: 9:49am On May 22, 2020
No p bro, but it is very important to go with a trustworthy mechanic when you decide to buy a car to avoid stories that touch
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2020
dhejykeane:
No p bro, but it is very important to go with a trustworthy mechanic when you decide to buy a car to avoid stories that touch

The person I told that want to sell his is a trusted blood brother but since you said I should avoid a smoking engine car.

below is the pics of the car he said he has in his workshop

He said he never told me the engine smokes, he said the car only need service which he will do before giving it out

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2020
See more

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2020
First body, follow come chair
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by buygala(m): 1:00pm On May 22, 2020
7pages:

Hope it's not stress from the car that killed the former owner?

Don't let the tin that killed Sherifat kill you Bro

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 1:36pm On May 22, 2020
buygala:

Hope it's not stress from the car that killed the former owner?

Don't let the tin that killed Sherifat kill you Bro

No she had cancer and that wasn't her only car
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by dhejykeane: 2:58pm On May 22, 2020
7pages:

The person I told that want to sell his is a trusted blood brother but since you said I should avoid a smoking engine car.

He said he never told me the engine smokes, he said the car only need service which he will do before giving it out

Its a nissan primera, if the engine is still in good shape its not a bad car at all. But be aware that car was converted from the way the wiper is positioned and converted cars come with its own special type of problems because its not done well most times.

Poster below me has said it all

Wish you luck
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by urose93(f): 3:26pm On May 22, 2020
First, I will advice not to buy from your 'trusted' uncle. No pun intended. My opinion though is based on a sad experience. Relationship doesn't go well with business.
Secondly, get to work and search for gulf 3, nissan sunny, almera, primera, mazda 323 all of 90's model. Get a mechanic, preferably a friend to assess it before payment. Remember, you are your most trusted mechanic. Shine your eyes well.
Thirdly, don't be in hurry.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by TPound(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2020
7pages:

He said manual, he made mentioned of 1.6 and 2.8 but he said he had 1.6 at his workshop. I don't know which model is that 1.6

Its the engine size he's talking about... Not the vehicle size

Modified...

That car is converted!!!
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by nurey(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2020
7pages:

If you are serious about that transportation business you should be aiming at buying Korope (Suzuki every) or a wagon not that Nissan hatchback.

so look for primera wagon, Kia Rio wagon 2005 below, Mazda etc

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by diportivo: 8:13pm On May 22, 2020
nurey:

If you are serious about that transportation business you should be aiming at buying Korope (Suzuki every) or a wagon not that Nissan hatchback.

he has 300k cry

op,ur money nor reach o
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by nurey(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2020
diportivo:

he has 300k cry

op,ur money nor reach o

300k doesn't matter he would get a working unit of Suzuki 1.3 or daihatsu equivalent for far less if he knows where to look.
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 12:15am On May 23, 2020
nurey:

Is golf OK?
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 12:16am On May 23, 2020
TPound:

Modified...

That car is converted!!!

Thanks for that insight bro. I've zero my mind already
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 12:17am On May 23, 2020
urose93:
First, I will advice not to buy from your 'trusted' uncle. No pun intended. My opinion though is based on a sad experience. Relationship doesn't go well with business.
Secondly, get to work and search for gulf 3, nissan sunny, almera, primera, mazda 323 all of 90's model. Get a mechanic, preferably a friend to assess it before payment. Remember, you are your most trusted mechanic. Shine your eyes well.
Thirdly, don't be in hurry.

Good luck

Thanks for your advise, I'll take note. I'm looking at golf 3, I've zero my mind from the posted car
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 12:20am On May 23, 2020
TPound:

Modified...

That car is converted!!!

I appreciate your responses since. Golf 3? Should I add to that 300k to get a good one or what's the amount you think I should have to get fairly used one

I'm getting it from a private user though
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by TPound(m): 2:41am On May 23, 2020
7pages:

I appreciate your responses since. Golf 3? Should I add to that 300k to get a good one or what's the amount you think I should have to get fairly used one

I'm getting it from a private user though

500-550 should get you a sound golf3 wagon
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by 7pages(m): 6:26am On May 23, 2020
TPound:

500-550 should get you a sound golf3 wagon

Fairly Nigeria used?
Re: Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise by TPound(m): 7:39am On May 23, 2020
7pages:

Fairly Nigeria used?

Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. / Driving: How To Survive The Different Weather Conditions / My Peugeot 206 Constantly Cuts Fan Belt And Mechanics Have Turned Me To An Atm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.