Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,127 members, 7,880,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:05 PM

Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets (81978 Views)

Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) / Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters Wins Miss Universe 2017 (Miss South Africa) / Contestants Photos From Miss Ambassador For Peace Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by dazzlingd(m): 9:53am On May 22, 2020
grandstar:

If you know the history of South Africa, you'd know how sickening what she did was.

In Apartheid South Africa, there were up to 13 passes for blacks.

A black man needed a pass to get to his place of work. He needed a pass from his Oga to leave his place of work. He was not allowed to move to the city with his family. He must leave them in the village.

A white will have his dog sit in front with him in his pickup while his black farm hand will be in the open back boot.

In the UK, it was noticed white south African students were developing allergies on their hands. It was only unique to the South Africans. Why? It was later discovered that they had never touched detergents in their lives. They had black female servants doing all the work in the house!

Very informative.
Thank u

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by naturefellow(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2020
I forgave her for the first tweet, which is hilariously racist but a fact still. But for subsequent tweets, found her guilty as charged!

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Jarus(m): 9:59am On May 22, 2020
The internet never forgets.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:00am On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/ewn.co.za/v/s/ewn.co.za/2020/05/20/bianca-schoombee-withdraws-miss-sa-entry-agency-asks-public-to-forgive-her/amp%3famp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%253D#ampf=

Internet never forgets. This is why people need to becareful
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Atikulated: 10:02am On May 22, 2020
It doesn't matter how it's written or pronounced - it is the N word!
TMKsouth:
Is there a difference between Nigga and Nigger? Coz Nigga is common among the youth.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by lolly2pops: 10:05am On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is it really offensive in SA or people just love drama? The word doesn't even have a history in South Africa

It really is offensive for one who is not of the black race when they try to be cool by throwing around words which were used by their own during the persecution of the African child. I still get annoyed when a racist remark is made with the 'N' word in it because I have become aware of it's connotation even though I am a South African. As for us people of African origin, we can call each other 'N' and be cool about it. THERE IS NO BEEF AMONGST US.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Dearlord(m): 10:05am On May 22, 2020
The gospel truth is that her past action has amalgamated her present
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Sterope(f): 10:06am On May 22, 2020
Her tweets aren't that bad and she was young.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by lucky4west: 10:07am On May 22, 2020
good riddance to a racist!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by OdogwuAkataka1(m): 10:07am On May 22, 2020
Fulkup no dey roty
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Sterope(f): 10:08am On May 22, 2020
She was young.

The second one, it is a tweet that should have remained a thought. The third one, it was used as an expression. Yes, there term is derogatory but the context is not.
naturefellow:
I forgave her for the first tweet, which is hilariously racist but a fact still. But for subsequent tweets, found her guilty as charged!
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Martinez39s(m): 10:08am On May 22, 2020
Blackmoran:
I don't see any thing bad in are tweet, am getting worried how this generation is so sensitive to expression, you can no more be honest because you are afraid not to hurt someone. Then we lie to each other when in close door what comes from our mouth is so hypocritical...
As in. People have gotten so sensitive, and emotional incontinence is on the rise. No wonder we have weak men who are too emotional (even at the expense of logic) more than ever. A lot of people are now in situations where they can't say innocuous things without worrying about who is offended. Some have lost jobs and good opportunities because certain overly sensitive people didn't like what they said or did offline/online. It's sickening.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Sterope(f): 10:08am On May 22, 2020
What did she do that is sickening? I don't think we read the same tweets.
grandstar:

If you know the history of South Africa, you'd know how sickening what she did was.

In Apartheid South Africa, there were up to 13 passes for blacks.

A black man needed a pass to get to his place of work. He needed a pass from his Oga to leave his place of work. He was not allowed to move to the city with his family. He must leave them in the village.

A white will have his dog sit in front with him in his pickup while his black farm hand will be in the open back boot.

In the UK, it was noticed white south African students were developing allergies on their hands. It was only unique to the South Africans. Why? It was later discovered that they had never touched detergents in their lives. They had black female servants doing all the work in the house!
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by SaturnNick(m): 10:09am On May 22, 2020
joshboo:
Classic case... [i]the internet never forgets, na why i pity all this smallies dancing nude on ig live
#Fact
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Sterope(f): 10:10am On May 22, 2020
Lmao..that is because it is true and a fact. I don't think it was meant as a jab.
DanseMacabre:

Yeah, so how do you explain the 'he so black they had to make the background white' post
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by lolly2pops: 10:10am On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Dude you're right, there's no weight to the word around here. The K-word would have been explosive.

I'm not supporting her, but the nigga microwave post can be interpreted either way. It comes across as a very funny joke to me, if I got it right.

It really is offensive for one who is not of the black race when they try to be cool by throwing around words which were used by their own during the persecution of the African child. I still get annoyed when a racist remark is made with the 'N' word in it because I have become aware of it's connotation even though I am a South African. As for us people of African origin, we can call each other 'N' and be cool about it. THERE IS NO BEEF AMONGST US.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:12am On May 22, 2020
Seun your spam bots banned me for no reason. You really need to debug nairaland. Chai make we no lie those jokes she put up there na normal thing who fit lie here say him no insult person say him black. I am dark so it was a normal thing people are just opening their wide useless mouths because she is white.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Vulcan24(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2020
if it was an opinion she has nothing to be ashamed of

but these are racial abuse and derogatory statements AT A GROUP.

I don't pity you dear. I blame your background that gave you that orientation

I am sure she's not repentant, the haunts only frustrated her goals and made her sober.

if you know southy well, you will know she's still a bigot at heart
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:14am On May 22, 2020
lolly2pops:

Rubbish. If you are called nigga by a black man then you must accept being called nigga by a white man. I personally hate the word so white or black you can't call me that.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:16am On May 22, 2020
omoiyamayor:
no white folk is allowed to call any black person a nigga,its a racist and offensive comment,the word was brewed out of filth and hatred for African descents.
I bet you call people nigga too.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Martinez39s(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2020
Someone7:
SMH. Some Africans are among the worst racists out there
True. The sad thing is that some people believe black people can't be racist. grin
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Brunicekid(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2020
joshboo:
Classic case... [i]the internet never forgets, na why i pity all this smallies dancing nude on ig live
EXACTLY!!! Internet is an ever relevant repository!!!
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Vulcan24(m): 10:20am On May 22, 2020
Miss, for you to have that opinion at 14/15 means you are an habitual unrepentant bully and a f**kn racist.

a little power and prowess you will pour shit on blacks publicly
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nitric(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2020
Serves her right!
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by enemyofprogress: 10:22am On May 22, 2020
Nickymezor:
Get sense for once oga
na now you come dey answer me after you don come. Your moaning na him wake me up o grin grin
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Martinez39s(m): 10:24am On May 22, 2020
Ausrichie:

Rubbish. If you are called nigga by a black man then you must accept being called nigga by a white man. I personally hate the word so white or black you can't call me that.
GBAM! The ludicrous double standard of blacks being able use "nigga" while whites can't is racist in itself: the whites' freedom of speech to use the word "nigga/nigger" as term of endearment (as black people use it) is suppressed on the basis of their skin colour. It's even more pathetic that some believe black people can't be racist.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by KayCee92(m): 10:25am On May 22, 2020
joshboo:

That is where it ends for most of them na. The internet never forgets is for those that go on to achieve something tangible later in life. Most of the people going nude will likely end there so U see them throw caution to the wind and "nude on" grin grin
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:28am On May 22, 2020
Martinez39s:
True. The sad thing is that some people believe black people can't be racist. grin

I've seen a Nigerian woman call another African woman "black monkey". Even the whites around were shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by grandstar(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2020
Sterope:
What did she do that is sickening? I don't think we read the same tweets.

It may not sound sickening to you but for anyone who understood what apartheid was and experienced it, it takes on a whole new meaning.

When I was in Unilag in the early 90s, there were black South African students. These guys looked wretched and they drank a lot. Nigerian students looked down on them.

They showed traits common to long oppressed and disillusioned people.

My nephew who is half Turkish and schools in England was called the N word by a white South African boy. Where do you think he learnt it from?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:30am On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:
Is there a difference between Nigga and Nigger? Coz Nigga is common among the youth.
it all same meaning. Don't ask me the meaning, check ur dictionary or Google search engine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) / Lady Bullied For Wearing This Short Dress To A Wedding / See What This Lady Wore To The Bank That Sparked Outrage (pic, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.