Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,705 members, 7,945,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

The Truth About Covid-19 In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Truth About Covid-19 In Nigeria (426 Views)

NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos / The Disgusting Truth About Your Toothbrush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Covid-19 In Nigeria by Yaronorthside: 11:08am On May 22, 2020
There is nothing normal about what's going on now,we all wanna go out and have a good time with our families,we all wanna go our for eid ,some people just want to go out for a breathe of fresh air because it's becoming a tad bit claustrophobic. But before you step out think of the plight of health workers putting their lives on the line , imagine for a moment getting sick and going to the hospital knowing that the doctors cannot guarantee your recovery. This might just be the reality if you take that step.These are trying times but staying indoors might just be the hard pill that we literally have to swallow to make sure this plague goes away. Trust me it's not gonna be easy , I know it's hard but this is the only thing that we can do to make sure things go back to normal.
You really don't need to pay attention to the deluge of conspiracy theories going around on the internet. And if you feel that this is a bogus plot by the government to embezzle funds think again,we have seen the trend in other countries some are increasing at the same pace , others slower so there's nothing distinctively different about what's going on in Nigeria. Even though the government is known to be fraudulent or you distrust the system doesn't mean these statistics are false. It's could still be true that the stats are false ,but even if it's all a fallacy we still know that the virus is in Nigeria. We also cannot go out or get on with our normal lives. Above all it wouldn't change anything. So there actually no need to be skeptical about the whole thing. And remember in a time of unease facts unite. So don't cause confusion with your sentiments.
Another thing worth noting is that it less likely that there gonna be a vaccine any time soon because if there anything we've learnt from ebola is that Africa is not as scientifically advanced as needs to be to be able to develop a vaccine or a drug for the virus. This might mean that we would have to wait for the western world to come up with a vaccine,test it ,mass produce it , distribute it for its people before it comes to us and trust me that is gonna take a long time. So now the only vaccine available is the keys to your apartment so you can stay in until the whole thing is over. If the pandemic goes beyond this in a third world country like ours,it would overwhelm the health care system, we've all seen what happened in countries like Italy, Spain and the United States. And remember a day would come when we will look back at all this and remember the virus that once upon a time brought everything to a standstill and breathe a sigh of relief because it's gone. I believe this because I know that everything that has a beginning would also have an ending but we just hope it would come anytime sooner. Stay safe

(1) (Reply)

10 Biggest Things That Damage Brain / Benue Health Workers To Commence Indefinite Strike, Give Reasons / Free Training On High Blood Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.