Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) (5335 Views)

Car ADS I Saw On Jiji. Look At The Price And Location / Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI / Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2020
While scrolling and searching for a Corolla, I saw this shocking pictures of an auction Corolla that was brought into the country.

From my observations I feel the importer didn't have enough funds to fix it up.

Why did i post this?

Read on......

This is how so many Accidented Vehicles come into Nigeria via Apapa, Tican and co. If them give this one to ladipo boys them fit turn am to brand new.  grin

This had a major damage but can be fixed, but there are more that's worse than this trust me. The problem I have with most of these auction cars is because they are prone to be accidented, badly driven without damage, flooded or even stolen.

A lot of cars that you see on Nigeria Car stands and Online usually come in like this. The problem is not that most of them can't be fixed, it's just that some of them are badly damaged and tend to show problems later, especially flooded cars!!!

The best way to avoid this is to know the history of the car, you can do this by running a ViNcheck on it.

Ensure you do the needful when buying any car, Nigerian used or Tokunbo.

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Jayson504(m): 9:58pm On May 22, 2020
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2020
Car talk what do we think
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by DECOtech(m): 11:31am On May 24, 2020
promotervickky:

A lot of cars that you see on Nigeria Car stands and Online usually come in like this. The problem is not that most of them can't be fixed, it's just that some of them are badly damaged and tend to show problems later, especially flooded cars!!!

Lol! ...no be today nah. Its been an age long practice. Some dealers are honest enough to tell a buyer that its a salvage title.

promotervickky:
The best way to avoid this is to know the history of the car, you can do this by running a ViNcheck on it

This I agree with.

3 Likes

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2020
DECOtech:

Lol! ...no be today nah. Its been an age long practice. Some dealers are honest enough to tell a buyer that its a salvage title.

This I agree with.

Yh, it's best to be honest
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by sheu01: 6:39pm On May 24, 2020
Not all cars at stand are accidental but we still have non accidental car. Thou I'm not a dealer, if a dealer call 2006 or 2007 Toyota corolla 2.4 - 2.5M non accidental, pple will call him or her diff names but dealer believed our pple love cheap things, that's y they brought accidental car. I saw a dealer that called 2006 Toyota corolla for me 1.95M last price but d car is clean. Wen I checked d history, d mileage of d car was 297K miles but car has been roll back to 98k miles and secondly d car is a flooded car from Texas and many pple we see it as clean title. In conclusion always check d car history b4 u purchase wheda tokunbo or Naija Used. I rest my case.

5 Likes

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2020
sheu01:
Not all cars at stand are accidental but we still have non accidental car. Thou I'm not a dealer, if a dealer call 2006 or 2007 Toyota corolla 2.4 - 2.5M non accidental, pple will call him or her diff names but dealer believed our pple love cheap things, that's y they brought accidental car. I saw a dealer that called 2006 Toyota corolla for me 1.95M last price but d car is clean. Wen I checked d history, d mileage of d car was 297K miles but car has been roll back to 98k miles and secondly d car is a flooded car from Texas and many pple we see it as clean title. In conclusion always check d car history b4 u purchase wheda tokunbo or Naija Used. I rest my case.

You have spoken well!!!

Ensure to check your VIN!
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Kizmilz(m): 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
sheu01:

Pls how do you check car history?
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
Kizmilz:

Pls how do you check car history?

By running a ViNcheck with the 17-digits(chassis No)

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2020
promotervickky:
While scrolling and searching for a Corolla, I saw this shocking pictures of an auction Corolla that was brought into the country.

From my observations I feel the importer didn't have enough funds to fix it up.

Why did i post this?

Read on......

This is how so many Accidented Vehicles come into Nigeria via Apapa, Tican and co. If them give this one to ladipo boys them fit turn am to brand new.  grin

This had a major damage but can be fixed, but there are more that's worse than this trust me. The problem I have with most of these auction cars is because they are prone to be accidented, badly driven without damage, flooded or even stolen.

The best way to avoid this is to know the history of the car, you can do this by running a ViNcheck on it.

Ensure you do the needful when buying any car, Nigerian used or Tokunbo.
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by duality(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
@op Link me to the seller, I want to buy the car
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
duality:
@op Link me to the seller, I want to buy the car

The car has been reconstructed since grin and sold
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by duality(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
promotervickky:

The car has been reconstructed since grin and sold

Oooops.

I wan buy one rearrange am myself
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by fineboynl(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
sheu01:
Nigeria use cars don't have history. except the home country history
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by sheu01: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
fineboynl:
Nigeria use cars don't have history. except the home country history

You check history of the vehicle b4 reaching Naija wheda naija used or foreign used. if the owner bought junk vehicle from abroad and the vehicle has been repaired here, owner used it 5 year on naija soil, u check the condition of d car b4 coming to naija b4 u purchase such a vehicle as naija used. thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
promotervickky:
Car talk what do we think
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by blinking001(m): 8:39am On Feb 09, 2021
sheu01:

You check history of the vehicle b4 reaching Naija wheda naija used or foreign used. if the owner bought junk vehicle from abroad and the vehicle has been repaired here, owner used it 5 year on naija soil, u check the condition of d car b4 coming to naija b4 u purchase such a vehicle as naija used. thank u
Gbamsolutely
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2021
This is not too bad, the good thing is the damage is on the rear side so engine and transmission will be okay. Also it's not going to be an expensive fix but needs the work of an extremely good panelbeater. Abi what do I know sha?
Also can be a Nigeria accidented car and not foreign so you can't be so sure.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2008/2009 Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Ogbomosho / Possible Causes Of Car Brain Box Failure? / My New Horse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.