Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,064 members, 7,949,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win (11844 Views)

EFCC Petitioned Over Jonathan Illegal N67.2billion Withdrawal From CBN-sahara / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by naijaking1: 4:28am On Jan 18, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Instead of posting utter rubbish, you would have been better off supporting people who were peacefully protesting their disenfranchisement at the hands of PDP. Their [size=18pt]peaceful[/size] protests turned into riots in certain areas as a result of the failure of the authorities to keep the crowd under control and unnecessary provocation.

If more Nigerians protest such disenfranchisement instead of simply rolling over for more, the country will be better off. olodo

Your definition of peaceful is so shocking angry
When was the last time almajiris held any peaceful demonstration in northern Nigeria?
In Kano? Bauchi, or Jos x2
Please don't start this new year with such a bold face lie.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nsiman(m): 5:59am On Jan 18, 2011
Wonders dey naija, so if they want to rule forever i beg dem make them go their way ooo.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by KaluAkanu: 6:01am On Jan 18, 2011
Let them have their own nation. That is the only way peace will reign. Split this nation, so we can all go on with our lives.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nsiman(m): 6:04am On Jan 18, 2011
Wonders dey naija, so if they want to rule forever i beg dem make them go their way ooo.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by nduchucks: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2011
naijaking1:

Your definition of peaceful is so shocking angry
When was the last time almajiris held any peaceful demonstration in northern Nigeria?
In Kano? Bauchi, or Jos x2
Please don't start this new year with such a bold face lie.

naijaking1, you of all people should know that there is a difference between religious riots and the protests in question. Most of the participants are youths including many college graduates, but you choose to refer to them as almajiris. That characterisation is unfortunate, unnecessarily inflamatory, and outright wrong. May Okwute Palestinians piafuka gi XYZ, where it will be painful.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Goldmind1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
Foolish Almajaris. They would have checked if Atiku's children were involved in that riot or were they busy watching CNN and cartoon network at home.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Kcswat22: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
The best option is to divide this useless country let d north has its own president,the west n the east. Rem the US is trainin many igbos in there army for 2015 in case if d 2015 referandum failed. Lets divide this useless country they the north can vote whom they like. Simple
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 19, 2011
whats with the protests? I see it as a sign of shallow mindedness. GEJ is not the only candidate. If the North feels like having their own, then their vote shuold do the speaking. They hav three candidates in diff political parties giving them choice in terms of Buhari,Shekarau or Ribadu presidency. So whats all the noise n violence for? They have their voting capacity n number, so thet can pick any of the other candidates. It must not be Atiku or PDP.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by rasputinn(m): 8:13am On Jan 19, 2011
[size=18pt]I hate it when the imperialist western press always find it convenient to go muslim north and christian south anytime there's a little skirmish in Nigeria especially in the north.They seem to always want to give religious/ethnic colouration to all issues.I'm sure they slept through the PDP primaries or did not see clips of it on TV,GEJ's victory cut across the geo-political regions of Nigeria,he is the PDP national(not regional) consensus candidate.

About the skirmishes,it's normal,it's to be expected.Worse skirmishes have been reported during the states congresses of ALL the major political parties,I wonder why the dubious AFP didn't go to town with their mischievous stories.

Well,I'll regard their stories with the same level seriousness as I'd regard Pastor Okotie's presidential ambition
[/size]
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by 2makesense: 8:14am On Jan 19, 2011
why can't some people grow up & face reality grin , politics in Nigeria is taking a new dimension beyond religious-ethnic sentiment, its so unfortunate angry,, to a large extend i guess the high level of illiteracy is telling on this rioters
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by 1025: 8:18am On Jan 19, 2011
As much as I hate PDP including Atiku, IBB, and Jonathan, the North should not think they have the birthright over Nigeria's leadership. I recall how Atiku caused major mayhem in 2007 that led to the loss of many lives when he contested under ACN against his boss, OBJ. Now the desperate politician is at it again.

@asamuel,
i am an igbo but let the truth be told. 2011 according to obj's initial calender belongs to the north. if yar adua did not die, who will tell him not to finish his 2 nd tenure? atiku did not contest 2007 with obasanjo for ur information. this morning, mend threatens to blast another bomb on our oil sites and they are not northerners. this morning we hear that our senate is spending N240m in sweeping the assembly house yearly and over N400m in fuel for their official generators and they are not northerners. the truth is that obj has created a lot of problems in this country which will lead to this country becoming ungovernable any moment from now.
those of us rejoicing over jonathan's election today will still come back in future to discuss the northern dominance in future now that zooning is dead. nwodo is no more the pdp chairman and a northerner is so giving them everything just to make them happy now will come back to hunt us in future.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by favinvest: 8:44am On Jan 19, 2011
Gud GEJ won; not because he is the incumbent but the change in northern leadership cycle;

There is a thing most Nigerians dont understand abt the north; d north is experiencing an un-announced change in power cycle. there are those who felt that the likes of d Atikus,Yarduas,IBBs,Chiromas etc have dorminated northern politics enough.

They feel these persons have made too much money themselves, family & close associate. So they are planning to un-seat these guys; and the current political stage has given them the much awaited opportunity.

Do u think GEJ won because of southern Nigeria, NO, he won because of these new north power-holders; just watch out.
They and their team will soon take over those old powerful northern politics.

They are the younger generation of northern power brokers.

JUST WATCH 4 THEM
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Onlytruth(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2011
Posted by: Kalu Akanu

Let them have their own nation. [/b]That is the only way peace will reign. Split this nation, so we can all go on with our lives.

They ain't going nowhere!

[size=14pt][b]Sai wan Naijeria!
[/size] cool
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Cyborg2011: 9:04am On Jan 19, 2011
frosbel:

Bul.lshit, and blo.ody hypoctrite everywhere on NL, now who is more DANGEROUS HERE BASED ON COMPARISON:

Bloo.dy troube makers, if not stealing, stealing, if not stealing oil you find them scamming and stealing oyinbo's credit cards.

They are terrorizing the nation, BLOO.DY TERRORIST !

Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by berth(m): 9:06am On Jan 19, 2011
Dey r jus bunches of retarded almajiris, dey r better go hug transformers!!!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 19, 2011
They northerners can't stop Jonathan A.K.A JEGA, come may 2011, he will be our president
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Hodaya(m): 9:35am On Jan 19, 2011
So PDP's in-house zoning controversy is now fast becoming a national crisis issue. This is definitely a plus for CPC and a merger with ACN might just help vote PDP out of power. Suddenly the north is falling out of the claws of PDP prompting their downfall a.k.a Nigeria's victory might just happen sooner than expected,
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by cescjay(m): 9:36am On Jan 19, 2011
hmmmm,northerners na wa 4 una oh.since 9ja gaind independence u have been ruling,una neva taya?c were 9ja is 2day cos of u guys.
left 2 me 9ja will b divided into 2,lets see how u will survive without oil money.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by JimmyBoy1: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2011
Of course someone must have incited them, but it makes the whole thing to be very interesting. There may just be a chance for Ribadu or Buhari to clinch it.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by fuke(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2011
If the north wants a president in 2011  by all means.

They have a choice rather than resorting to violence.

They still have Buhari, They still have Ribadu.

Atiku , Babu

I beg o, I have a Chartered Accountant son  there.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by kenenath(m): 9:53am On Jan 19, 2011
SOME GROUP OF PEOPLE JUST SIT AND PLAY POLITICS LIKE CARDS, POLITICS IN NIGERIA IS NO LONGER TO SERVE THE PEOPLE BUT T0 LUTE THE WEALTH OF THE MASSES THATS WHY IT HAS BECOME A DO OR DIE AFFAIR , WHAT BAFFLES ME IS WHEN PEOPLE THEN TO MIX POLITICS AND RELIGION ITS SO UNFURNTUNATE!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by cyril10(m): 9:55am On Jan 19, 2011
Ignorance they said is a disease, i believe strongly that there is nothing like one Nigeria. Even in the north, the core north does not see the people from the middle belt as part of the north that is the reason why we see killings happening, who are the people responsible for this killings if not those that believe they are more of nigerian than others the core muslim north. Our major problem in this country, are the core muslim north who does not see anithing good about  none muslims, they equally see human beings as less important than their cows.

It will take a very long time before Nigeria could unite,why? becouse there are alot of illitrates up north even some that seem educated are not willing to show that they are educated as they still behave like the almajiris. It's only God that will salvage the situation, if not, it will be difficult for us to have peace in this country with our so called brothers in the north still behaving like their brothers from the Arabs.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2011
The best riots and demonstrations for the Northerners should be to divide the country not to continuing ruling to exploit Niger-Delta Oil. All these fights is to be at Aso Rock and loot funds from the Niger Delta Oil. God purnish all Northern protests if its not geared towards separation of North from the rest of us.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by bodsibobo(m): 9:59am On Jan 19, 2011
@1025

@asamuel,
i am an igbo but let the truth be told. 2011 according to obj's initial calender belongs to the north. if yar adua did not die, who will tell him not to finish his 2 nd tenure? atiku did not contest 2007 with obasanjo for your information. this morning, mend threatens to blast another bomb on our oil sites and they are not northerners. this morning we hear that our senate is spending N240m in sweeping the assembly house yearly and over N400m in fuel for their official generators and they are not northerners. the truth is that obj has created a lot of problems in this country which will lead to this country becoming ungovernable any moment from now.
those of us rejoicing over jonathan's election today will still come back in future to discuss the northern dominance in future now that zooning is dead. nwodo is no more the pdp chairman and a northerner is so giving them everything just to make them happy now will come back to hunt us in future.

boy, i am so so dissappointed in you. Your reasoning is so 'self-defeating'!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by anonimi: 10:01am On Jan 19, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by 13volts(m): 10:17am On Jan 19, 2011
so we can not even have a peaceful demonstration in the north
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by e90(m): 10:24am On Jan 19, 2011
Let they kill themselves, jonathan will still be the president come april election.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by mrperfect(m): 10:34am On Jan 19, 2011
This is sad that such situation still exist in this very part of the country.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 19, 2011
fuke:

If the north wants a president in 2011  by all means.

They have a choice rather than resorting to violence.

They still have Buhari, They still have Ribadu.

Atiku , Babu

I beg o, I have a Chartered Accountant son  there.
I see no reason why they should riot in as much as they can capitalize on the popularity of Buhari in the north, that of Ribadu through ACN and that of shekarau in Kano where a large percentage of northern votes is expected.
All the north need to do is to form a strong coalition through ACN,CPC and ANPP in order to face PDP.there is no need for his madness at all.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by abasibles: 10:49am On Jan 19, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed what an embarrassment, if am d one they course like this, i dont think weither i will be able to eat again, (shameless people like them), see their head and their black faces tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by abasibles: 10:54am On Jan 19, 2011
there is no need 4 any party to face PDP b/c they are always on top so there is no need of competition ok
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by zoraro(m): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2011
All this protest is so that a few Northerners can continue to steal and loot  angry. I am beginning to wonder if their religion sanctions stealing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? / Coffin Dealer Feigns Kidnap, Demands Ransom From Brother / Fire Guts Lekan Balogun’s Ibadan House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.