Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,372 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:59 PM

During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" (3123 Views)

Wow Pictures! SA Shocked By Beautiful Transwomen Challenge - "I'd Wife You!" / Man Tells Ibadan Lady To Send Back His N7K If She's Not Coming Again / If You Have 10 Naira, Tell Your Wife You Have 1 Naira...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by mamagee3(f): 6:58am On May 24, 2020
During a house party I attended, a man tells his wife as she was recording "you just dey show yourself".

What kind of marriage is that? grin

Does it mean he does not really like her?
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Shormiey(m): 7:03am On May 24, 2020
Pics pls.....no evidence undecided
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by chiemmanuel(m): 7:17am On May 24, 2020
Marriage of truth
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by mamagee3(f): 7:18am On May 24, 2020
chiemmanuel:
Marriage of truth
Truth as in?
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by TimFisher2: 7:21am On May 24, 2020
undecided

Some women can be annoying

How can you be crying more than the bereaved

And you expect your husband to be quiet

3 Likes

Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Blakjewelry(m): 7:24am On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:
During a house party I attended, a man tells his wife as she was recording "you just dey show yourself".

Did the guy said it in an angry manner or playfully
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:24am On May 24, 2020
Depending on the level of "Fun crazy" that they both have; the phrase "You just dey show yourself" can be an innocent tease.

But if it comes out as a warning other than a joke, maybe the party is getting into the woman's head too much (parte scatter mode) or the man does not know that party is not a funeral so one should be free to catch fun (sensible fun allowable for a married person ofcuz).

1 Like

Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Psady(m): 7:26am On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:

He could probably mean she's crossing her boundary,i don't see anything bad in him cautioning his own wife.abi Op how u take reason am?

1 Like

Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by chiemmanuel(m): 7:29am On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:

Truth as in?
opposite of lie
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by mamagee3(f): 7:36am On May 24, 2020
chiemmanuel:
opposite of lie
I meant what do you mean by marriage of truth?
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by mamagee3(f): 7:38am On May 24, 2020
Blakjewelry:

Did the guy said it in an angry manner or playfully
In a neutral tone.. . .like looking at her and saying "you just dey show yourself"

If I had to choose, I would say he said it in an angry manner
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by mamagee3(f): 7:40am On May 24, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

Who is crying more than the bereaved?

What are you saying?
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by chiemmanuel(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:

I meant what do you mean by marriage of truth?
where none of them have to be a Lai Muhammadu
They don't hide issues from each other l

1 Like

Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Nobody: 7:54am On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:

In a neutral tone.. . .like looking at her and saying "you just dey show yourself"

you know things like when you get an iPhone Xmas and you want to show it off to everyone but your hubby is not the show off type but the sensitive type?

The moment you bring that iPhone out, in his mind he'll be like 'she want make everybody know say she don buy iPhone now o'

This can make him feel irritated and he'll try to caution you. But you may not even be showing off the iPhone but just having fun.

Stuffs like this happens all the time. People bringing out big phones to video events and others feeling like they are just doing show-offs

1 Like

Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Burgerlomo: 7:58am On May 24, 2020
Insecurity cool
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by mamagee3(f): 8:03am On May 24, 2020
Burgerlomo:
Insecurity cool
Insecurity on whose part?
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by LadySarah: 8:13am On May 24, 2020
The summary is there's gonna be war at home.
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Burgerlomo: 8:52am On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:

Insecurity on whose part?

The nigga of course cool
Are you getting ready for the second rounds of twelve hundred bucks? grin
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Kobicove(m): 8:54am On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:

The man's wife was probably over doing something hence the statement undecided

1 Like

Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by mamagee3(f): 9:00am On May 24, 2020
Burgerlomo:

The nigga of course cool
Are you getting ready for the second rounds of twelve hundred bucks? grin
I don’t understand...are you saying the man is insecure of his wife?

Based on what aspect?
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by BrutusOj(m): 10:29am On May 24, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

Honestly, I hate unnecessary show up. Some ladies can be so annoying, they just want to be noticed anywhere they go. Though, there is a more mature way to handle such people, excuse her and talk sense into her to go sit down, na camera work them invite you come do ni? Go sit-down as a guest jaree..
Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by Ribspot: 11:37am On May 24, 2020
Follow me on Instagram! Username: ribspot
https:///mla0tgbN05 https:///Lro5LVzyHt

Re: During A House Party, A Man Tells His Wife, "You Just Dey Show Yourself" by prophetfire: 5:02pm On May 24, 2020
mamagee3:

MEANING THAT IF YOU HAD A HUSBAND AND HE SPEAKS LIKE THAT TO YOU, YOU WOULD BRING DOWN THE HOUSE? YOU LOOK LIKE ONE THAT TRIES TO MAKE A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLE-HILL.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To My Humble Self +1 / Unexpected Erection And Cums Anytime I Think Or See Erotic Image. Help. / "Have You Paid Her Bride Price": Reactions As Man Shows Off His African Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.