Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,973 members, 7,880,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:27 AM

Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game (537 Views)

Lukaku Says He Won't Slide On His Knees To Celebrate Goals Anymore / Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps / Wenger: Hazard Isn't Man To Replace Ronaldo, He Won't Score 50 Goals A Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game by obembet(f): 10:01am On May 24, 2020
Arsene Wenger has ruled out making a return to Arsenal in any capacity and admitted to taking pleasure in seeing Liverpool fail to emulate the efforts of his ‘Invincibles’.

The Frenchman has been out of coaching since bringing a 22-year reign in north London to a close in the summer of 2018.

Wenger told beIN SPORTS when asked if he'd return to Arsenal, even as a spectator: “Would I return to the Emirates Stadium? I always said to myself that I would be leaving Arsenal completely. That's the decision I made.”

Various directorial posts have been mooted for Wenger, but none will be filled at Arsenal.

The Gunners are, however, preparing to erect a statue of their legendary boss outside their home ground.

On that recognition of his achievements, Wenger said: “I managed the club for 1,235 games, I’ve had good and bad times there, but we always tried to defend the club’s values. And I think we managed to do it.”

The 2003-04 campaign could be considered Wenger’s greatest triumph, as Arsenal navigated an entire Premier League season unbeaten.

Nobody else has achieved that before or since, with Liverpool’s class of 2019-20 seeing their bid to match the Gunners come to a shuddering halt when suffering a shock 3-0 defeat at Watford in February .

“Yes, it was a form of satisfaction [to see Liverpool lose],” Wenger said.

“We always like to be the only ones to achieve something. They (Liverpool) could really go all the way. But it shows that it's difficult to repeat this feat. Anyway, that day, I had a lot of messages from Arsenal supporters.”

Wenger is enjoying watching competitive action from afar, with it possible that he is finished with the stresses of management.

Quizzed on whether he could return to the bench at some stage, he said: “At the moment, I am dedicating myself to my work at FIFA.

“FIFA has responsibility for 211 federations and the big problem is being efficient. I’m not saying I’m not missing competition, but I’m trying to be efficient in this area.”

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8352027/amp/Arsene-Wenger-explains-NEVER-return-Emirates-Stadium-leaving-2018.html

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

Re: Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game by Nairalandnigga(m): 5:56pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
obembet:
Arsene Wenger has ruled out making a return to Arsenal in any capacity and admitted to taking pleasure in seeing Liverpool fail to emulate the efforts of his ‘Invincibles’.

The Frenchman has been out of coaching since bringing a 22-year reign in north London to a close in the summer of 2018.

Wenger told beIN SPORTS when asked if he'd return to Arsenal, even as a spectator: “Would I return to the Emirates Stadium? I always said to myself that I would be leaving Arsenal completely. That's the decision I made.”

Various directorial posts have been mooted for Wenger, but none will be filled at Arsenal.

The Gunners are, however, preparing to erect a statue of their legendary boss outside their home ground.

On that recognition of his achievements, Wenger said: “I managed the club for 1,235 games, I’ve had good and bad times there, but we always tried to defend the club’s values. And I think we managed to do it.”

The 2003-04 campaign could be considered Wenger’s greatest triumph, as Arsenal navigated an entire Premier League season unbeaten.

Nobody else has achieved that before or since, with Liverpool’s class of 2019-20 seeing their bid to match the Gunners come to a shuddering halt when suffering a shock 3-0 defeat at Watford in February .

“Yes, it was a form of satisfaction [to see Liverpool lose],” Wenger said.

“We always like to be the only ones to achieve something. They (Liverpool) could really go all the way. But it shows that it's difficult to repeat this feat. Anyway, that day, I had a lot of messages from Arsenal supporters.”

Wenger is enjoying watching competitive action from afar, with it possible that he is finished with the stresses of management.

Quizzed on whether he could return to the bench at some stage, he said: “At the moment, I am dedicating myself to my work at FIFA.

“FIFA has responsibility for 211 federations and the big problem is being efficient. I’m not saying I’m not missing competition, but I’m trying to be efficient in this area.”

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8352027/amp/Arsene-Wenger-explains-NEVER-return-Emirates-Stadium-leaving-2018.html[/s]

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44
Re: Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game by kiddkash(m): 12:07pm On May 25, 2020
of course

Re: Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game by obembet(f): 7:01pm On May 25, 2020
mynd44
Re: Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game by OlawaleBammie: 10:25pm On May 25, 2020
That is not my problem

My problem is when wil i start seeing teams like AC Milan, Villarreal, Bordeaux, Partizan Belgrade, FC Basel, PSV Eindhoven, Glasgow Rangers Olympique de Marseille Arsenal in the champions league ywar in year out..

Abi how wil i convince my sons that AC Milan Vs Liverpool would usually be a mouthwatering experience

Rangers Vs Manchester is a problem for the reds

PSV Eindhoven Vs Arsenal always make the Emirate faithful shiver??

Seriously i have missed the legendary matches of last decade...

Imagine GENARO GATUSO giving the toung and enegetic CR7 a tough tym.

Imagine Ricardo Kaka dribbling the Manchester's defenders with a sublime header

Imagine Alexandro del Piero turning Fernando hiero into a lab assistant

Imagine Gonzalez Raul telling Massimo Ambrosini to show him his number3 shirt.

nawa oo
Re: Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game by Let4love: 12:18am On May 26, 2020
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel. It's free. It will not charge you for anything. It's absolutely free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlLNc6MCY5o
Re: Wenger claims he won't go back to Arsenal - even to watch a game by emmabest2000(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2020
Arsenal fans football club and fans are ungrateful human beings grin

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Let's kNow More About Betway / FA CUP: Chelsea 1 – 0 Manchester United – Full Details Of The Clash / Liverpool vs Burnley (2-0) Full Match Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.