Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,918 members, 7,890,037 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:06 AM

Top 10 Important Rules For Students Awaiting Admission This Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Important Rules For Students Awaiting Admission This Year (236 Views)

Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! / What Can I Do Not To Miss Admission This Year With 272 UTME Score? / Five Core Reasons Why Most Students May Be Denied Admission This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Important Rules For Students Awaiting Admission This Year by IAMabayo: 1:50pm On May 24, 2020
10 important advise to students seeking for admission in any Nigeria university

Jamb has released the results of Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination UTME. Our wonderful children have done their upmost best. Now, with the UTME results, it will be right to say that they have handed the baton over to us, the parents, as they shift their attention away to prepare for their WAEC and NECO examinations.

I am writing this short article on what parents need to do with the jamb results in their hands in order to make sure their children are admitted into our universities or any other tertiary institutions without much stress.

The interest to write this advice, however was inspired by a terrible experience last year.

So parents and guardians, my first advise is take the admission of your children with serious attention. Don’t leave it to luck or to Nigerian systems.

It is a vital battle and please let us fight it for our children who have read so diligently, who grew thin as a result of hard work and who are yet to know the capacity to survive the challenges for survival in Nigeria.

I will be very brief, giving just the important things to do.

1. Check the JAMB result.
Request from your child for his jamb result. See what he or she got in the result, If he has anything 180 and above, looking on a number of factors, he might be able to get admission into a university, but even with fairly lower marks, he can gain admission into other kinds of tertiary institutions like polytechnic.

2. Scale your options
Weigh your options, if for any reason be a more informed person. If your child has high marks like 240 and above, your struggles may not be much, but it depends on the course he applied for and the university that was chosen.

3a. Change of course or institution
If the marks are low or not impressive, you may, depending on on the assessment of chances, even need to do a change of course or institution that was applied for, or even the both.

Maybe perhaps, if your child was over ambitious in his decision, because children usually fill the forms while they are at school without recommendations from their parents, you now increase his chances of getting admission by buying a form at the nearest JAMB office or make the important changes online.

Please ask questions from the JAMB office the dateline for effecting the changes or else it may be too late.

read more helpful tips here
https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=00070897e3b50533aca26d3f6fbdcbfb&news_entry_id=s6a06a13c200524en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=PUSH_ENTRY_NEWS_351aed57-2b0a-4ea8-affd-f477ac357a4b&from=unknown

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CMU Australia Scholarships For International Students / Schools Is Not Yet Open Here's What You Can Do To Refresh Your Brain / UNILAG Scholars Attract N115.5m Research Grants From UK, Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.