Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,277 members, 7,928,917 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:21 AM

Public Holidays For Voters Registration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Holidays For Voters Registration? (1505 Views)

FG Declares April 3, 6 Public Holidays For Easter / FG Declares 8th And 9th August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr / FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Holidays For Voters Registration? by otukpo(f): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2011
This observation and perhaps question goes to GEJ.

During the last voters registration, no public holidays was declared for public servants and those in private sector to register for voting. That resulted in people like me being registered at centres very close to our working places and consequently have not participated in any voting process as there is always "no movement" on election days.
Then b4 the closing of the registration, there was this information that where one registers did not matter since it is electronic, that we could always vote at any centre, which turned out to be false.

This time around that the nation is trying to get it right, it is my opinion that the Federal Govt should declare a day or two, public holidays for workers to carry out their registration exercise. I am really eager to register and vote this time around and the weekends will not be enough to get the workers registered considering the hiccups experienced so far.

It is my right to vote, and i wouldn't be happy to be denied that right again.

Those that have the power to declare public holiday should see this as a necessity.

Nairalanders should help me carry this plea to GEJ.
Re: Public Holidays For Voters Registration? by Coolabbie: 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
Go tell him on his facebook page.
Re: Public Holidays For Voters Registration? by JAkpayen(m): 10:52am On Feb 03, 2011
Can anyone confirm if there is holiday declared tomorrow in order to register?
Re: Public Holidays For Voters Registration? by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 03, 2011
You're jusy lazy. What do you do with your weekends?
Re: Public Holidays For Voters Registration? by otokx(m): 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2011
very lazy guy indeed; numerous state governments have declared holidays.

(1) (Reply)

Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? / 2011: The Principle Of “anya-neli”, Chief Barr. Ezebunwo Nyesom Wike And The Pol / Boko Haram And The Disintegration Prediction Of American Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.