Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,834 members, 7,945,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects (31515 Views)

Coup: U.S Mounts Pressure On Tinubu As ECOWAS Fumes Over Mixed Signal / Edo 2020: PDP Mounts Pressure On Obaseki To Defect / House Leadership: PDP Mounts Pressure On Dogara To Accept Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 25, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Osun state has gold too

SW leaders should wake up before Fulani and Chinese take over their land!!!

Anyone who still believes in one Nigeria is a joke.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 25, 2020
mamaafrik:
Let'z give viable solutions please,what will you do as a Governor of osun if the president is coercing you on this.

If I were the state governor of Osun state, I'll keep the Chinese nationals in the worst jail in my state and then begin a legal back and forth with the federal government which will extend to about 2 years.

Of course, the federal government most likely will win, but the Chinese thieves would have slept in our jail for 2 years or more.

They will think twice before coming to my state next time.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Wake up wetin? They inadvertently gave up their land to the Fulani when they supported a known Fulani fundamentalist in the 2015 presidential polls.

Atiku is Igbo abi?
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by PHijo(m): 6:49pm On May 25, 2020
TripleOh7:

Atiku is Igbo abi?

Atiku contested in 2015 abi?
Why is comprehension a problem for some of you?
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Atiku contested in 2015 abi?
Why is comprehension a problem for some of you?

Same premise.

If you are blaming the Yorubas for voting for Buhari cos he is Fulani, the same applies to you for voting Atiku.

Or is Atiku an Igbo man?

What difference does the year make?

There were Igbos running for presidency alongside Atiku, but you preferred the Fulani man over them and then turned around to blame the Yorubas for voting another Fulani, same as you.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by mamaafrik(m): 6:58pm On May 25, 2020
TripleOh7:

If I were the state governor of Osun state, I'll keep the Chinese nationals in the worst jail in my state and then begin a legal back and forth with the federal government which will extend to about 2 years.

Of course, the federal government most likely will win, but the Chinese thieves would have slept in our jail for 2 years or more.

They will think twice before coming to my state next time.
someone is reading this......., subtleness
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by olajizz01(m): 7:01pm On May 25, 2020
mystery22:
typical Ogun state boy everything is violence,I am sure you will soon kill your parents,cos afonja curse is in your blood...stop cannibalism and skull mining your parents were doing hardman and your mother with her manly face and beards refused,now see the repercussions grin
Typical coward tribe like your, always divert from the main issues and delved into the Bush.

1 Like

Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by PHijo(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2020
TripleOh7:

Same premise.

If you are blaming the Yorubas for voting for Buhari cos he is Fulani, the same applies to you for voting Atiku.

Or is Atiku an Igbo man?

What difference does the year make?

There were Igbos running for presidency alongside Atiku, but you preferred the Fulani man over them and then turned around to blame the Yorubas for voting another Fulani, same as you.

Many! The difference it makes is that in 2015 you reinforced failure. My statement was explicit. You brought a Fulani fundamentalist in 2015. The issue was not with being Fulani but his mindset in a plural society like Nigeria.

Why did you have to include Igbo in your comment?
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by tolpau(m): 7:08pm On May 25, 2020
Though I'm more of comments reading, but I must just comment on this Chinese people. As one of their workers in construction department, I can boldly say I know this people very well. They say it's not good to generalise issues, but I can say with all confidence that ALL CHINESE have no good mind towards Nigerians or blacks as a whole. They treat us like monkeys in our country. They want you to work for years without having anything to show for it. They use us like elephant and pay us peanuts, each Chinese earn nothing less than 450k per month, while we the workers doing the real job are being paid as low as 28k-30k... People died on site almost every time as a result of no adequate safety kits, but yet, no compensation even to those who sustained life time injuries. Some have their body parts amputated. Chinese will want you to construct table, but will never let you know you're constructing table, they'll just be manipulating you here and there, finally you'll discover you're constructing a table; someone you've been working with for years doing same job perfectly. They imprisons people's mind. Chinese will transfer workers from their home of comfort to another state entirely without making provisions for accommodation for their workers nor increase your pay while they live in best houses, you try to show concern, they sack you straight, or threatened you "if you go, plenty workers will come". Not some, I mean ALL OF THEM, they transfer same orientation to themselves as soon they come on board. Chinese want us to wear rags till death, they don't have good mind seeing you progressing. THEY ARE BUNCH OF VIRUSES IN OUR LAND. The annoying part is, you try to grumble, they call police or soldiers for you, settled them with 5k and they'll beat good health out of one's life without even hearing to your own side or view. Many many things beyond all I can say in a jiffy.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by larion: 7:15pm On May 25, 2020
BranddesignerH:
Sounds like a Joke. But Unfortunately it's not a movie script

Abeg joor I will Design a Professional Logo for your Product or Services for 1500 Only. Offer valid Today Only. Please see my signature.

Can I see some of your works...
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Many! The difference it makes is that in 2015 you reinforced failure. My statement was explicit. You brought a Fulani fundamentalist in 2015. The issue was not with being Fulani but his mindset in a plural society like Nigeria.

Why did you have to include Igbo in your comment?

You are confusing yourself here.

How did we reinforce failure in 2015 when Buhari was contesting as a civilian person for the first time?

To have voted Jonathan would have indeed been to reinforce abject failure and crass incompetence.

Of course, Buhari doesn't seem to be doing a much better job, but the wanton profligacy that marked the Jonathan administration has REDUCED.

You say we brought in a fundamentalist in 2015. I say that's a good hindsight statement.

Why did I include Igbo in the narrative?

Because they are virtually the only ethnic group who still blame Yorubas for voting for Buhari and not supporting the two proven Kleptomaniacs, Jonathan and Atiku.

So automatically, I presumed your ethnicity.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 25, 2020
mamaafrik:
someone is reading this......., subtleness

I can delete the comment if necessary but you'll have to do same too.

But I hope my point will be made use of.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Holuwathoby(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2020
obembet:

Gold in Ilesha osun state is more than SA gold

Obembe 1 of Ilesa
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by PHijo(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2020
TripleOh7:

You are confusing yourself here.

How did we reinforce failure in 2015 when Buhari was contesting as a civilian person for the first time?

To have voted Jonathan would have indeed been to reinforce abject failure and crass incompetence.

Of course, Buhari doesn't seem to be doing a much better job, but the wanton profligacy that marked the Jonathan administration has REDUCED.

You say we brought in a fundamentalist in 2015. I say that's a good hindsight statement.

Why did I include Igbo in the narrative?

Because they are virtually the only ethnic group who still blame Yorubas for voting for Buhari and not supporting the two proven Kleptomaniacs, Jonathan and Atiku.

So automatically, I presumed your ethnicity.

It is unfortunate I have to share country with people like you. Without any prove you call people criminals. Despite past failure in the 80s, you defend Buhari because of your unbridled ethnic extremism.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by mamaafrik(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2020
TripleOh7:

I can delete the comment if necessary but you'll have to do same too.

But I hope my point will be made use of.
you don't need to,i believe Some folks close to the Governors may be reading this.
We are all entitled to our opinions
The autonomy should be pressed for by tge whole South,Together.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by bjnice(m): 7:30pm On May 25, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Osun state has gold too

SW leaders should wake up before Fulani and Chinese take over their land!!!

Osun state has gold in commercial quantity. We can export gold if our government so wish to do so.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

It is unfortunate I have to share country with people like you. Without any prove you call people criminals. Despite past failure in the 80s, you defend Buhari because of your unbridled ethnic extremism.

Actually I don't have to bite my fingers in regret much longer.

Because I'm sure very soon I won't have to share the same country with people like you any longer.

Unless you were born in 2010, no sane human adult can say that Jonathan wasn't a disaster to the Nigerian polity.

Even his people in the Niger Delta have realized that the 6 years of Jonathan was a complete waste.

He did practically NOTHING for his people.

One of the first things that Buhari did on getting power was to initiate the clean up of Ogoni land in the Niger Delta.

Jonathan was busy spraying dollars to his cronies and interest groups.

I don't even know why I'm arguing this point with you.

Most of you will rather hug the lie than embrace the truth.

Atiku! Go and read what his principal, Obasanjo wrote about him.

You are shooting about Buhari's first coming as a military dictator.

A regime that lasted barely 2years.

An administration that too over power from a government equally corrupt and depraved as the future Jonathan government.

Maybe you should sign up for a history lesson on Nigeria.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 25, 2020
mamaafrik:
you don't need to,i believe Some folks close to the Governors may be reading this.
We are all entitled to our opinions
The autonomy should be pressed for by tge whole South,Together.

I hope they do the needful.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by sulaak(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2020
What is the use of having a state if the state governor cannot protect its people, lands and resources? The 1999 constitution MUST be scrapped
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by planetx: 7:42pm On May 25, 2020
tolpau:
Though I'm more of comments reading, but I must just comment on this Chinese people. As one of their workers in construction department, I can boldly say I know this people very well. They say it's not good to generalise issues, but I can say with all confidence that ALL CHINESE have no good mind towards Nigerians or blacks as a whole. They treat us like monkeys in our country. They want you to work for years without having anything to show for it. They use us like elephant and pay us peanuts, each Chinese earn nothing less than 450k per month, while we the workers doing the real job are being paid as low as 28k-30k... People died on site almost every time as a result of no adequate safety kits, but yet, no compensation even to those who sustained life time injuries. Some have their body parts amputated. Chinese will want you to construct table, but will never let you know you're constructing table, they'll just be manipulating you here and there, finally you'll discover you're constructing a table; someone you've been working with for years doing same job perfectly. They imprisons people's mind. Chinese will transfer workers from their home of comfort to another state entirely without making provisions for accommodation for their workers nor increase your pay while they live in best houses, you try to show concern, they sack you straight, or threatened you "if you go, plenty workers will come". Not some, I mean ALL OF THEM, they transfer same orientation to themselves as soon they come on board. Chinese want us to wear rags till death, they don't have good mind seeing you progressing. THEY ARE BUNCH OF VIRUSES IN OUR LAND. The annoying part is, you try to grumble, they call police or soldiers for you, settled them with 5k and they'll beat good health out of one's life without even hearing to your own side or view. Many many things beyond all I can say in a jiffy.
Africans are the dumbest race on this planet, reading stories like this have confirmed what I have always know. Just a race of sellouts and cowards. Only an African will brutalized his fellow African for the Chinese for peanuts, no wonder the European slavery lasted for 400 years and the Arab slavery 1000 years because Africans are nothing but sellouts with zero unity, cooperation and with low IQ. You people are going to be enslaved or at best colonized by the Chinese very soon , keep being a bunch of sellouts and cowards.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by PHijo(m): 8:12pm On May 25, 2020
TripleOh7:

Actually I don't have to bite my fingers in regret much longer.

Because I'm sure very soon I won't have to share the same country with people like you any longer.

Unless you were born in 2010, no sane human adult can say that Jonathan wasn't a disaster to the Nigerian polity.

Even his people in the Niger Delta have realized that the 6 years of Jonathan was a complete waste.

He did practically NOTHING for his people.

One of the first things that Buhari did on getting power was to initiate the clean up of Ogoni land in the Niger Delta.

Jonathan was busy spraying dollars to his cronies and interest groups.

I don't even know why I'm arguing this point with you.

Most of you will rather hug the lie than embrace the truth.

Atiku! Go and read what his principal, Obasanjo wrote about him.

You are shooting about Buhari's first coming as a military dictator.

A regime that lasted barely 2years.

An administration that too over power from a government equally corrupt and depraved as the future Jonathan government.

Maybe you should sign up for a history lesson on Nigeria.

I don't know how ignorant you guys can be!
People wearing PPEs to pour sand is NOT environmental clean up. Sorry to bust your bubble, I am not Igbo.

What Buhari Buhari is doing is an attempt to hide the polluted spots by covering it with fresh layers of soil. He is actually compounding the environmental issues.

NNPC , which the largest polluter of the Niger Delta is yet to pay her part into fund that was dedicated for the clean up.

The best Jonathan could have done for his people in particular and Nigeria at large was the passage of the Petroleum industry bill, the constitution could have subject to changes based on recommendations made at the reforms conferences organised under Obasanjo and Jonathan. The outcomes were rejected by your leaders the same way you rejected the petroleum industry bill but you were quick to pass the FOI act.

Barely 2 years but those years had the same crippling effects as the last 5 years.

In the past Buhari overthrew Shagari citing corruption as the reason behind his intervention. Within 2 years brought down Nigeria's economy. Despite sweeping powers he had as a military despot. South Korea and Brazil witnessed rapid economic growth and technological advancements under military despots.

Obasanjo said it is only fools who reinforce failure, he failed as a military despot. That alone should have told any rational thinker he lacks the ability to fulfil any of the promises he made.

Under Jonathan Nigeria's economy overtook South Africa's as the largest in Africa. It had an annual growth rate that was amongst the top 10 in the world, it was Africa's no1 destination for investment. Today, it overtaken India, a country with 5 times Nigeria's population as the world's poverty capital.

Your problem is that you want to fly before you crawl, sadly instead of flying or crawling you are now crippled.

Buhari being a real Hausa perfume seller, sold you a dream that he will "stabilise global oil prices ", and make Naira equivalent to a dollar. Not only did he cripple the economy, he has left the average Nigerian in a comatose state. They are too hungry to stand up from their beds, not talk going to Ojota to 'protest'.

1 Like

Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:28pm On May 25, 2020
This is just one of the imbalances that make Nigeria a totally unworkable entity and a big -for - nothing sleeping giant.

In this case, the resources belong to Osun,the crime was committed in Osun, the criminals were caught in Osun but one strange constitution says the criminals should be sent to far away Abuja for trials and that Abuja owns the resources !

A constitution that encourages the resources of Ibeju - Lekki to be used to develop one remote village of Katsina in the name of 'one Naijeriya" while Katsina has nothing to offer in return !

Alcohol ,as well as its consumption ,is prohibited in Kano but revenue derived from its sales and consumption in Lagos is used to develop Kano ! Is there any sense in that ?

Each state should have control over its resources and should be allowed to develop at its own pace. True federalism is the way out and that's what will guarantee development of the country and prosperity for all.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by mystery22: 8:35pm On May 25, 2020
olajizz01:
Typical coward tribe like your, always divert from the main issues and delved into the Bush.
e pain am... grin
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by mystery22: 8:35pm On May 25, 2020
Myhusband:

can't even fathom your incoherence gibberish, go and ask your mother who she gave birth you to because Igbo aren't this senseless
e pain am grin
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by jrusky(m): 9:24pm On May 25, 2020
obembet:

Gold in Ilesha osun state is more than SA gold

Yea I heard Ilesha is a gold city.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by darediamond(m): 9:25pm On May 25, 2020
erifeoluwasimi:
Why is FG so interested?
No respect for South by North.
Remember the case of the Girl that was kidnapped by an Hausa from South and forcefully married.
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by darediamond(m): 9:27pm On May 25, 2020
MasterJayJay:
Law is the law.

“Ordinarily, if an illegal miner is arrested by the
state government, such a miner ought to be handed
over to the Federal Government for prosecution in
line with the Minerals and Mining Act 2007 (Chapter
5 – Offences and Penalties) and the Nigerian
Minerals and Mining Regulations (Section 20 –
Sanctions).
That law is a senseless going by the Real make up of N/IG/E /R/I/A
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by darediamond(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2020
emkz:
No way. So that our minister of solid minerals would tell them to pay a fine of 1 million naira before releasing them like they imposed such a ridiculous fine on the UK airline that operated unauthorized commercial flights into Nigeria? Again, no "bleeping" way!

Professor Agboola Gambari, if you are reading this, PLEASE it is time to advise President Buhari to allow states control their resources and prosecute the criminals in their domains. Better still, it is time to discuss the vexed matter of how to effectively govern Nigeria and the powers appertaining to states/regions, certain rights must be taken from the FG and devolved to the states. Nigeria is too BIG and heterogeneous to be centrally policed and the diabolic constitution does not allow states to prosecute certain crimes that happened in their domain. Does that even make sense?

We are well aware that the Chinese Embassy is mounting pressure on the Presidency to release those criminals. Rudderlessly, our President is keen to release them because he has mortgaged our future and dignity as a nation by borrowing irresponsibly from China. Why do we submit our rights as a nation to our creditors?

We must demonstrate that we are putting our citizens first before any nation. The Chinese must be prosecuted and the company that they represent must be fined for illegal mining, pollution of freshwater supply to the folks where these activities took place and destruction of their lands.

I am not from Osun State, but the news of Chinese illegally mining gold traumatised me. How long had they been doing this before they were caught? Who permitted them? What gave them the rights to do such? What is wrong with us as a people? Can any Nigerian commit such a crime in China and be alive to explain his side of the story? Let us make them an example. You can't enter my house, destroy things and say I should not get angry. Where then is my dignity as a man?

Enough is enough.

First never you say F.G again but rather Hausa-Fulani government. You need to do as to clarify barbarism from pure Common Sense.

North have no iota of Respect for we in the South.
This is what 1999 Nigeria Constitution (worded by Britain-Backed Northern Generals) is all about and actively depicts!!I

What sense is in Federal Roads in the South altogether?
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Legendguru: 11:24pm On May 25, 2020
hmmmm
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by witworth(m): 11:34pm On May 25, 2020
erifeoluwasimi:
Why is FG so interested?
You should know they fear any white government a lot, even if it's Cyprus or Malta, F.G is just trying to save its own ass here, you know Nigeria is an underdeveloped nation
Re: 17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects by Tohsynetita1: 1:00am On May 26, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vandals Have Started Vandalizing The Warri-itakpe Rail Line / Niger Republic Denies Receiving N1.15bn Vehicles From Buhari Government / 2022: Supreme Court Affirms Ademola Adeleke As PDP Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.