Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,344 members, 7,932,264 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:05 PM

Fighting THE Good Fight - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fighting THE Good Fight (447 Views)

Fight The Good Fight Of Faith / Keep Fighting The Good Fight Of Faith. / Two Snakes Found Fighting In Church After Prayers - Evangelist Chibuzo Fredrick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fighting THE Good Fight by davidinchrist(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2020
If we want to follow Jesus, we must be Ready for WAR! No, I don't mean physical war like fighting or quarrelling with the WICKED or people in general: we should be gentle and always seek to be at PEACE with the good and the EVIL by all means. ("Vengeance is MINE; I will REPAY, saith the Lord" Rom. 12:19)

Luke 10:3 KJV
Go your ways: behold, I SEND you forth as LAMBS among WOLVES.

Matthew 10:16 KJV
...be ye therefore WISE as SERPENTS, and Harmless as DOVES.

However, we are to FIGHT the good fight of FAITH:

1 Timothy 6:12 KJV
Fight the GOOD Fight of faith, lay hold on ETERNAL LIFE, whereunto thou art also CALLED...

What we fight against are the SINS/LUSTS/CORRUPTIONS in our flesh: the love of Money and the World; the love of the Honour of Men; the Pride of Life, Selfishness, etc., in other to OVERCOME the devil.

Obedience to Jesus is next to Victory over Satan:
Romans 16:19-20 KJV
For your OBEDIENCE is come abroad unto ALL MEN...
[20] And the God of PEACE shall bruise Satan UNDER YOUR FEET shortly...

Alas, many of us focus on the Wrong Enemies (humans): fighting over passing things of the world like taking people to COURT, arguing, abusing, etc. Hence, we are defeated: frustrated, "depressed" and thereby SINFUL; unable to OVERCOME the devil and Sins.

John 18:36 KJV
Jesus answered, My kingdom is NOT of this WORLD: if my kingdom were of this world, then would MY SERVANTS Fight...

Now, do we know that DEPRESSION is a Sin?

It's as much a Sin as grumbling and complaining, backbiting, ANGER, PRIDE, Sexual Sins, etc.

Depression is a result of lack of Faith and disobedience to God:

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS: and AGAIN I say, Rejoice.

Rejoicing always in Jesus, NOT in our circumstances, feelings/emotions, endeavors: No, those things are subject to CHANGE anytime;

Jesus is the Solid Rock! He doesn't Change.

Hence, we got to Repent and get our Eyes Fixed on Jesus first.

We don't fight Men for earthly things in general, except to "graciously" EXPOSE LIES of False Men/Religions/Churches as Jesus CHASED OUT the MONEY CHANGERS to bring GLORY God and His Kingdom.

If we don't FIGHT VIOLENTLY to overcome, we shall not be qualified to ENTER God's kingdom: NOT just about doing Religious/Church activities, but really OVERCOMING Evil with Good!

We need to Submit and Obey Jesus; seek for Grace/Power of the Holy Spirit to overcome:

Matthew 11:12 KJV
And from the days of John the Baptist until NOW the kingdom of HEAVEN suffereth VIOLENCE, and the VIOLENT take it BY FORCE.

Revelation 3:21 KJV
To him that OVERCOMETH will I grant to SIT WITH ME in my throne, even as I ALSO OVERCAME, and am set down WITH MY Father in his THRONE.

Luke 13:23-24 KJV
...ARE there FEW that be saved? And he said unto them, [24] STRIVE TO ENTER in at the strait gate: for MANY, I say unto you, will SEEK TO Enter in, and SHALL NOT BE ABLE.

Philippians 4:13
I can DO ALL THINGS through Christ which STRENGTHENS me.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 25, 2020
Thank you sir, but haba, depression is a sin? I hope you don't repeat this when the burdens of an intercessor is placed upon you. You'll experience burdens, mood swings, even sorrow. Or you think the Holy Spirit within one cannot be grieved? When you are to pray for someone, your own emotions will be arrested and you'll get burdens for efficiency.
Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by davidinchrist(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2020
plavic:
Thank you sir, but haba, depression is a sin? I hope you don't repeat this when the burdens of an intercessor is placed upon you. You'll experience burdens, mood swings, even sorrow. Or you think the Holy Spirit within one cannot be grieved? When you are to pray for someone, your own emotions will be arrested and you'll get burdens for efficiency.

Friend, if we follow Jesus, we consider all things joy (good and evil).

Yes, there are emotions, but they don't RULE US; I don't see Jesus getting depressed: so, I'm seeking to follow is example by resisting the temptation when tempted.

Please, see the following verses, IF you so wish:

James 1:2-3 KJV
My brethren, Count it ALL JOY when ye fall into divers temptations; [3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

1 John 1:4 KJV
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Romans 14:17 KJV
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Romans 15:13 KJV
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

May Jesus Bless You.

1 Like

Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by davidinchrist(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2020
plavic:

Moreover, those sorrows, burdens or mood swings should not lead to "Depression".

Depression is when you start getting easily irritated or angry; jealous or envious; feeling like giving up, cowardly, etc...

Ultimately leading to gross Sins or even suicide in some people.

Hence, Depression is A Sin, NOT sorrows and the likes you mentioned.

Peace with you.
Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 25, 2020
davidinchrist:

Friend, if we follow Jesus, we consider all things joy (good and evil).

Yes, there are emotions, but they don't RULE US; I don't see Jesus getting depressed: so, I'm seeking to follow is example by resisting the temptation when tempted.

Please, see the following verses, IF you so wish:

James 1:2-3 KJV
My brethren, Count it ALL JOY when ye fall into divers temptations; [3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

1 John 1:4 KJV
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Romans 14:17 KJV
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Romans 15:13 KJV
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

May Jesus Bless You.

Lol.. So the prayer Jesus made in the garden before his arrest was done with a smile on His face ? When Jesus cried at Lazarus grave, that was what?
Even Jesus experienced anger, so who am I to judge someone experiencing depression in his soul? See sir, it is easy to just teach out of written knowledge but we experiencially know what things are, we'd stop judging.

The best we can do is pray for them. Howbeit it, I also agree with you that certain depression is demonic, expecially for people who gave satan a loophole.
Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by davidinchrist(m): 11:08pm On May 25, 2020
plavic:

Lol.. So the prayer Jesus made in the garden before his arrest was done with a smile on His face ? When Jesus cried at Lazarus grave, that was what?
Even Jesus experienced anger, so who am I to judge someone experiencing depression in his soul? See sir, it is easy to just teach out of written knowledge but we experiencially know what things are, we'd stop judging.

The best we can do is pray for them. Howbeit it, I also agree with you that certain depression is demonic, expecially for people who gave satan a loophole.

Have you seen my second comment?

See it to see the difference between depression and having Sorrow(s) or grieves: the Bible even says that we should MOURN for our Sins, and blessed are those that Mourn (for spiritual/righteousness sake) for they shall be Comforted. Matt 5:4

James 4:9 KJV
Be Afflicted, and Mourn, and WEEP: let your laughter be turned to Mourning, and your joy to Heaviness.

Friend, if still don't agree with me on this, no problem; but hopefully, we'll agree to major on obedience to Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke, John to be Saved.

Thanks for your time,

Goodbye.
Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 25, 2020
davidinchrist:

Have you seen my second comment?

See it to see the difference between depression and having Sorrow(s) or grieves: the Bible even says that we should MOURN for our Sins, and blessed are those that Mourn (for spiritual/righteousness sake) for they shall be Comforted. Matt 5:4

James 4:9 KJV
Be Afflicted, and Mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to Mourning, and your joy to Heaviness.

Friend, if still don't agree with me on this, no problem; but agree to major on obedience to Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke, John to be Saved.

Thanks for your time,

Goodbye.

I agree with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by davidinchrist(m): 11:25pm On May 25, 2020
Plavic-- introverts like us get depressed easily, but when we get to a level of Faith, we Rejoice in the Lord Always; the Psalmist said in the God's Presence there's fullness of joy:

Honestly, I've got some things bothering me or things I'm trusting God for, BUT I've learnt to Rejoice always (good or bad times). See Romans 8:28

Because I know God is in control: and he will work all things out for my good.

John 15:11 KJV
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

2 Corinthians 7:4 KJV
Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

Romans 12:12 KJV
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Trust in God dear friends; May Jesus Bless You All

1 Like

Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by davidinchrist(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2020
1John.5.4 - For whatever is born of God OVERCOMES the World. And this is the VICTORY that has OVERCOME the World--OUR FAITH.
Re: Fighting THE Good Fight by davidinchrist(m): 7:15pm On May 26, 2020
Ephesians 6:12 KJV
For we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places .

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? Share Your Last Minutes Thoughts Here / Pastor Williams Kumuyi Celebrate His 79th Year Birthday Today / Church Of Satan Reacted On Twitter About The Founder Of Church Of Satan In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.