Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,347 members, 7,971,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:45 AM

The Laugh At Night - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Laugh At Night (417 Views)

Board School Series: They Jumped The School Fence To Go Party At Night. / Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Laugh At Night by samicine(m): 8:38pm On May 26, 2020
Two weeks ago, I woke up around 3am, to the sound of mocking laughter. When everybody gathered for breakfast the next morning, I mentioned it. My sister said she was awake when she heard it; she said it sounded like it was in her room, but I argued that it sounded like it was right next to me in bed. My brother said he didn't hear it, but he woke up around that time because, "he felt a dark presence" and couldn't sleep. I didn't sleep in my room for a week. The night my resolve solidified, I went in. I was crawling into bed when the ceiling fan stopped right when my head hit the pillow. I bolted out of my room so fast as a grotesque shadow burst out of my mirror, screaming, "help me, I've let them out, they're coming" .
It's voice was a rasp choking sound and the whole house went into darkness.
I woke up three months later, the police said they couldn't find my family. They only saw me shivering outside on the lawn, muttering "it ate them".

(1) (Reply)

Script For Short Movies Needed. / The Candle In The Wind- A Review / The Perfect Wife New Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.