Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:06 AM

I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly (12280 Views)

Single Guys:how Do You Cope With The Pressure. / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly? / Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Mygoldie(f): 10:19am On Jan 19, 2011
^^^Lol.

@poster, you've had two serious relationship at the age of 21? (not been judgemental)

And now your looking to go for a third one? oh well!
what i'd say is live young and live good. (just two words).
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by omenpetrol: 11:43am On Jan 19, 2011
Am 21 also and can imagine how u feel.
Rule 1. let things happen as their own pace. dont do what u dont really like cos your peers are doing it.
Rule 2. 70% of what your peers Say are lies.
be careful cos i know girls attach a lot of emotions to things, take life easy. else BOYS wud hurt You real bad.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by SALady(f): 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2011
MOBO444:

^^^ Dont talk trash, go and tell your South Africa ladies that,ok.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Rarestar: 9:14am On Jan 20, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I am sure you can get sex anywhere.  The men will hunch on anything nowadays.  But, I only asked because I know younger girls are vulnerable and having a boyfriend fill that "lonely void". 

What do u mean by younger girls filling the lonely void? 21 is young to have a boyfriend? Wouldn't i marry someday?
Jenifa_:

2 serious relationships by 21? jeez. I think you shouldn't jump into relationships for the sake of it. wait for the right guy otherwise you're soon going to be out of the r/s and looking for another one in a minute. unless you are ok with that.

I'm sure you have friends that are single. you probably are just focusing on the ones in r/s and feeling self conscious. Find your single friends (or make some new ones) and start hanging out with them more and doing things together. single life is fun too esp. if you have friends who are also single.

what's the rush to be in a r/s anyway, when eventually, you are going to be in one for the rest of your life. and by then, you will have times when you'll wish you were still young and single again.  undecided
better enjoy your freedom while you still have it.

i quite agree with you but eventually you would still feel it as time goes by and more of your friends are getting hooked.

Mygoldie:

^^^Lol.

@poster, you've had two serious relationship at the age of 21? (not been judgemental)

And now your looking to go for a third one? oh well!
what i'd say is live young and live good. (just two words).

Yes I have had 2 serious relationships
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Rarestar: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2011
iice:

Peer pressure is a hard thing to withstand.
Even when you try to get people to be logical. . .it's like they don't actually want to not succumb to peer pressure.

exactly, really hard most times.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
tpia*:

^so you're saying you want the teenage dayokanu to be my third husband.

let his nl wifey/s catch you sha.

Tope kini mo se fun e now? Se crime ni wipe mo feran e ni

Temitope Ololufe wa sun simi laya. kiss
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by olax44(m): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2011
u lack self control. try to control your emotions, don't let it control you.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by tlops(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2011
OP what u are experiencing is peer pressure. I think you should be more concerned at having good grades in school now than looking for a boy friend. Dear set ur priorities right if you know what I mean.

Goodluck jonathan to you
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by tellwisdom: 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2011
Maybe she no fine or she no get wetin boiz want, shikinah
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by jiggar(m): 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2011
I don't condemn people but i would suggest you try and get closer to GOD to make u a better person, b4 u cause havoc to yourself.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by ONEMEGE(m): 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
Reflection is d best way 2 acquire wisdom, @ dis point u really need 2 take a break and reconcile wit urself & also spell out wat u want frm life. Life is 2 precious 2 make alot of mistakes dat wil affect us negatively.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by singlelife: 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2011
Ah!  shocked Well said is an understatement.
Wonders will never end.

tlops:

OP what u are experiencing is peer pressure. I think you should be more concerned at having good grades in school now than looking for a boy friend. Dear [b]set your priorities right [/b]if you know what I mean.

Goodluck jonathan to you
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by babyabbey: 10:00pm On Jan 20, 2011
i cant help but laugh here
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by rafiky: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2011
Pressure here pressure there,we all experience pressure at some point in life,which is normal.What matter is the way we handle the pressure when it comes.I will like you to look inward and give it a serious thought on what you really want,if what you want is what will give happiness and peace of mind,then go for it.
All that Glitters is not Gold.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Atreides(f): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2011
OP i understand exactly how you feel. I mean it's very easy to say don't give in to peer pressure but when you actually face it it's a different thing entirely. I'm younger than you are,but i've been there/still am there sometimes. It's like wherever you look,everyone's paired up and you feel this powerful urge to be part of that unit called a couple. I totally know how that feels like,but another thing i also know is that peer pressure is surmountable. I think the fact that you've been in two serious r/ships already is kinda disturbing(but that's just me). You have to figure out whether you're ready for a r/ship now or not. It shouldn't be because you want to fit in or because you wanna say 'oh there's my boyfriend'. You need to figure out what you want,and you need to be convinced about it. Convinction/truly believeing in what you're doing is very important,IMO. If you're convinced that staying single is the best thing for you right now,then dealing with peer pressure will be much easier. If you're convinced that you're ready to be with someone,then go for it. The point is,you have to know what you want/need,and you have to do what's best for you.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by coollanny: 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2011
Before me right now is a table of good food, drinks, fruits and desert.
I am very hungry.
But I am under tremendous pressure from my hosts to eat.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by poweredcom(m): 12:03am On Jan 21, 2011
Hahaha this one no get work na boyfriend dey make u feel bad, hissss, u no get problem
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Pharoh: 12:27am On Jan 21, 2011
You simply do not have responsibility so you can be thinking of peer pressure to have a boyfriend and not something useful to your life.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by tennyalad(m): 12:56am On Jan 21, 2011
c'mon, dont let peer pressure weight on you
just put your priorities in place and do what is best for you
believe me, trying to be like your friend is the beginning of failure
its what we call "lost in best practice" in business process modelling.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by eejo(m): 3:04am On Jan 21, 2011
please am on my knees begging you 98percent of nigerian youth have one form of sexually transmitted disease or the other starting from hiv hepatitis virus human papiloma virus which causes cervical cancer fucos on your education graduate get a job build yourself and get married forget about boyfriend
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Jenifa1: 3:33am On Jan 21, 2011
Rarestar:

i quite agree with you but eventually you would still feel it as time goes by and more of your friends are getting hooked.

Yes I have had 2 serious relationships

I also find some of my friends getting hooked but I also find more who are breaking up or who are single. It's all a matter of what you choose to focus on and the types of friends you have.
my advice is for you to go and work on your self esteem issues.  learn to love yourself. you seem like one of those girls who need a guy in her life in order to validate her self worth.
but if it makes you happier or less depressed, then get a boyfriend. what's stopping you?  undecided

iice:

Get a new boyfriend so you can tell them you have one.

best answer so far!! succinct and to the point. wink
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Mobinga: 3:48am On Jan 21, 2011
Why don't you have a boyfriend? Are you hideous?
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Rarestar: 3:56am On Jan 21, 2011
Mobinga:

Why don't you have a boyfriend? Are you hideous?

Yep not only hideous but highly disfigured!

Jenifa_:

I also find some of my friends getting hooked but I also find more who are breaking up or who are single. It's all a matter of what you choose to focus on and the types of friends you have.
my advice is for you to go and work on your self esteem issues.  learn to love yourself. you seem like one of those girls who need a guy in her life in order to validate her self worth.
but if it makes you happier or less depressed, then get a boyfriend. what's stopping you?  undecided

best answer so far!! succinct and to the point. wink

Nothing is stopping from having one, there are a lot of guys out there. My post here was signifying being pressured to just have one regardless of anything instead of taking my time and chill. The pressure.

Pharoh:

You simply do not have responsibility so you can be thinking of peer pressure to have a boyfriend and not something useful to your life.

Atreides:

OP i understand exactly how you feel. I mean it's very easy to say don't give in to peer pressure but when you actually face it it's a different thing entirely. I'm younger than you are,but i've been there/still am there sometimes. It's like wherever you look,everyone's paired up and you feel this powerful urge to be part of that unit called a couple. I totally know how that feels like,but another thing i also know is that peer pressure is surmountable. I think the fact that you've been in two serious r/ships already is kinda disturbing(but that's just me). You have to figure out whether you're ready for a r/ship now or not. It shouldn't be because you want to fit in or because you wanna say 'oh there's my boyfriend'. You need to figure out what you want,and you need to be convinced about it. Convinction/truly believeing in what you're doing is very important,IMO. If you're convinced that staying single is the best thing for you right now,then dealing with peer pressure will be much easier. If you're convinced that you're ready to be with someone,then go for it. The point is,you have to know what you want/need,and you have to do what's best for you.

thanks for understanding and the advice.

rafiky:

Pressure here pressure there,we all experience pressure at some point in life,which is normal.What matter is the way we handle the pressure when it comes.I will like you to look inward and give it a serious thought on what you really want,if what you want is what will give happiness and peace of mind,then go for it.
All that Glitters is not Gold.      

thanks.

tlops:

OP what u are experiencing is peer pressure. I think you should be more concerned at having good grades in school now than looking for a boy friend. Dear set your priorities right if you know what I mean.

Goodluck jonathan to you

done with school
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Jenifa1: 4:05am On Jan 21, 2011
Rarestar:

Nothing is stopping from having one, there are a lot of guys out there. My post here was signifying being pressured to just have one regardless of anything instead of taking my time and chill. The pressure.

oh i see.
so, pressure aside, do you genuinely want a boyfriend?
if yes, get one. if no,make new friends. trust me, there are many single girls your age out there. i'm not lying. lol
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by MBG4Real(m): 4:33am On Jan 21, 2011
MY ADVICE

Have a boyfriend but don't have sex with him.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Mobinga: 4:40am On Jan 21, 2011
Rarestar:

Yep not only hideous but highly disfigured!
sad
Well, I guess that's where the problem is from. sad
Why are you highly disfigured sad
Ugly parents?
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Eyayomosko: 7:13am On Jan 21, 2011
Stop comparing your friend life to yours.wait for the right time
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by alexleo(m): 7:20am On Jan 21, 2011
@poster,
you are trying to see how you can fill a void in your heart but i tell you, only Jesus can fill it. Embrace Jesus in your life and live for his own pleasure and you will see how satisfed life will be for you. May God help you.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by segunjowo(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2011
LMAO. go get bf babe. remember, u r @ ur productive age and shld be thinking of settling down soon, I mean, before 25.
Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by singlelife: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2011
Why can't people follow simple instructions?

bigfatng:

CHEAP INTERNET BROWSING PACKAGES

India web proxy 3.2  50mb data plan - free
India web proxy 3.2 8GB data plan -
India web proxy 3.2 18GB data plan-

to configure your free 50mb trial account  call me on dont let other internet connection  like glo ,etisalat ,mtn ,airtel ,starcomms.visa phone ,multilinks, drain your life becos you want to stay connected online ,have been there before i know what  it is like,   Get tired of browsing with india web proxy today
.check out my blog for more details ,if you have any problems call me

Re: I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 21, 2011
2 serious relationships by 21? jeez. I think you shouldn't jump into relationships for the sake of it. wait for the right guy otherwise you're soon going to be out of the r/s and looking for another one in a minute. unless you are ok with that.

I'm sure you have friends that are single. you probably are just focusing on the ones in r/s and feeling self conscious. Find your single friends (or make some new ones) and start hanging out with them more and doing things together. single life is fun too esp. if you have friends who are also single.

what's the rush to be in a r/s anyway, when eventually, you are going to be in one for the rest of your life. and by then, you will have times when you'll wish you were still young and single again. Undecided
better enjoy your freedom while you still have it.

Even wrong women want right guys. Na waoh! I SAW THE POSTER CORRECTING SOMEONE WHEN HER POST IS FULL OF TAUTOLOGIES. HAVE ANOTHER BF, AGAIN, LOOKING AROUND ME, WHAT'RE THOSE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Attract A Christian Lady In No Time. / ***Platinumk Voted Best Romance Section Poster. Congratulations!*** / He Exposed My Sexuality, Now He Wants Sex From Me: I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.