Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,666 members, 7,911,801 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:11 PM

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity - Religion (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity (137396 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / What Does This Mean: Spirit,Water And Blood Bear Witness On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
brocab:

{John 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
If you had read what was written in the first place I wouldn't have to repeat-which way I had written the above-Allow me to show you scriptures that you find to difficult to understand about the trinity..
{1. Matthew 3:16} “After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him.”
{2. Matthew 12:28} “But if I [Jesus] cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”
{3. Matthew 28:19} “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit . . .”
{4. Luke 3:22} “And the Holy Spirit descended upon Him [Jesus] in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My [the Father’s] beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”
[5. John 14:26] “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My [Jesus’] name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”
[6. John 15:26] “When the Helper comes, whom I [Jesus] will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me . . .”
{7. Acts 1:4} “Gathering them together, He [Jesus] commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Which,” He said, “you heard of from Me . . .”
{8. Acts 2:33}
“Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He [Jesus] has poured forth this which you both see and hear.”
{9. Acts 10:38} “You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”
{10. Romans 1:4} “Who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord . . .”
{11. Romans 8:9} “However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.”
{12. 1 Corinthians 6:11} "Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
{13. 2 Corinthians 13:14} "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.
{14. Galatians 4:6} "Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
{15. Ephesians 1:17} "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. "{16. Ephesians 2:18}
For through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
{17. Ephesians 2:22} "In whom [ Jesus] you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.
{18. Titus 3:6} "Whom [the Holy Spirit] He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior.
{19. Hebrews 9:14} "How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
{20. 1 Peter 1:2} "According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: may grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
So as we can see the trinity theory still stands among the believers-{[color=#990000] I said the believers} it's quite simple to understand-the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are One. [/color]
{John 1:14} "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. {Jesus}
So obviously Jesus, lived among us. It's Jesus who is coming in the last days-God with Him in Spirit-there's no separation between the Father the Son and the Spirit.. "As I said: I myself don't see a problem with the above-it's pretty simple to understand-It's child's play...

grin grin
Brocab forgot he already said Jesus Christ is Jehovah , now he shift gear to triune. grin

Na which book you go copy and paste this stuff you no even understand.

14. Galatians 4:6} "Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
{15. Ephesians 1:17} "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him"

* Can your brain understand that Galatians 4:6 refers to God as "Father"/ "His" ?
Bros, "His " Na triune?
"Father" Na triune?

Ephesians 1:17, refers to God as "Father"/ "Him" .
Bros, I ask you again, is "Father" triune persons?
Is "Him", triune persons or triune spirits?

Why you no quote Matthew 3:17?

grin grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
solite3:

Did Yahweh use any other being or deity to create the world?

Someone worked beside Jehovah (Yahweh) as a craftman {Proverbs 8:30} that's the same person Jehovah was talking to when he said "let us make man in our own image" {Genesis 1:26) Trinitarians mistranslated John's account of the creation saying "in the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS with God and the word WAS God" John 1:1
But they were exposed in verse 2 which says "the one was in the beginning with God"

So the correct translation is
"in the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS with God and the word WAS a god"

Just as David correctly referred to JEHOVAH as LORD and Jesus as Lord! Psalms 110:1 smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by brocab: 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dickhead-I said: the Father the Son and the Spirit are One-so if Jehovah is coming back-then Jehovah is Jesus coming back, read it, it's even written in your bible .
NWT {Revelation 22:20} Come Lord Jesus..
Janosky:

grin grin
Brocab forgot he already said Jesus Christ is Jehovah , now he shift gear to triune. grin

Na which book you go copy and paste this stuff you no even understand.

14. Galatians 4:6} "Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
{15. Ephesians 1:17} "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him"

* Can your brain understand that Galatians 4:6 refers to God as "Father"/ "His" ?
Bros, "His " Na triune?
"Father" Na triune?

Ephesians 1:17, refers to God as "Father"/ "Him" .
Bros, I ask you again, is "Father" triune persons?
Is "Him", triune persons or triune spirits?

Why you no quote Matthew 3:17?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
solite3:
God the father called Jesus God and said Jesus throne will last forever.
Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Quote out of context Sir! cheesy

The Christ who is God's son will rule forever because we will continue to approach God's throne through his name.
That's the practical application of what you just quoted Sir! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by brocab: 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
This saves all arguments-read it from your bible, the Watchtower could even tell you which LORD is actually coming back..
.NWT {Revelation 22:20} Come Lord Jesus..
So if it's Jesus-then Jehovah is Jesus in the making's So who created all thing's...
Maximus69:

Someone worked beside Jehovah (Yahweh) as a craftman {Proverbs 8:30} that's the same person Jehovah was talking to when he said "let us make man in our own image" {Genesis 1:26) Trinitarians mistranslated John's account of the creation saying "in the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS with God and the word WAS God" John 1:1
But they were exposed in verse 2 which says "the one was in the beginning with God"

"in the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS with God and the word WAS a god"

Just as David correctly referred to JEHOVAH as LORD and Jesus as Lord! Psalms 110:1 smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
whose name is exalted above all things,

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

How can Yahweh exalt another's name above his own name.

there is only one name through which one will be saved,

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

what is the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit,
The name of Jesus.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

God exalt His word (Jesus) above all his name,

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
solite3:
whose name is exalted above all things,

How can Yahweh exalt another's name above his own name.

there is only one name through which one will be saved,

Note that when the Bible says that all things are subjected to Jesus, it does not include God as well!

1Corinthians 15:22-28:

“For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence. Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.  And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him.  But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.”

Take careful note of the bolded. Jehovah God exalted Jesus Christ above every other name. But that did not include God's name! Jesus Christ has a Superior! And that person is Jehovah God.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 12:01am On Jul 04, 2020
Maximus69:

I've answered you my guy and there's nothing left to argue about.

David did not go to heaven but he was inspired when he said
"The LORD said to my Lord" KJV Psalms 110:1
"Jehovah said to my Lord" NWT Psalms 110:1

So Jesus is Lord but according to God's word this same Jesus have a superior who is also LORD over him! 1Corinthians 11:3

After his resurrection he told one of his female followers "I am returning to my father who is your father and to my God who is also your God" John 20:17

So Jesus have a superior Sir, that's LORD before Lord! wink

You and I know you arent truthful in this response and you know why. That question is enough to unraveled what you think is a mystery in Jesus as God.

You are now in a fix to say who your Lord is. I asked you how many lord do you have, you cant answer. Is Jesus your Lord or not? Then what is Lord Lord.

See, the most fundamental of all the Law of God is given in below.

Deut 6:4
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

That is, The Lord is God and is Just One. We have only one Lord. No one else can be called your Lord except The Lord. Ask an Hebrew man he will give you a better understanding.

Jesus recalled the same also

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The Hebrew man understand this perfectly without contradictions. THE LORD, THE GOD IS ONE.

Now, Paul has helped you to understand this well in 1 Cor 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Paul showed you who the God is, and showed you who the Lord is. One God, One Lord, it is an expression derived from the above quote in (Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29). You cant have two Lords, you can only submit to one authority, one who owns you. We have One Lord, One God. And scriptures showed you expressly that That Lord and That God is One Lord, not two.

So, i asked you again
1. How many Lord so you have
2. Who is that Lord.

Sincerely, all questions i am raising for you and your folks are to constrain you to real study of your stand as i dont think you are fully ready to truly face the full theology of the concept of trinity, hence there is no need arguing over and over again. I have told you severally, that i have my reasons for not always discussing Trinity issues, as there are many things to be explained which are yet to be understood by many who read/support/argue against/contribute on trinity issues especially online, including you. And those things are fundamental, and i will take them as gradual as they come even over years if possible. I only decided to give you on this thread, a tip of some of the thought provoking questions on this issue but someday we will have a full exposition on it. Before then, you will need to keep researching and investigating my contributions on the issue for now to know how you will address them overtime.

Before then i will reiterate my position/poser:

1. Name one person in the 1st/2nd century Christians after the death of the last Apostles that preached/wrote that Jesus is an Angel. Note that there are many of them who preached Jesus as God and some of these people's history can be traced to have been directly disciple by the last Apostles, even John.

2. Name/point to a single scripture in the bible that called Jesus an Angel

3. How many Lord do we have as Christians, (b)Who is that Lord?

I trust God, we have many days ahead on NL.

Cheers.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

Note that when the Bible says that all things are subjected to Jesus, it does not include God as well!

“For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence. Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.  And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him.  But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.”

Take careful note of the bolded. Jehovah God exalted Jesus Christ above every other name. But that did not include God's name! Jesus Christ has a Superior! And that person is Jehovah God.
of course the father is not subject to the son but rather the name of Jesus is lifted above every other name.
Can Demons be casted out using Jehovah's name? No
Can anybody call on Jehovah's name be saved? No

does this not tell you that Jesus name is even more higher than Jehovah's name?
God has made it so, It does not mean God is subject to Jesus.

In fact the name the father, Son and Holy Ghost has adopted is the name Jesus.

Can you give, any instance where Jehovah's name was used in baptism? No.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2020
Maximus69:

unknown to you that LORD means Yahweh, It is not a title but God's revealed name in the old testament but kjv translated it as LORD but the Hebrew interpretation is Yahweh.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

For those who might be reading,
this verse which is also connected with Hebrews, speak of Christ as the second Adam.

Hebrews 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Christ in his human nature was crowned with glory and honour and all things was put under him.
It is the Son as a man that will be made subject unto the Father, this means that the humanity of Christ would be totally controled by his Divine nature. presently now it is not yet so. when Christ was on earth, we saw for example that Christ was limited in many ways but when he (christ the man) is made subject to the father in totality, limitations would be totally off. But this also ,means that the door of Grace would be forever locked.

Jesus is both God and man which is called the hypostatic union. These two natures are not mixed but rather are in harmony, this makes it possible for Jesus to have the qualities of an earthly man without sin and also the qualities of God. Presently, all things are subject to Christ humanity, this means that Christ functions as the mediator and high priest in heaven, and access for man to approach God.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 12:22am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:
of course the father is not subject to the son but rather the name of Jesus is lifted above every other name.
Can Demons be casted out using Jehovah's name? No
Can anybody call on Jehovah's name be saved? No

God has made it so, It does not mean God is subject to Jesus.

In fact the name the father, Son and Holy Ghost has adopted is the name Jesus.

Can you give, any instance where Jehovah's name was used in baptism? No.

I have dropped my own two cents grin
I can only plant and water, I can't make you believe.
If you want to continue believing Jesus and God are equal, fine keep doing that. And let it yield your desired results. But please, don't try to be dogmatic on this thread because the issue has already been resolved and Rozz has made her mind up about it already! What you're doing now is fruitless, a lost cause. But continue.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 12:29am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:

Can anybody call on Jehovah's name be saved?
No

Romans 10:13 reads:

“For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Which is an echo of what the prophet Joel said regarding the events at Pentecost 33C.E. and thereafter

Joel 2:32:

“And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehovah has said, The survivors whom Jehovah calls.”

Which was also repeated by the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost 33CE at Acts 2:21. smiley

You have brought another trinity version oo.. You're now saying Jesus is greater than God? grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 12:30am On Jul 04, 2020
Liposure:
the trinity doctrine is one of the most controversial tenets of christianity if not the most. In john 3:16 jesus makes reference 2 himself being his father's only begotten son. Also in one other occasion in the bible, he acknowledged the superiority of god the father over him. Is jesus wrong. Clearly, there is a mixup somewhere

Yes clearly there is a mix up and that mix up firstly stemmed from the fact that you are mixing Jesus divinity with humanity.
Jesus is a name of a man, not a name of a God. A man born. When you see words like Christ, Jesus, Emmanuel they represent man and that man has to be born, hence a Father who is God, why? Child of the HolyGhost. That is a revelation in humanity.

So looking for Christ divinity in humanity is the first error of those who mixes and misses the fact that Jesus as God must be seen/seeked in divinity not in his humanity. In humanity, he had laid down his glory, his person (Phil 2:5-6), he is born, he grew, slept, cried, tired, died, these are attribute you found in man not God. God cant die, cant sleep nor grew.

So, to see who Jesus is before his humanity, you must look at the explanation of his divinity not his humanity. Trinity is a revelation seen in God's salvation for man.

That is the start point.
Hope this help.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

Which is an echo of what the prophet Joel said regarding the events at Pentecost 33C.E. and thereafter

“And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehovah has said, The survivors whom Jehovah calls.”

Which was also repeated by the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost 33CE at Acts 2:21. smiley

You have brought another trinity version oo.. You're now saying Jesus is greater than God? grin grin cheesy

where did you see Jehovah in Romans 10 v13
◄ Romans 10:13 ►

Romans 10 - Click for Chapter

Pas
Πᾶς
Whoever
gar
γὰρ
for
hos
ὃς
that
an
ἂν
 - 

epikalesētai
ἐπικαλέσηται
shall call upon

to
τὸ
the
onoma
ὄνομα
name

Kyriou
Κυρίου
of [the] Lord

N-sōthēsetai
σωθήσεται  .
will be saved
V-FIP-3S
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 12:39am On Jul 04, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

You sef, I know no which one you dey.

I said give me the features of the ONLY TRUE GOD that you know from the Bible.

Till now I have not received any.

You said if person fall before his village elders, it doesn't mean he's worshipping the village elders, right?

QUESTIONS:

Why then do you call angels and contemporary believers who are falling before Jesus as idol worshippers?

2. Are you saying nobody (trinitarian) is worshipping Jesus?

They're paying homage?

In a clear terms, trinitarians are paying homage to Jesus not that they are worshipping Jesus.

Is that what you are saying?

3. Who/what is the idol that the worshipers
are worshipping?

Below is what I learned from Matthew 4:10 and John 12:26:

JESUS SAID HIMSELF IS THE TRUE GOD:

*. Matthew 4:10 says
"KJV:Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, AND HIM ONLY SHALT THOU SERVE.

*. John 12:26 "KJV:If any MAN SERVE ME, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any MAN SERVE ME, him will my Father honour.

NOTE, He said ONLY the Lord your God you will serve,

He then said IF any man SERVE Him the Father will honour such a person.

He didn't say 'God will honour him' in this verse but 'Father will honour him'.

Because He had assumed His office as God in that verse.

He said ONLY God you have to serve, and said afterward SERVE ME.

In other words, He is saying I AM THE LORD THY GOD only whom you shall serve.

I have shown you how the people were only saying 'it is the voice of God'

and the man to whom they said it was killed by angel.

What about the king of Babylon?

He was at a point referred to as king of Kings.

He spent some years in the bush for giving himself the glory due God.

God said and meant it that He won't give His glory to another.

But you and your organization want to force us to believe that Jesus is another.

Acts 12:22 "KJV:And the people gave a shout, saying, It IS THE VOICE OF A GOD, and not of a man.
KJV:And immediately the ANGEL OF THE LORD SMOTE HIM, BECAUSE HE GAVE NOT GOD THE GLORY: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Janosky, the word translated a god in acts 12:22 is the same with the one in John 1:1.

Whether human beings translated it 'a god' or 'God' i.e separating it with small letter g and big letter G.

Heaven knows it means the true God!

GOD CAN NEVER GIVE HIS GLORY TO ANOTHER!

JESUS IS NOT ANOTHER!!

*. ISAIAH 47:11 "
KJV:For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I WILL NOT GIVE MY GLORY UNTO ANOTHER.

*. Acts 12: 23 "
KJV:And immediately THE ANGEL OF THE LORD SMOTE HIM, BECAUSE HE GAVE NOT GOD THE GLORY: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

That which angels are doing, Thomas did, Stephen did, Paul and Peter did; that is what I'm doing.

AM I WORSHIPPING JESUS OR I'M PAYING HOMAGE TO JESUS?
Bros, your post too long, abeg ..

Does your son have your features?
If yes,
Is your Son, KNOWMORE56 ?
If I give to your Son what is EXCLUSIVELY yours, how would you feel ?

You made reference to Revelation 5:8. Let's see why your claim "Jesus IS NOT ANOTHER", Jesus is God himself ' is unscriptural....

Everybody knows Jesus Christ is the Lamb in Revelations...

6Then I saw a Lamb who appeared to have been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which represent the seven Spiritsa of God sent out into all the earth. 7And He came and took the scroll from the right hand of the One seated on the throne.

My Questions, for Verse 6&7,
Bros, Who gave the scroll to the Lamb?
Who is the One seated on the throne ?

8When He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9And they sang a new song:

“Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals,

because You were slain,

and by Your blood You purchased for God

those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

10You have made them to be a kingdom

and priests to serve our God,

and they will reign upon the earth.”

Questions for Verse 9 & 10, is the Lamb "our God"?
"Who is "our God"?

The Lamb Exalted

11Then I looked, and I heard the voices of many angels and living creatures and elders encircling the throne, and their number was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands. 12In a loud voice they were saying:

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,

to receive power and riches

and wisdom and strength

and honor and glory and blessing!”

13And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

To Him who sits on the throne

and to the Lamb

be praise and honor and glory and power

forever and ever"

Questions on Verse 13..
Bros, who is Him who sits on the throne"?

Bros, Who exalted the Lamb?

Bros, in John 12:26, is Strong's Greek 1247 meaning worship?
Person wey minister for Church dey worship the church?

Shalom

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 12:46am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:
For those who might be reading,
this verse which is also connected with Hebrews, speak of Christ as the second Adam.

Hebrews 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Christ in his human nature was crowned with glory and honour and all things was put under him.
It is the Son as a man that will be made subject unto the Father, this means that the humanity of Christ would be totally controled by his Divine nature. presently now it is not yet so. when Christ was on earth, we saw for example that Christ was limited in many ways but when he (christ the man) is made subject to the father in totality, limitations would be totally off. But this also ,means that the door of Grace would be forever locked.

First get a Bible translation that doesn't superstitiously hide God's name - Jehovah. So you can grasp the difference between Jehovah and Jesus.
God's name Jehovah appeared more than 7,000times in the original Hebrew and Greek scriptures.
The scribes and most Bible translators had this belief that God's name shouldn't be pronounced or said out loud. Meanwhile Jehovah himself wanted people to know his name in the Bible (Exodus 3:14,15, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 42:8,54:5, Ezekiel 38:22)

In attempt to hide God's name, they replaced his name with titles, “Jehovah God” was replaced with “The LORD GOD” , “Jehovah of armies” was replaced with “The LORD of hosts”
Solite3 that's why Psalm 110:1 is confusing to you. You think it's one person talking to himself.
Rather it's Jehovah speaking to Jesus, his Son. It's that simple. Do not complicate things further.

Meanwhile all the other worthless gods in the Bible such as Ashtoreth, Baal, Chemosh were all mentioned as gods of the nations then but Satan pushed his propaganda so the scribes and Bible translators will hide God's name - Jehovah but his plan has failed! His name has been rediscovered for quite some time now and his people Jehovah's Witnesses have been worshiping him in spirit and truth ever since (John 4:24)

Also, do get a translation that makes use of modern English and uses the real words found at John 1:1 and 1John 5:7. Those are just plots for the Bible translators to push forward their trinity doctrine. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by johnw47: 12:46am On Jul 04, 2020
Rozz:
Im suspecting you

pranoid ie lie rozz

who are you suspecting him of this time

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 12:48am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:

where did you see Jehovah in Romans 10 v13
◄ Romans 10:13 ►

Romans 10 - Click for Chapter

Pas
Πᾶς
Whoever
gar
γὰρ
for
hos
ὃς
that
an
ἂν
 - 

epikalesētai
ἐπικαλέσηται
shall call upon

to
τὸ
the
onoma
ὄνομα
name

Kyriou
Κυρίου
of [the] Lord

N-sōthēsetai
σωθήσεται  .
will be saved
V-FIP-3S

Okay, it was quoted directly from prophet Joel at Joel 2:32.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by johnw47: 12:50am On Jul 04, 2020
fairheart:
Hey dude, don't ever mention me again. You can continue in your argument with those you think you are scripturally better than and win the souls of those you assume have been affected for not agreeing with your Trinity, but don't mention me. You've got the entire time in the universe to continue in your dogmatic crusade!

laugh, you can say he is wrong

but how dare he say you are

happy dreams smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

To wit,

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

cheesy
DappaD:

You have brought another trinity version oo.. You're now saying Jesus is greater than God? grin grin
To wit,

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

grin
you see that Jesus is the kyrios they were calling on.

I know where you are driving at, you will evenutally prove that Jesus is Jehovah.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 12:56am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:
The blood of Jesus is called God's own blood.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jesus is Almighty God

John 3:16 Jesus Christ says Acts 20:28 rendition you're parade here is a corrupted texts.
After extensive research, Bible Scholars agree it is spurious grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 1:00am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:
To wit,

cheesy To wit,

grin
you see that Jesus is the kyrios they were calling on.

[s]I know where you are driving at, you will evenutally prove that Jesus is Jehovah.[/s]

cheesy
I said Romans 10:13 was quoted directly from Joel 2:32 and you're still arguing, okay oo sorry your own have pass me.
The words I've stricken out are what I wouldn't do even if a gun was pointed to my head.

Now, refer to Matthew 12:18,21 and Acts 4:12 because Jesus is our only channel to God, that's why it's through him that we can be saved.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

Okay, it was quoted directly from prophet Joel at Joel 2:32.

cheesy yes Joel 2: 32.

you have just agreed that Jesus is Jehovah, grin

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

these verses was said to Jesus right? grin
wait a minute,

The above verse was taken from psalm 102, which was obviously, talking of Jehovah,

Psalms 102:24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.

102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by johnw47: 1:05am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:
The blood of Jesus is called God's own blood.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jesus is Almighty God

commentary:

which he hath purchased with his own blood; which being the blood not only of a pure and innocent man, but of one that is truly and properly God as well as man, was a sufficient ransom price to redeem the church and people of God from sin, the law, its curse and condemnation: so that this is no inconsiderable proof of the true and proper deity of Christ; and contains a fresh argument, or reason, why the flock of God and "church of Christ", as the Syriac version reads; or "the church of the Lord and God", as in five of Beza's exemplars: or "of the Lord God", as the Arabic version, should be taken heed unto and fed; because it must needs be dear to God and Christ, and precious to them, since so great a price has been paid for it. The purchaser is God, Christ who is God over all, blessed for ever, not a creature; that could never have made such a purchase, it could not have purchased a single sheep or lamb in this flock, no man can redeem his brother, or give to God a ransom for him, much less the whole flock; but Christ being God, was able to make such a purchase, and he has actually made it, and given a sufficient price for it; not to Satan, with whom these sheep were a prey, and from whom they are taken in virtue of the ransom given; but to God, from whom they strayed, against whom they sinned, and whose law they broke; and this price was not silver and gold, nor men, nor people: but Christ himself, his life and blood; and which were his "own", the human nature, the blood of which was shed, and its life given being in union with his divine person, and was in such sense his own, the property of the Son of God, as the life and blood of no mere man are theirs: and this purchase now being made in this way, and by such means, is a very proper one; it is not made without price, but with an invaluable one; and it is a legal purchase, a valuable consideration being given for it, perfectly equivalent to it; and therefore is a complete one, there is nothing wanting to make it more firm, it is a finished purchase; and it is a very peculiar one, it is a peculiar people that are purchased, called the purchased possession, Eph_1:14 and a peculiar price which is paid for it; there is no other of the same kind, nor any thing like it, and it is made by a peculiar person, one that is God and man in one person.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

I said Romans 10:13 was quoted directly from Joel 2:32 and you're still arguing, okay oo sorry your own have pass me.
The words I've stricken out are what I wouldn't do even if a gun was pointed to my head.

Now, refer to Matthew 12:18,21 and Acts 4:12 because Jesus is our only channel to God, that's why it's through him that we can be saved.

you mean you can't honour Jehovah's word even if a gun was pointed on head?
cheesy
Trinitarians has solid evidence from the bible and that is all that matters
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 1:10am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:

[s] cheesy yes Joel 2: 32.

you have just agreed that Jesus is Jehovah, grin

1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

these verses was said to Jesus right? grin
wait a minute,

The above verse was taken from psalm 102, which was obviously, talking of Jehovah,

Psalms 102:24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.

102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.[/s]
Romans 10:13
“For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” but we pray through Jesus because he is the only channel to God(John 14:6)
Ultimately we are calling on the name of Jehovah, but doing so through Jesus' name!
I think you've finally roped yourself, because all I've been saying are very easy to grasp. But you go about picking scriptures here and there that you do not understand and that have been mistranslated and come here to present it like you're saying something. You've lost tongue
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 1:13am On Jul 04, 2020
solite3:

[s]you mean you can't honour Jehovah's word even if a gun was pointed on head?[/s]
cheesy
[s] Trinitarians has solid evidence from the bible and that is all that matters [/s]
As usual, you'll say crap after one tries bringing you to the light.
Now, let your trinity dog guide you to the fountains of everlasting life. Have a good night.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 04, 2020
johnw47:

commentary:

which he hath purchased with his own blood; which being the blood not only of a pure and innocent man, but of one that is truly and properly God as well as man, was a sufficient ransom price to redeem the church and people of God from sin, the law, its curse and condemnation: so that this is no inconsiderable proof of the true and proper deity of Christ; and contains a fresh argument, or reason, why the flock of God and "church of Christ", as the Syriac version reads; or "the church of the Lord and God", as in five of Beza's exemplars: or "of the Lord God", as the Arabic version, should be taken heed unto and fed; because it must needs be dear to God and Christ, and precious to them, since so great a price has been paid for it. The purchaser is God, Christ who is God over all, blessed for ever, not a creature; that could never have made such a purchase, it could not have purchased a single sheep or lamb in this flock, no man can redeem his brother, or give to God a ransom for him, much less the whole flock; but Christ being God, was able to make such a purchase, and he has actually made it, and given a sufficient price for it; not to Satan, with whom these sheep were a prey, and from whom they are taken in virtue of the ransom given; but to God, from whom they strayed, against whom they sinned, and whose law they broke; and this price was not silver and gold, nor men, nor people: but Christ himself, his life and blood; and which were his "own", the human nature, the blood of which was shed, and its life given being in union with his divine person, and was in such sense his own, the property of the Son of God, as the life and blood of no mere man are theirs: and this purchase now being made in this way, and by such means, is a very proper one; it is not made without price, but with an invaluable one; and it is a legal purchase, a valuable consideration being given for it, perfectly equivalent to it; and therefore is a complete one, there is nothing wanting to make it more firm, it is a finished purchase; and it is a very peculiar one, it is a peculiar people that are purchased, called the purchased possession, Eph_1:14 and a peculiar price which is paid for it; there is no other of the same kind, nor any thing like it, and it is made by a peculiar person, one that is God and man in one person.
the evidences are too heavy, no wonder new world translation is a junk due to editions upon editions. The more they edit the more evidences of Christ deity and in extension trinity surfaces.
No man can fight God, Paul tried it and today he is one of the greatest apostles who spread the gospel.

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by johnw47: 1:19am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

You're just a jobless buffoon! cheesy

did DrLiveLogic say he doesn't have a job?

DappaD:
Does this idiot think JW's have his time?

plenty of false jw's replying to him, just not answering the simple questions

DappaD:
Come on go and sleep inside gutter young man cheesy

you false jw's falsely accuse and lie like hell
and so confused too

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 04, 2020
DappaD:

Romans 10:13
“For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” but we pray through Jesus because he is the only channel to God(John 14:6)
Ultimately we are calling on the name of Jehovah, but doing so through Jesus' name!
I think you've finally roped yourself, because all I've been saying are very easy to grasp. But you go about picking scriptures here and there that you do not understand and that have been mistranslated and come here to present it like you're saying something. You've lost tongue

cheesy there is no mention of Jehovah in Romans but kyrios which means Lord,

It was the name of Jesus the disciples was preaching

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. cheesy

so it was Jesus name that was preached and called upon for salvation, not Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by KNOWMORE56: 4:28am On Jul 04, 2020
hoopernikao:

JUST A REMINDER: I am yet to have response to my two questions for the past 3-4 weeks. Please admit or answer.
1. Mention just one person in church history (1st/2nd century) after the last Apostle that preached Jesus is Angel.
2. Show me a text that said Jesus is Angel. Please dont forget because i will add one more in this post.

Now to answer you

You know many times i have wondered whether you read post at all before commenting. If you did, there are things you wont be putting in your reply. You need to develop the attitude of reading others well before commenting.

Now read this again, i will give you summary of what i wrote.

When you say Jesus, Son and then say again that he cant be God, it is either you arent reading what you are typing. Jesus is a name of a man not a name of a God, Son implies there is a Father. Hence, the statement should let you know that that referred to Christ humanity not divinity, hence he is subjected to flesh. Jesus regularlyy called himself "son of man". That is a man.

Hence,
He worshiped, God dont worship God
He has a Father
He is submissive even unto death. God dont die.

So, it is lack of knowledge to be asking if Jesus worship, or referred to God as Father. Be bold in understanding. God became man, means he is man, ma, man. Hope that help you. So, stop asking questions of Christ humanity to judge his divinity.

The word became FLESH that is JESUS (John 1:14). The flesh is what is called Jesus. He has to be born as man to take up the name. Hence,the son, is as related to human.

God wont dwell with man as God, Emmanuel means God with us. With us mean, God with us in the Flesh, that is Jesus. So, the revelation of the Son is in his humanity not in his divinity.

Christ means anointed one, God cannot be anointed, it takes man, flesh to be anointed. hence Jesus Christ mean, a man anointed, not a God anointed.

So, how will this help you.

Whenever you see Jesus call the father, call God, worship God, that is to affirm his humanity. Man was created to worship God. God doesn't worship God or himself. God became man (Jesus) for your sake hence, he (Jesus, man) has a FatherGod because Christ now mean God in flesh hence, he must have a beginning, a birth, a growing up (God dont grow up), he was tired, he cried, he slept, God dont. So, you see man in Jesus. Those are realities of humanities. The reason he has to be man is for you and i. Man sin, man must be punished, make sacrifice for sin offering to save man.

You now need to be smart to know what Jesus is in humanity, and what Jesus is in divinity. The question at hand here is WHAT IS THE DIVINITY OF JESUS. hos humanity is clear.

So, who was Christ before he came in flesh? the bible language is clear enough to answer you.

Now, kindly give me answers to this as i see you guys always avoiding question s.

1 Cor 8:5
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

A modification of the verses will be.
...as there be gods many, But to us there is but one God
...as there be lords many, But to us there is but one Lord, Christ.

So,
1. How many Lord do you have?
2. Who is that Lord?

thanks for copying Rozz

I think he knows what you are saying, but because of some ' benefits' he gets from the organization,

he will never be honest.

They have sworn an oath with the organization,

The fear of the consequences of the oath is the chain that bind him.

THE GB SMARTLY SET THEM AGAINST ALMIGHTY JESUS, THE ONLY TRUE GOD WHO COULD HAVE SET THEM FREE!

the guy has made up his mind to damn the consequences of all the lies the organization has offered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (237) (Reply)

Church Of Luminants In USA: End Time Church / Christian Songs / RCCG Prophecies For 2020 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.