Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,890 members, 7,949,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation (676 Views)

Multiple Births: Lagos Gives Financial Support To Parents / Nuchal Cord Births And Its Interpretation In The Igala And Yoruba Culture / Nigeria Records 800,000 Preterm Births Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation by Bigbako(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2020
The Yoruba race call them "Oke"
Igala call them "Oma Tabotabo"
They are the babies who were forced out of the coziness of the amniotic sac. They came with the bag of water completely unbroken or partially broken.
The medical practitioners call this kind of complication "The En-Caul Birth". It is also called the “veiled birth.” This rare thing of beauty happens in 1 out of 80,000 births.
But In the Yoruba & Igala Culture, these kids are a mystery and failure to attach any reverence to their nature would spell doom & misfortunes to the Parents.
But if worshipped and praised for the mystery that they are believed to be, it is said that their presence in a household ushers in prosperity & affluence.
Oke or Tabotabo Babies are traditionally believed to be Supernatural children. Hence, the yoruba saying:
.....Translated
"Oke are tied by the deities and no human on earth should dare untie it"
Some people call "Births" a wonderful experience.
yes! fine!
If Births are a wonderful experience then the "En Caul Birth" is a Miracle!
#TradoCulturalBirths
with
Huncle Bako

1 Like

Re: En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation by IceLip(f): 3:28pm On May 27, 2020
hmm
Re: En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation by illicit(m): 3:46pm On May 27, 2020
Wow.
Re: En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation by Mrkcee(m): 5:43am On May 28, 2020
Wow, informative... In Igbo culture, I don't think there's any underlying significance or beliefs. However, the advent of modern day medicine and midwifery practices have explained lots of mysteries.
Re: En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation by Bigbako(m): 7:49pm On May 28, 2020
Mrkcee:
Wow, informative... In Igbo culture, I don't think there's any underlying significance or beliefs. However, the advent of modern day medicine and midwifery practices have explained lots of mysteries.

absolutely correct.... African cultures automatically extend supernatural beliefs to happenings they can't explain.
Re: En Caul Births And Its Trado-cultural Interpretation by verminnel(f): 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2023
My second son was born en caul

(1) (Reply)

Breast Cancer Consciousness – Identify The Risk Factors For Breast Cancer / HELP!! I Can't Smell Anything / My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.