Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,811 members, 7,889,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:21 PM

Men In Sheep's Clothing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men In Sheep's Clothing (159 Views)

False Preachers Who Come In Sheep Clothing / The Username Jesusjnr Is A Wolf In Sheep Clothing / 7 Recognizable Traits Of Wolves In Sheep's Clothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Men In Sheep's Clothing by davidinchrist(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2020
The Bible says the devil and his servants (False Pastors/Prophets) usually assume the form of the true LIGHT in other to "perfectly" DECEIVE:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 KJV
And no marvel; for Satan himself is TRANSFORMED into an angel of LIGHT.

[15] Therefore it is no great thing IF HIS MINISTERS also be TRANSFORMED as the ministers of righteousness...

Surely, many would not be easily fooled to ACCEPT a full glass of POISON; however, it would rather take God's Grace to have discernment to REJECT, when FEW drops of that same poison is injected in a fruit (say an Apple, for instance).

Likewise, many wouldn't be fooled EASILY if the devil and his servants come with a gospel with strange patterns: different bibles, terminologies/names, doctrines, beliefs, etc. Of course, they know that not many would be deceived with such, that's why they need to use the SHEEP'S CLOTHING (Correct/Mixed doctrines) to "skillfully" deceive MANY, and even the Elects if possible:

Matthew 7:15 KJV
Beware of FALSE PROPHETS, which come to you in SHEEP'S CLOTHING, but INWARDLY they are ravening WOLVES.
(mainly to BITE your Money and Attention)

Sheep's clothing simply means the use of the correct things: Bible, Names, Doctrines, etc.

Now, remember WE SHALL know them by their FRUITS: Not by their Correct Doctrines, Signs and Wonders/Miracles, Bible Knowledge, Prosperity, Mega- Churches, and other things the False Pastors/Churches use to ARREST most people's HEARTS today.

"Take heed that NO ONE Deceives you", was the FIRST thing Jesus mentioned when asked about the Signs of the End of the World (See Matt. 24:4)

Therefore, Deceptions or Lies of Devil/Pastors is NOT to be joked with: if we're Serious, though.

Unfortunately, many (if not most) of our beloved Pastors/Prophets are subtly in Sheep's Clothing; hence, many of us are still Victims. And we are victims because we are not particularly Serious about Jesus/Eternal Life.

Our priorities are most times Wrong: Exalting Pastors above the Bible and the Holy Spirit, and sometimes exalting the Pastor and the Bible above Jesus himself: equally wrong.

About their Fruits: many of these Great Preachers we respect so much are NOT Disciples of Jesus, hence, the followers too are NOT.

Because we CAN'T BE ABOVE our Masters. We'll become like them sooner or later.

Before we can consider a Person as a True Servant of God, first, we need to know the Scriptures really well to see the REAL LIFE of Jesus, and people like Paul (Acts 17:11):

1 Cor. 4:16
Wherefore I beseech you, be ye FOLLOWERS of me.

1 Cor. 11:1
Be ye followers of me, EVEN AS I ALSO am of Christ.

NOT many Religious Men/Church leaders can honestly say what was said up there.

Second, what's these Men's attitude to Money/Material things? Is he Christlike or the other way round?

If he's out to Major MORE on some MIXED Old Covenant gospel, especially on Tithing/First fruits to make Money; and also major on Healing, Signs and Wonders to attract GREAT CROWDS of people, then I would Turn Away. 2 Tim. Chap. 3

Jesus and his Apostles taught Cheerful Giving, Not Tithing, First fruits, etc. (See Matt. 5:42, Luke 6:38, 2 Cor 9:7)

2 Corinthians 9:7
...NOT grudgingly, or of necessity: for God LOVES a Cheerful Giver.

Also, what's his attitude to the Honour of Men/Popularity?

If he doesn't preach strongly against Sins/Worldliness to avoid LOSING his Members, then he's not of Jesus.

Jesus and his true followers couldn't care less for people leaving them in any case, because they are not out to make Money through Tithes and Offerings. (See John 6:66, 1 John 2:19)

Lastly, I wouldn't follow Pastors/Prophets dabbling into Politics. Because Jesus and his apostles loved and respected people in such, BUT didn't HOLD hands with them. See Luke 13:31-32, Rev. Chapters 17 and 18

1 John 2:6 KJV
He that saith he abideth in HIM ought himself ALSO so to WALK, even as HE Walked.

No doubt, many will not be pleased with many things here BUT:

Galatians 1:10 KJV
... do I seek to Please Men? for if I yet pleased Men, I should NOT be the SERVANT of Christ.

Lastly:

Matthew 24:24 KJV
For there shall Arise False Christs, and FALSE PROPHETS, and shall shew GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT.

Let's beware men; even good men, only Jesus is Good:
Romans 3:4 KJV
... yea, let God be TRUE, but Every Man a LIAR; as it is written...

Miracles, Prosperity, Signs and Wonders; and even Correct Doctrines should not be more important than the Life of Jesus and His Words (as in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), otherwise, we would get TERRIBLY DECEIVED by these Strong Men.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Men In Sheep's Clothing by davidinchrist(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2020
2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For THE TIME WILL COME when they will not ENDURE sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves TEACHERS, HAVING ITCHING EARS;

[4] And they shall TURN AWAY THEIR EARS from the Truth, and shall be TURNED unto Fables.

(1) (Reply)

"I Can't Breathe!": Minneapolis Black Man Dies After Police Confrontation / Where Others Fail / Follow And Work On Your Passion - Gloria Bamiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.