Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,848 members, 7,876,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

Former Tottenham Coach ‘ Harry Redknapp Linked As The Next Coach Of Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Tottenham Coach ‘ Harry Redknapp Linked As The Next Coach Of Super Eagles (270 Views)

William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer / Mourinho Sacked As Tottenham Coach / Tottenham Coach Pochettino Cries During His Post-match Interview(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Tottenham Coach ‘ Harry Redknapp Linked As The Next Coach Of Super Eagles by Bharekta: 12:47am On May 28, 2020
English football manager, Harry Redknapp, 77, has been linked as the next coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

A source from the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports told the UK Star : “The feeling is Harry Redknapp will be coming to manage Nigeria soon.’’

Redknapp, who previously managed AFC Bournemouth, West Ham United, Portsmouth, Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur, Queens Park Rangers and Birmingham City could replace Gernot Rohr, who has been in charge of Nigeria since 2016.

This comes days after Rohr confirmed that he had been offered a new contract to remain the head coach of the Super Eagles for the next two years and a half. Although, the NFF haven’t confirmed or deny the new deal.

In a statement to The Cable, the German football manager, 66, said: “Yes, I can confirm that we found an agreement with NFF to continue our collaboration for two and half years.”

“I want to say thank you to the Nigeria Football Federation, led by President Amaju Pinnick, the board and of course the General Secretary for their confidence in me to continue in this job.

“It is not common to have a country with the same national coach for what will be six years and this will be made possible because of the support of the federation, the government of Nigeria and our team.

“We have a big project in front of us. We have the quality and with the continued cooperation of everyone concerned, including the fans and good people of Nigeria, I believe we will have a good result that will spell great development for football in Nigeria in the future.”

SOURCE: THE CABLE, https://bluebloodz.com/index.php/2020/05/28/former-tottenham-coach-harry-redknapp-linked-as-the-next-coach-of-super-eagles/

Cc semid4lyfe, honeric01

Re: Former Tottenham Coach ‘ Harry Redknapp Linked As The Next Coach Of Super Eagles by MightySparrow: 12:59am On May 28, 2020
77 years?! Our grandfather who art in heaven! this was Pele's coach in the 1960s

1 Like

Re: Former Tottenham Coach ‘ Harry Redknapp Linked As The Next Coach Of Super Eagles by Swealy: 5:13am On May 28, 2020
I heard the rumors too
He could bring wealth of experience tactically and general team management with yobo as a assistant it looks good
But NFF will pursue him away with greed and corruption

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Talks Over €30m Corona Confirmed By Agent But Mexican Star Could Be ‘opt / Don't Take Leipzig Home As They Win On The Road Again 4 - 2 / Man City 'want Ben Chilwell As Guardiola Considers New Role For Zinchenko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.