Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

Marriage: Before And After - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Before And After (60756 Views)

Do We Still Have Guys Who Can Wait Till Marriage Before Sex / 7 Most Important Secret You Need To Know About Marriage Before Saying Yes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Liposure: 4:18pm On May 28, 2020
Ingriid:

Oh! U men really brought out d right words out of my mouth.
I tell u what, finance plays a very big role in a successful marriage. To my friends, sisters and ladies around me I tell them it’s good to be a wife, infact very good, to be a mother is one of d blessings in d world, d tot of bringing a baby to this world tickles my fancy. Trust me that is not just enough for a woman. A woman should not and never be comfortable to just be a mother or a wife.

I will forever use women like omotola, Beyoncé, Ngozi Okonkwo-Iwela and d late Dora Akunyili(RIP) as my role models. God created us for a purpose and we should strive to fill it.

To d men also, why be in a hurry to get married when u are not settled financially, by been settled, I’m not saying u should have millions in ur account but just be settled enough to take care of ur family. ( we both should do exploits in our marriage)

Going forward, men men should bring
God, give me sumbody like ingrid
Re: Marriage: Before And After by duality(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2020
Righteousness89:

1. I am Married

2. If you are Privileged to Hear GOD for your Spouse, you will understand what it Means to Live Strugglessly and Stresslessly.

Hearing From God in Marriage does not mean you may not see Challenges.. Challenges may come Put HE will lead you out of it. You will Enjoy Divine Solutions in your Home..

You may not even know how but you will see things Be Solved ..

GOD is not Committed to where he did not Send you!

What I put out is From my Personal Experience...

So those who succumbed to the challenges, never heard from God?

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by UjuJoan2: 4:28pm On May 28, 2020
crackkhaus:

Ahh, even you? shocked

I'm just saying what I feel sometimes, what's so terrible about that?

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Liposure: 4:29pm On May 28, 2020
canDy4eva:

It's only a FOOL that says in his heart "there is no God"...
u hav no right 2 call him a fool. Dats his opinion. am a xtian too
Re: Marriage: Before And After by UjuJoan2: 4:30pm On May 28, 2020
FGonline:
Hahahahaha

God bless u 4bn honest
Imagine If he was not libral?

I would have been a divorcee by now, no doubt!

5 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by duality(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2020
bethyz:
Marriage is sweet when you marry someone you love. Not just on your side you guys just have a relationship friendship that keeps the thing going. You see him every morning and still attracted to him or her. You see him outside just coming from a far distance and within you you are proud this is my husband/wife

Marriage has its challenges but dont take things too seriously. Loosen up. Open your heart to love. Play tease each other . Be each others companion. Marry who you love. If you love chubby lady or man go for them. If you love fair guys go for them if you like them short good. Dont marry someone with others preference. Marry what you will look at for the rest of your life and still be happy you made the right decision. Even when they wrong you . You still want to stick around and make it work. You dont suddenly wake up and you feel irritated with there presence. When love is one sided its bad. That is what causes breakup. One person is fed up the other is trying to make it work at the end they work out. But if love is mutual . You just work it out together.

I dont no what eles keep marriage but 4 years counting still inlove with my spouse.

Have you considered that people's preference do change?

How are you sure you will keep loving what you claim to like about a person in future.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by FatCock: 4:38pm On May 28, 2020
Idyat...
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Liposure: 4:38pm On May 28, 2020
Marriage itself is against human nature. How can u stick with one person forever
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 4:39pm On May 28, 2020
FatCock:
Idyat...

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Chiebunigom1(f): 4:40pm On May 28, 2020
zeb04:
At one point in marriage, the hot sex and mushy mushy disappears what is left is Respect and Friendship.

I use to worry about this word FRIENDSHIP. I wanted to force it on my husband coz I heard a lot a out it.

In my head friendship is talking and laughing 24/7. But my husband is "fluent in silence" content in just laying down and saying nothing.So I felt we didn't have friendship. But now I know better.

2ndly I believed only a Christian man can give you a good marriage. By Christian i mean going to church 2/3 times a week, participating in church activities, doing morning devotion and all,

A man with a good moral compass and also give you a good home. Don't force all of that on your partner. I still do devotions with my kids but go to church every Sunday (with my husband but I don't force him for this one. Secretly I think he is doing it as family bonding time not really for anything else. I will take it)

your marriage must not be like everyone else. I and my husband separated for 6 months when we hit our rough paths(every one said, in marriage you must stick together to work it out blah blah blah. ) how can yoh work it out in the same situation that is choking you. Even at work they give you leave days.

You cannot work it out in that situation. You need to take a break and look at it from the outside. If not you will completely get irritated and start to hold a grudge.

Nawaoo grin ,see how you just described both my early marriage expectations and present situation.
Looks like we both married two different men but with the same personality cheesy
The church going part got me laughing, seriously I only realized that it is some sort of family bonding time for my husband about two years ago. He may not be religious, but he is Godly.
This year is our 10th year anniversary.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by chlowi(f): 4:43pm On May 28, 2020
smiley
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Righteousness89(m): 4:44pm On May 28, 2020
duality:

So those who succumbed to the challenges, never heard from God?

Nobody will Naturally Succum !

There is what u enjoy when you go by Divine Direction...

You can't even Explain it! But you see it !

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by shakespere: 4:51pm On May 28, 2020
I have been married for 14+ years and would like to share the following without long epistel. I am very happy in my marriage, the danger is your response during the low season.

- Listen to your spouse, it's not about you alone, even if they sound unreasonable. Negotiate with fun

- During fights or disagreement watch what you say, it is never forgotten. Avoid roforofo fight, you are family

- Temperament and communication is key. I am tired, sorry I don't feel like talking, do you mind if I sleep early? Show care. Bad day at work, remove it before you get home and communicate it to your partner so he leaves you alone or can understand if you snap.

- Always ask yourself will I like this?

- Turn arguments to joke: If my wife say something's I just say, I be your mate? I no get power for fight this night, I don declare you winner, I no you sturbborn pass me, ok no vex my wife, e be like your eye de shook this night make I leave you.

- Accept changes. wife may not be very experimental again, negotiate once in a while make extra effort to get her aroused. She probably have peaked and the man is still peaking.
A certain day I went to a concert with my wife (2 face, davido, asa, KSA, etc) middle of it she says, what am I doing here, mother of 3, out by past 11pm thinking about her children instead of fun.
Outing like bar etc, does not enjoy it again, the younger girls in skimpgy get disapproving looks and caution my spending infront my friends, so I try to find a reason to go with my friends n bring her package home.

Bottom line, respect, care, patience, help tour wife (kitchen, career etc) , apologies even when wrong for peace n peace of mind, listen, be truthful, earn her trust, angry? call her inside n tell her your mind, no de shout, you de yeye yourself, remove third parties, you are both adults, manage your affairs. Finance, no hide, show her and this is what you want to spend. And pray. Even the maddest woman go calm, if you no wan fight.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Before And After by WudBMother: 4:53pm On May 28, 2020
15years by November. It requires work. Just make up your mind that is for life.

You and your spouse will change. Change with change.
For instance I was very slim, now I look pregnant. Hubby also has a pouch.
I loved traveling now a home body.
Plenty sex vs whenever.
I used to call a lot whenever we are apart, now I can go a full day without any contact and I am not worried because I know who I am with.

So long there is no abuse, work with God and flow along. Communication and trust is key.

Every marriage is different, pay attention and find what works for you.

Love is not enough. Commitment is key. Even when you heard from God, if you don't work on it, the marriage can fail.

You will argue, have shouting matches, not agree on every decision, there will be challenges, there will be poke nosing from external parties , but if you have it at the back of your mind that this a union for life you will prevail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Before And After by franugo(m): 5:00pm On May 28, 2020
Hathor5:

Teacher is very ok. cool
Wish I had a teacher like you back in the day. kiss

What was wrong with the one you had?
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Ryocaj(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2020
It will end in tears
Re: Marriage: Before And After by KoolBigk(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2020
Marriage is sweet when you marry a reasonable partner who is always there for you, come rain, come sun shine!

I have been married for over 5 years with kids & still balling, looking forward to many more years with my partner.

Life itself isn't bed of roses , but what you make out of every situations' matters a lot. Yes, we disagree & argue at times but we never allowed all that to change or define us!

I tell the young folks, it's best to fall in love with both of your head/sense & heart. Sadly, most people fall in love today with just their heart. So, When your heart is leading you south 'cos you blinded with love, your head can call you back home.

Have it in mind, love alone is not sufficient to make marriage works. There many other essential factors aside love like compatibility, truthfulness, compassionate, compromising & the likes. Above all the fear of God.

I see based on your write up, your are having this "fear of unknown" of what might happen between you two in the nearest future. I will say focus on the bright-side. Remember, Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Dyt:
What is Before, In Between and After?

Yeah we all know marriage is an institution between 2 persons with the aim to have offspring and companionship, but is this all we see and make of it?

I am a person that believes in relationship/marriage and tries to go far in making it work well except when it starts to affect my mental health (i cant go mad all in the name of i want it to work)

Some say marriage is easy while some say its a hard work, we all have different opinions..
I for one been married before, it didnt work not because i couldnt try but (my choice anyway)

I am considering going into another and all the things that we do that counts now may not in few years, I mean the sexiness, the kamasutra and all, well ofcourse i am not just gonna be offering just sex, we both got more to keep us going for a 100years to come (my favourite part is the friendship and companionship)...

I am scared sometimes waking up to him every other day and same way it excites me cheesy cheesy grin grin

How has it been with those married for 5years and counting? the joy, feeling, the tears, the arguments, the sex, I mean all of it....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 5:24pm On May 28, 2020
KoolBigk:
Marriage is sweet when you marry a reasonable partner who is always there for you, come rain, come sun shine!

I have been married for over 5 years with kids & still balling, looking forward to many more years with my partner.

Life itself isn't bed of roses , but what you make out of every situations' matters a lot. Yes, we disagree & argue at times but we never allowed all that to change or define us!

I tell the young folks, it's best to fall in love with both of your head/sense & heart. Sadly, most people fall in love today with just their heart. So, When your heart is leading you south 'cos you blinded with love, your head can call you back home.

Have it in mind, love alone is not sufficient to make marriage works. There many other essential factors aside love like compatibility, truthfulness, compassionate, compromising & the likes. Above all the fear of God.

I see based on your write up, your are having this "fear of unknown" of what might happen between you two in the nearest future. I will say focus on the bright-side. Remember, Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Thanks for sharing
I will also keep in mind the last paragraph

Ire ooo

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by ramatintin(m): 5:25pm On May 28, 2020
sisisioge:
Hmmmm....definitely sounds scary and fun at the same time. If he's truly your friend, it would be more fun than scary. I know two people who got married as besties....they are still going strong now even though they've had their share of struggles.

Do it baby! grin grin grin
This marry your bestie crap, that's not a guarantee your marriage will last.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Hathor5(f): 5:33pm On May 28, 2020
franugo:

What was wrong with the one you had?

Nothing. I had many great teachers. smiley
I am most grateful to them.
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Hathor5(f): 5:35pm On May 28, 2020
See thread opened from a positive place. cool
This is how it is done. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Before And After by cutechioma1: 5:36pm On May 28, 2020
I think the expectations of life can be hard on a marriage. Thought I married my best friend, until we actually got married and he changed. Always hooking up with his exs, finds it hard staying at home, drinks a lot. He told me on our wedding night that he never thought he will marry a girl like me( meaning he could have done better). Our marriage has never been the same since then. He claims its because he has not been stable financially and I'm always the one paying the bills. I have not complained cos I know how much he hustling. Now 8 years and I'm thinking of calling it quits. I'm always feeling sad, depressed and resentment.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by canDy4eva(f): 5:37pm On May 28, 2020
Liposure:
u hav no right 2 call him a fool. Dats his opinion. am a xtian too

Hello...

I never called him a fool!

I only quoted a part of the Bible.

If it fits his description, then SO BE IT!

AM A CHRISTIAN TOO.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Rahym001(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

Sometimes we all need sense Don't you think you need more?
na question d person ask.

being married for 6yrs & counting
with marriage comes experience
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 5:39pm On May 28, 2020
cutechioma1:
I think the expectations of life can be hard on a marriage. Thought I married my best friend, until we actually got married and he changed. Always hooking up with his exs, finds it hard staying at home, drinks a lot. He told me on our wedding night that he never thought he will marry a girl like me( meaning he could have done better). Our marriage has never been the same since then. He claims its because he has not been stable financially and I'm always the one paying the bills. I have not complained cos I know how much he hustling. Now 8 years and I'm thinking of calling it quits. I'm always feeling sad, depressed and resentment.

I feel it's kinda hard for you sharing this
But I keen on knowing how YOU have been able to manage your mental health

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 5:40pm On May 28, 2020
Rahym001:

na question d person ask.

being married for 6yrs & counting

with marriage comes experience

Please choose to answer with your experience

We are waiting

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by canDy4eva(f): 5:44pm On May 28, 2020
Liposure:
Y should we seek him when he gave us freewill? And how is sex sinful

Like a prodigal son, freewill has doomed so many and is still destroying many. If God in his infinite mercy has gifted us with freewill, WHY NOT CHOOSE WISELY!

My Bible tells me that MARRIAGE IS HONORABLE WITH THE BED UNDEFILED.

PREMARITAL SEX IS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE A SIN. I DON'T CARE HOW THE WORLD SEES IT! THE WORD OF CHRIST IS MY STANDARD.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by canDy4eva(f): 5:47pm On May 28, 2020
Carchoice:
cry get out of my head!!!

If am on your head, trust me you wouldn't say a word grin grin grin grin
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Liposure: 5:47pm On May 28, 2020
canDy4eva:

Hello...
I never called him a fool!
I only quoted a part of the Bible.
If it fits his description, then SO BE IT!
AM A CHRISTIAN TOO.
alrite. Take care
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Liposure: 5:52pm On May 28, 2020
canDy4eva:

Like a prodigal son, freewill has doomed so many and is still destroying many. If God in his infinite mercy has gifted us with freewill, WHY NOT CHOOSE WISELY!

My Bible tells me that MARRIAGE IS HONORABLE WITH THE BED UNDEFILED.

PREMARITAL SEX IS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE A SIN. I DON'T CARE HOW THE WORLD SEES IT! THE WORD OF CHRIST IS MY STANDARD.
if its a sin, why do we develop sex hormones so early.
Re: Marriage: Before And After by oxiide22(m): 5:53pm On May 28, 2020
Nnaabros:

In class under this COVID situation? Where's that?
this is a fat lie from her hahahha

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by 001Usuf(m): 5:59pm On May 28, 2020
MARRIAGE
Before & After ;DMARRIAGE
Before & After

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Man Discovered That His Father Is Not His Real Dad 36 Years After / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / Best Way To Show Your Wife You Are Not Happy With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.