Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,581 members, 7,941,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood (706 Views)

All My Childhood Friends Who Are Married Are Now Shadows Of Themselves. / I Had Sex With My Childhood Crush, Now I Am Confused & Filled With Guilt / Throwback Thursday: A Phone big as cow -photo. See Memories We're Bringing Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2020
my childhood was quite eventful. I want to share a bit with nairaland Famz.

our television was like a wardrobe and it was black and white before colors came out.

as kids on the street, there were things like my tyre

1 Share

Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2020
Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by IceColdVeins(m): 11:21am On May 28, 2020
wink
Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:22am On May 28, 2020
we watched lots of programs like
checkmate
fuji house of commotion
flatmates
golden rockerz
tales by moon light
things we do for love
super story
edge of paradise
papa ajasco and company
I need to know
everyday people
domino on Ait
heaven gate on MBI(minaj broadcast international)
one love where bovi began his career

still remember this one

paradise park. who still remembers this song. the best comedy ogbonge comedy the best comedy wey go make you laugh.
I no go like to miss oooh

Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:23am On May 28, 2020
I attended schools like
queens nursery and primary babani street
st john nursery and primary school babani street
1st D'eko international school bale street
also attended adika international school orodu street for lessons
Cedec international school kudaisi street olodi apapa
kings high school satellite town

was given punishments like

Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:23am On May 28, 2020
reciting 2 times table in morning assembly
2x1 2
2x2 4
2x3 hhmm
2x4 hmmm
2x5 hmmm
always added baritone voice, then our headmater will say from the middle to the back recite it. come see how people will be trying to move to the front.

in the classrooms, there were front row, middle row and back benchers
people assumed front row were smart people, middle row were average and back benchers were nuisance.
parents always wants us to be sitting in the front row so that teachers would be able to monitor us like sitting in front row automatically means 1st position

as kids, we yabbed ourselves like you mess akpu fly gate

you mess okada get ikebe

you shit x3 you dey find the one wey resemble you

the first day you wash your pant for river, all the fish start to sing 'make we dey run disease dey come'
after round 1 original panadol extra oti gbege

Nigeria play ball Nigeria win
Kanu jump up 1 naira fall
Abacha pick am go buy chewing gum
yum yum yum yum chewing gum dey sweet but it was actually called chin gum
Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2020
india beat nigeria 99 - 1
india say if Nigeria score one goal den they go win the match
anytime the ball dey come Nigeria post, E go change to lion
samuel okparaji score him leg come bust

after messing up, we will hide the cane our father will beat us with

hated eating vegetables. would be forced by my mother. I am glad I was forced to eat vegetables

Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2020
how we tried to multiply our money by adding our 20 naira in kerosine, then put it in middle of a piece of paper from our exercise book. the color did come out

after school, we bought condense milk, zobo an these

big boyz had palitos or walkman

Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2020
when I was in secodary school, (kings high school as a boarding student) I learnt what shot-put was and did with my western brothers. No tribalism thinking about it now, It as fun especially one woman that will be saying "ha my shop" every single day

1st love letter. when I was in 1st D'eko, I was caught writing love letter and was made to read it in fron of the whole class. i wanted the ground to open and swallow me. after I always tried avoiding eye contact with the girl.

on fridays, we will darken our black-board with grounded charcoal or inside of tiger battery

always saw smokers and wondered if it was sweet. we tried ours with match sticks.
Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2020
we played games like pito pitoto pito
I kill my 1 star
I kill my 2 star
I kill my 3 star
I kill my 4 star
I kill my 5 star
I kill my 6 star
we played with rechargeable lamps especially the siren and pretend police are coming

listened to songs like zulezoo kerewa
djinee ego
style plus
p squre bizzy body
2 face african queen, if love is a crime
morachi hapuya like that
sammy okposo welu welu
buchi reggae gospel artist
jazzman olofin.

people watching matches at viewing centers. one day decided to goand watch, only to find out they paid money to watch matches
I believe my child hood was fun. we always wanted to grow to fast. now weare adult, we wish to go back to being kids.
during the christmas we always wanted to do fireworks (blow knockouts or banger). during christmas,
we wore shoes that produces lights, watches that didn't tell time, suits and alinco glasses.

Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2020
loving aki and paw paw growing up. how they suffered amechi muonagor or sam loco efe and my parents sometimes saying thes are bad influence on us kids. songs like dorcas is a quen eyoooh.

we did things like four man post and one touch when playing football on the street. most times we made football from pages of exercise books and cello-tape to play in class room

we were always afraid of names of noise makers. but there was always this person whose name was always there

when one class mate scope a new girl like this. the rest of he class will be like heeeeeyyy ooohhhh

Re: Throwback Thursday: A Glimpse Of My Childhood by kiddkash(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2020
when it was day to collect report card, we would hide it from our friends especially
if we didn't do very well and fro our parents. always trying to deflect when parents ask us for our report cards.
if your report card bore somethings like he plays too much, just know you are dead.

during graduation or end of school year, my school did plays, cultural dances and performed
diana ross he lives in me

indomie was new. they had songs like to me to you, its up to us to make the world a better place. blueband songs like B without BB

whenever adult wanted to tell us stories, it began like this
story story. we replied story
once upon a time, time time..
the stories were mostly about the tortoise escapades. we were told how tortoise is a very cunning animal plus why fowls eat cockroaches

I remeber how we will use 5 naira, go to aboki shop and steal more that 5 naira chewing gum or sweet.
ttr

(1) (Reply)

. / Whats Your Take On Female Circumcision / 20-year-old Woman Raped To Death Is Buried 18 Months After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.