Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,245 members, 7,967,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 09:35 PM

Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid (11179 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Deregistration Of 74 Political Parties / Appeal Court Overturns Deregistration Of 74 Political Parties By INEC / Court Affirms Deregistration Of 74 Parties By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by apexx3779: 8:25pm On May 28, 2020
[color=#] 4094866[/color]
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by fergie001: 8:26pm On May 28, 2020
ejimatic:
. The SC will have to say something on the deregistration matter and its relevance to fundamental human right of freedom of association...If challenged the decision will be in abeyance until it is determined by the SC

If they choose to appeal........
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by Top1gun: 8:31pm On May 28, 2020
BranddesignerH:
Hnmm
Sweetheart forget it there's no Democracy in Nigeria. The law will always be manipulated in favour of interests.

Whosoever controls the tempo is the Leader
You are a fool
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by senatordave1(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2020
fergie001:
ejimatic, senatordave1

I still maintain my stance that it cannot affect an ongoing legal process.it is not a ground for an election petition.as at the time of the election,was he qualified or not? This are the crix of the matter.
Let me also add that this is a different case from the other filed by 33 parties.they can always appeal or get a stay
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by fergie001: 8:53pm On May 28, 2020
senatordave1:

I still maintain my stance that it cannot affect an ongoing legal process.it is not a ground for an election petition.as at the time of the election,was he qualified or not? This are the crix of the matter.
Let me also add that this is a different case from the other filed by 33 parties.they can always appeal or get a stay
They will most likely appeal but....LM is de-registered for now...
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by TruthinAction: 8:53pm On May 28, 2020
I would have suggested two party system but if we adopt it, it will still be the same old cargoes that will be in charge. We need newbreed politicians of much younger age who don't have track record of corruption. I hope to be among very soon.

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by ejimatic: 9:14pm On May 28, 2020
senatordave1:

I have earlier made a similar comment .....I stand with you.
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by ejimatic: 9:17pm On May 28, 2020
fergie001:

If they choose to appeal........
. Whether it is challenged or not the petitioner in Bayelsa has the locus clasicus to challenge the eligibility of Diri,'s deputy.....
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by stickle(m): 9:26pm On May 28, 2020
[quote author=35824L post=90060947]I wish INEC can also deregister PDP.[/quote
]
You wicked o
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by mastermaestro(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2020
Top1gun:
You are a fool

Never call someone a fool, never.
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by joefengzy(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by fergie001: 10:04pm On May 28, 2020
ejimatic:
. Whether it is challenged or not the petitioner in Bayelsa has the locus clasicus to challenge the eligibility of Diri,'s deputy.....
Let the Court decide that....for now..we have established at the least...his party he seeks to join in the suit is de-registered.
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by surgical: 10:39pm On May 28, 2020
Abouwaza:
can INEC deregister politicians?
I have finally discovered our problem is not Party but the thieves in agbada who makes the party itself
where do you put the people that supports them and put them in power
Politicians are nothing without the people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by surgical: 10:42pm On May 28, 2020
ejimatic:
There is no independent candidacy
For you to be a candidate in an election in Nigeria you must be sponsored by a political party recognized by law
If your party is deregistered on what leg will the petitioner stand on in court

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 28, 2020
surgical:
where do you put the people that supports them and put them in power
Politicians are nothing without the people
thats another good point
but unfortunately we cant deregister them, as that will be an abuse on their right to vote,we can only try and educate them on how to choose a leader
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by bottlewater1(m): 2:15am On May 29, 2020
maggilove:
what have we been practising before?

it is multi party system and it is different from two party system
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by tk4rd: 3:33am On May 29, 2020
INEC news can vex me eeehn..
Any news wey carry that name INEC dey vex me wella
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by ejimatic: 6:32am On May 29, 2020
surgical:
There is no independent candidacy
For you to be a candidate in an election in Nigeria you must be sponsored by a political party recognized by law
If your party is deregistered on what leg will the petitioner stand on in court
. As at the time of election was there LM? Yes. As at the time of the election did LM have a candidate? Yes The candidate of LM who is not claiming to be declared winner can challenge an election he took part in in which there was a case of forgery........Conversely. if he wants to be declared winner he needs to stand on A party in his petition.
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by ejimatic: 6:35am On May 29, 2020
fergie001:

Let the Court decide that....for now..we have established at the least...his party he seeks to join in the suit is de-registered.
. We await the decision of the tribunal and appeals that will follow it to the SC.because both parties will challenge the decision of the tribunal either for or against and vice versa
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by mozezajene: 7:12am On May 29, 2020
I don spot a mary poppins fan. wink wink wink cheesy cheesy
Staphylococcus:
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by fergie001: 7:45am On May 29, 2020
ejimatic:
. We await the decision of the tribunal and appeals that will follow it to the SC.because both parties will challenge the decision of the tribunal either for or against and vice versa
Yea.....
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by barcaboi(m): 8:13am On May 29, 2020
BranddesignerH:
Hnmm
Sweetheart forget it there's no Democracy in Nigeria. The law will always be manipulated in favour of interests.

Whosoever controls the tempo is the Leader
Na by force to talk?
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by teemsyn: 8:25am On May 29, 2020
Abouwaza:
can INEC deregister politicians?
I have finally discovered our problem is not Party but the thieves in agbada who makes the party itself
Hmm. Thieves in Agbada! So, no thieves in suit? Mental Slavery.
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by Sososo(f): 8:28am On May 29, 2020
So that money will be made during reregistration. Can I become the chairperson reregistration committee?
Re: Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid by Nobody: 11:59am On May 29, 2020
teemsyn:

Hmm. Thieves in Agbada! So, no thieves in suit? Mental Slavery.
Ok we don see you

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh / BREAKING NEWS!!! Taraba State Governor, Dambaba Suntai Dead In An Aircrash / 3 Beneficiaries Of Amnesty Programme Graduate With First Class From Belarus.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.