Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,649 members, 7,889,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora (3474 Views)

Changing My Stock Broker? / Suggestions On A Stock Broker / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by whitelexi(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2007
On a very serious note, is it impossible to find a stock broker with a good and well updated website that allows me view my portfolio online
I have had numerous brokers but it seems they're all the same, you request for them to buy or sell a particular share and they only do it like 5 months after.
I seriously believe they buy these shares for themselves and later resell to me (knowing that i dont have any proof against them), that way, my money works for them first before it becomes any use to me.
Although i make good gains at the end of the day, i'm sick and tired of worrying over these little things, i have enough to keep me worrying in London! Even the CSCS system is in a mess cos i cant get through to their phones and the online registration thingie is just crap. . .  it doesnt work!

I want good communication, very fast response times, very reliable professional advise, someone i can get updates from on the web, by email, and by phone. If i have online banking for my account in Naija, surely it cant be too hard to find a broker who has similar technology.
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by dollyp1cute(f): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2007
AMEN TO THAT.

THAT IS WHY THOSE STUPID IDIOT FOLKS TOOK HOW MANY WEEKS TO BUY MB FOR ME AND WHEN I MADE SOME NOISE THEY WERE ABLE TO BUY MORE UPON THAT THE SILLY FOLKS KEPT THE CHANGE OF 90K AS CASH O.

NOW I HAVE SEEN FIRST INLAND BANK BEING BOUGHT AND SOLD ON MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE CALLED FOR THEM TO RECTIFY T[b]HIS IS DAY 7 AND WE ARE STILL COUNTING.[/b]

I FEEL LIKE AAAAAAAAAAARGGGG angry angry angry angry angry angry.

ANYWAY I AM HAPPY I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THIS PALAVA.

MEANWHILE THE ZENITH FOLKS NEED N5M THAT MEANS A TRIP TO THE LAG CITY HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET THAT ACROSS. OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WILL NOT BE KEEPING MY CASH FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL USE.

SHALL I GO ON?

SO I GO ON NSE TO CHECK THE CSCS THINGY HALF THE TIME THE NSE SITE IS DOWN, A WHOLE NSE (THEY NO GET SHAME) AND I FINALLY REGISTER WAITING FOR SOME ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF REGISTRATION NO SHOW, SOMEONE HELP ME HERE.

I CAN'T LEAVE MY JOB TO GO TO LAG O SORT THIS OUT.

MEANWHILE I GAVE A FRIEND SOME DOSH TO BE ACTING ON MY BEHALF BACK IN JAN AND APPARENTLY SHE BOUGHT SOME FIRST BANK, TRANSCORP AND WHAT'S NOT FOR ME OK, NO BIGGY, SEND ME THE DOCS AND MY CSCS NO COS SHE SUPPOSEDLY OPENED A BROKING ACCOUNT FOR ME, T[b]HIS IS DAY 25 AND WE ARE STILL COUNTING.[/b]

FORGET CASHCRAFT AND AFRIINVEST THEY HAVE NO COURTESY OF REPLYING TO COMMON EMAIL.

WHITELEXI MY MOTHER LAND DISAPPOINTS ME SO MANY TIMES I THINK I AM DISOWNING THEM
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by greatola1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
i've got a stock broker in lagos that does all my share dealings for me.
he sends me the form to sign and i post it back to him and send money to him to do the transaction for me.

I have tried to get stock broker here but to no avail so i stick with my guy for now.

i call him to know any latest developement and he calls me whenever there are good offers on the market.

if anyone is interested you can send me an email to lakefad@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by K2: 3:00am On Jun 15, 2007
deleted.
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by Leslexx: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2007
@whitelexi

can you hoo me up with a good broker? i'm also London based and would like to get into Naija Stock

@ All

Can anyone hook me up with or mention any a reputable broker in Naija?
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by Panadol(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2007
go with VETIVA.
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by whitelexi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2007
Leslexx:

@whitelexi

can you hoo me up with a good broker? i'm also London based and would like to get into Naija Stock

@ All

Can anyone hook me up with or mention any a reputable broker in Naija?

Well, I finally got me a good broker and i'm happy and rest assured. He keeps me updated regularly and things are going smoothly for once. We recently purchased a serious of shares at rock bottom price and IPOs that have some level of promise in them. He's got me registered with trade-alert and i get to know when he swings into action, within 24hrs after any purchase, i get an email containing the contract note for the transaction from his company's email system and their online portal is da bomb!
I hate to praise a company in naija this much but for once, i've found a company that operates somewhat close to the average british company. The only problem right now is that he explained that their server was being upgraded to provide us with a better service but its been almost a week and its not yet back up. I will not post my broker's contact details online, but i can post the company name and website - you will need to wait until it is back up sha  grin

If u want my broker's contact, i'll need to seek approval with him first, send an email to whitelexi@hotmail.com and i'll link u after he consents.

BTW the company is Cowry Asset Management Ltd and their website is http://www.cowryasset.com/
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by forexgiude: 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2007
IF YOU MUST INVEST THEN YOU MUST LEARN

GET YOUR FOREX LESSON CDs

SIX CDS FOR ONLY 3K NAIRA (EACH CD CONTAINS ABOUT 600MEGA BYTE OF INFORMATION). FULL AUDIO AND VIDEO, FULL STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO TRADE FX.

TO ORDER SEND EMAIL TO :bitterstone1@yahoo.no
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by atilla(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2007
My company deals with a lot of people that are not in Nigeria.

With my clients I keep in touch by mail and sometimes phone calls. They get automatic contract notes and their evaluations and statements every fridays. As from next month you will be able to check your account yourself on www.citiinvestcap.com
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by virusabbey(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2007
please what is the name of the stock broking firm?They seems too good to be true as my curerent stock broker is too slow andf they sell your stock maybe a week after you have asked them to sell for you, I need an active broker for my tradfing cos i really need to trade, My email address is biodun4eva@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by KnowAll(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2007
To The Gurus In the House

[size=14pt]IF you buy a share in the secondary mkt assuming this week, can you possible sell it say next week without any bottleneck beuacracy. Secondly how much would be the total deductions example (How much would go towards Tax and Commision ) from the proceeds. [/size]
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by atilla(m): 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2007
@virusabbey

no its not too good to be true. different companies have differenct performance points and thats ours for now: timely execution of mandates. the name is Citi Investment Capital. when you say trading you mean short term right? Thats fine no problem. Ill mail you soon.
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by Folake81(f): 9:02am On Sep 15, 2007
Hi everyone!, I want to invest in my motherland(say 5000 dollars). I have been reading alot on investing at home but I've lost my Nigerian Nationality and I don't reside in Nigeria. Is it possible to still open a domicilliary account with internet access and deal with nigerian shares. I do go homeonce a year though. Do the Gurus on this Forum have any Tips on stockbrokers or banks which offer the best services. Sorry that the Question is a bit off topic. Thanks in advance.
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by NBA(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2007
Folake81:

Hi everyone!, I want to invest in my motherland(say 5000 dollars). I have been reading alot on investing at home but I've lost my Nigerian Nationality and I don't reside in Nigeria. Is it possible to still open a domicilliary account with internet access and deal with nigerian shares. I do go homeonce a year though. Do the Gurus on this Forum have any Tips on stockbrokers or banks which offer the best services. Sorry that the Question is a bit off topic. Thanks in advance.

@Folake81

Check out the thread Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-79353.0.html
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by abujabooks(f): 6:12pm On May 02, 2008
Citi Investment Capital. Excellent customer service.
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by amaky(f): 5:20pm On May 26, 2008
WITH LEADCAPITAL YOU CAN VIEW YOUR ACOUNT ONLINE AND KNOW WATZ I N YOUR ACOUNT.THANKS FOR MOR DETAIL CONTACT 08035813065, OR rosycheekza@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by ojukpong: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2008
have you guys tried csl stockbrokers? they have dedicated staff(relationship managers for offshore & HNWIC) and brokers.

below are usefull contacts in csl.

Abiola Adekoya
CSL Stockbrokers Limited
3rd Floor, Primrose Towers
17a Tinubu Street Marina
Lagos, Nigeria
Tel:234 - 1 - 2713924 Ext 2346
Mobile: 234 - 80230 450 13
Fax: 2713929
E-MAIL:abiola.adekoya@firstcitygroup.com

Doosuur Hagher
Relationship Manager
CSL Stockbrokers Limited
17A Tinubu Street
Lagos
Nigeria
Mobile: 08034364868
D/L : 2713924 ext.2307
Fax : 2662033
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by amaky(f): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
TRY LEEADCAPITA
PLOT 281 AJOSE ADEOGUN VI LAGOS

27 WARF ROAD APAPA

WWW.LEADCAPITALNG.COM
Re: Stock Broker For Nigerians In Diaspora by wizzdem: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
,  want to play in the capital market. prompt execution of mandate, constant access to your account and valuation report on your investment portfolio, research backed advise on what stock to take position on or even more. CITI INVESTMENT CAPITAL LTD will make investing easy for you. for more info - call Anyachi on 08036694672.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Top Up Loans / Ghw Is Always One Step Ahead!!! See / How Can I Invest 200,000 Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.