Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,470 members, 7,974,910 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:54 PM

Online Cross Over Vigil Service : My Month Of Refreshing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Online Cross Over Vigil Service : My Month Of Refreshing. (159 Views)

List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service / Cross-over Service At Glory Dome, World’s Largest Church Auditorium, Abuja (PIX) / Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Cross Over Vigil Service : My Month Of Refreshing. by MFMRevivalist: 11:05pm On May 31, 2020
THE REVIVAL HOUR MINISTRY ON FACEBOOK PRESENTS : ONLINE CROSS OVER VIGIL.

STARTS 11AM.

THEME : CROSSING OVER TO THE MONTH OF REFRESHING.

PRAISE/WORSHIP (10 MINS)

FIRST PRAYER RAIN (THANKSGIVING PRAYERS)

1) Thank God for life.

2) Thank God for health.

3) Thank God for shelter, food, clothing and other provisions.

4) Thank God for protection and Guidiance.

5) Thank God for your family and loved ones.

6) Thank God for His promises, the ones fulfilled and the ones still fulfilling.

7) Thank God for where you were, where you are and where He is taking you to.

cool Thank God for the church.

9) Thank God for the Nation.

10) Thank God for the world.

11) Thank God for His word.

12) Thank God for being able to pray.

13) Thank God for the salvation of your soul.

14) Thank God for technology in such a time as this.

15) Thank God for Online Ministries that God has raised and has been using to meet the spiritual needs of people during this times.

16) Thank God for giving you phone and data to connect with.

17) Thank God for being educated enough to use it.

18) Thank God what He is about to do for you this month.

19) Thank God for the Revival Hour Ministry and for making it the vessel of this programme.

20) Thank God for counting you worthy to be amongst those who are connecting to this vigil.

21) Thank God for accepting your thanks.

OPENING PRAYER :

In Jesus Name, Father we thank you for life. We thank you that we didn't start this year and die afterwards. You have seen us through January, February, March, April, May and now to June. Be thou exalted in the name of Jesus.

We pray that as we go into your word, that you encounter us and fill us afresh with new grace sufficient enough to see us through the month of June, In the name of Jesus.

Make this month exceptional Lord. thank you for answering our prayers. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

TEXT: Acts 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

## What does it mean to be refreshed?

To be refreshed or to refresh means to make something fresh again. Anywhere "re" starts a word, it means to do something again. To refresh means to re-new, to re-brand, to re-do, to re-make, to restore or to re-start.

## Who needs to be refreshed?

In one area or the other, everyone needs to be refreshed. Something that is fresh is that which is new, recently made, original, natural and in a good condition. One who needs to be refreshed is one who has lost all these goodly qualities. When your life is refreshed, there would be Divine Restoration.

## Let's look at some examples of those that needs refreshing:

1) A marriage that has become the opposite of what it used to be.

2) A student whose brain has been tampered with.

3) A business that use to make more profits than it does now.

4) A person who use to easily get favors from people more than now.

5) One who use to remember his/her dreams clearly but doesn't anymore.

6) A believer who use to serve God better than now.

7) A person who use to be lively, happy and friendly towards people but stops as a result of getting too many heart breaks and betrayals.

cool Those whose pasts are better than their present.

9) Those who are getting weak, tired of life and are beginning to fail in strength.

10) Those who have been going back to their vomit.

11) Those who are having health issues.

12) Those who have one way or the other find themselves in this online service. I want you to know that you are not connected by mistake but by a Divine appointment.

Furthermore, you may sometimes look at your life and wonder why you that used to use meat to cook has suddenly find it hard to even afford fish. This is because you need Refreshing.

You may sometimes examine yourself and wonder why you that used to pray for hours without getting tired has suddenly start finding it hard to pray even for 15 mins. This is because you need refreshing.

You may sometimes think of how you use to be the one to give to those you are now collecting from. This is because you need refreshing.

Refreshing is for those who were formerly in a good condition. If there is no refreshing, there can not be a revival. We need to be made fresh for fresh fire. God will not put new oil in an old vessel until it is renewed.

Refreshing can be needed spiritually , financially, emotionally or in every areas of a person's life.

## How does refreshing starts ?

Refreshing doesn't start at once, but is a gradual process. That is why the bible talks about the "Times of Refreshing".

## What must we do to be refreshed?

According to our bible text, we need to Repent and get Converted. To further understand better, let's explain them one by one.

1) Repentance : To repent is not just to confess and ask for forgiveness of our sins from God, but to TURN AWAY from them. No matter how much you confess your sins and ask for God's forgiveness , if you don't turn away from doing them, then you have not yet repented.

2) Conversion : The conversion being talked about in that scripture by apostle peter was for the unbelievers to become born again. but in reference to our message tonight, it is changing of character or behavior. Moreso, conversion is almost the same as repentance only that it is the result of genuine Repentance. To convert, simply means to change into something else. After you have turned away from your sins, you need to be converted. Holiness is not achieved at once but by continuos conversion into the image of God as we repent from our sins. For instance, if you say you have stopped lying, you need to start saying the truth. If you have stopped stealing, you need to start restituting. And If you have stopped gossiping, you need to start speaking good of others.

## Repentance And Conversion.

Beloved, God wants liars to become honest. God wants cheaters to become fair. God wants the unfaithful to start being faithful. God wants the proud to become humble. God wants the stingy to become givers. And God wants the selfish to become selfless. That is what His Word meant by repent and be converted. In fact, the best way to know if someone has truly repented is to see if they have been converted into the opposite of what they use to be. Repentance without conversion is like being in a journey and turning from the wrong direction to the right direction, without following it.

This is why we remain in the same condition as Christians despite claiming to have repented. You see, God doesn't want you to stop looking good, He only wants you to stop dressing worldly. God doesn't want you to stop using phone, but that you should stop using it more than necessary. God doesn't want you to stop watching TV but that you should watch what you watch and don't let it take His place in your life. That is what apostle Peter meant by Repentance and Conversion in our text . It is Doing away with who you used to be and turning a new leaf entirely. For instance, you can not quit your job except you have gotten another one. Even if God says you shouldn't work, it is becuase he wants to prepare you for something better.

Repentance is for you to stop doing something and conversion is to start doing something else. Repentance is turning away from Old things but conversion is replacing them with new things. By doing them, we begin to reflect the image of Christ in our lives. That is how to get repented and converted.

Beloveth, after all these requirements must have been met, refreshing then comes. Refreshing is now God giving to you the grace to be better than you used to be and to sustain you not to become spoilt again. Please don't forget, refreshing is a continuous action and not something that happens once. Note : it is God that sends refreshing.

In conclusion

As a result of this lockdown, alot of people have changed into what they are not. Those who are enjoying the lockdown are more than they who are not. spiritual lives needs to be refreshed. Our finances needs to be refreshed. Our brains needs to be refreshed. Our minds needs to be refreshed. And Our love for God needs to be refreshed. If refreshing doesn't come, we may perform poorly when we fully resume into our various endeavors, when the lockdown is finally over.

I believe God wants to refresh us that is why we are in the situation we find ourselves in now. For during this times, families have been United, prodigals has returned back to God, talents are being discovered and Christians are taking God more seriously. Even so, there's still more refreshing that needs to be done. Many who don't have sufficient savings are finding it hard to survive, many who are not strong in the Lord are finding it hard to worship at home, and students who are not so doing well before in their academics are getting duller as they stay at home. All these and more explains the need for there to be a Refreshing.

By the grace of God, the prayers in our second prayer rain section has been designed to turn our hearts back to God for His refreshing upon our lives. God bless you as you pray.

SECOND PRAYER RAIN.

Begin to sing any song of praise to God.

22) As I begin to pray these prayers, O Lord, turn my heart back to you, in Jesus name.

23) My Father, forgive me for all the times I grieved your Holy spirit, in the name of Jesus.

24) O Lord, forgive me for all the times I did my will instead of yours, in the name of Jesus.

25) O Lord, forgive me for all the times I was insensitive to your voice, in the name of Jesus.

26) O Lord, forgive me for the times I moved before you asked me to, in the name of Jesus.

27) O Lord, forgive me for all the times I justified my sins, in the name of Jesus.

28) O Lord, have mercy and forgive me for having compared myself with other people, in the name of Jesus

29) O Lord, forgive me for all the times I complained instead of praying, in the name of Jesus.

30) O Lord, forgive me for all the times I counted my problems more than my blessings, in the name of Jesus.

31) O Lord, forgive me for the times I thought Repentance and asking for your mercy is for only the unbelievers, in the name of Jesus.

32) O Lord, forgive me for the times I blamed you for my predicament, in the name of Jesus.

33) O Lord, forgive me for the times I focused on where I am not instead of where you are taking me to, in the name of Jesus.

34) O Lord, forgive me for the times I didn't take my dreams seriously, in the name of Jesus.

35) O Lord, forgive me for the times I laughed at dirty jokes, in the name of Jesus

36) O Lord, forgive me for the times I contributed to discussions that condemned the church and your servants, in the name of Jesus.

37) O Lord, forgive me for the times I delayed in doing what you asked me to do, in the name of Jesus.

38) O Lord, forgive me for the times I rushed out of your presence, in the name of Jesus.

39) O Lord, forgive me for the times I gave my time, energy and attention to ungodly things, in the name of Jesus.

40) O Lord, forgive me for the times I sought counsel from man when I was supposed to come to you, in the name of Jesus.

41) O Lord, forgive me for the times I lusted at the opposite sex, in the name of Jesus.

42) O Lord, forgive me for the times I dressed indecent, in the name of Jesus.

43) O Lord, forgive me for the times i went against your warnings, in the name of Jesus.

44) O Lord, forgive me for the times I trusted medications other than your Divine healing power when I was sick, in Jesus name.

45) O Lord, forgive me for the times I depended on my strength rather than on your sufficient grace, in Jesus name.

46) O Lord, forgive me for the times I didn't look above for help but beneath from man, in Jesus name.

47) Lord Jesus, come into my heart, and wash me with your precious blood, in the name of Jesus.

48) O God, restore back my first love for you, in the name of Jesus.

49) O God arise and break me into what can easily be remoulded for your use, in the name of Jesus.

50) Holy Ghost, overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.

51) Power of the most High, come upon me, in the name of Jesus.

52) Holy Ghost, arise and perform a surgical operation in my foundation, in the name of Jesus.

53) My refreshing shall not pass me by this month (June) , in the name of Jesus.

54) Thank God for answered prayer.

CLOSING PRAYER : As always Lord, you have seen us through another wonderful online service. And therefore we return all the glory and give you thanks in Jesus name. We ask that all that we have heard and have prayed for, be made manifest in our lives in Jesus name. Throughout this month we decree no more embargo in the name of Jesus. Do not let this word stand against us before the great white throne of judgement, in Jesus name. Do not stop chastising us and turning our hearts back to you. In Jesus name we pray amen.

SHARE THE GRACE AND FELLOWSHIP.

7 PERFECTION HALLELUJAH !!!

HALLELUJAH ! HALLELUJAH ! HALLELUJAH ! HALLELUJAH ! HALLELUJAH ! HALLELUJAH ! HALLELUJAH !!!

GOD BLESS YOU.

YOUR FRIEND IN THE SCHOOL OF PRAYER AND DELIVERANCE : ANTHONY AKHIGBE.

SHALOM.

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis / Like Begets Like / God Can Meet Your Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.