Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:36 AM

"I Won't Influence Your Callup To Black Stars", Exghana International Tells Son - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Won't Influence Your Callup To Black Stars", Exghana International Tells Son (358 Views)

Who Replaces Ndidi For Black Stars Clash? / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Why Black Stars Will Defeat Super Eagles – Bortey / ‘I Wish I Could Play For Nigeria’ – Fatau Dauda (ghana Black Stars Keeper) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Won't Influence Your Callup To Black Stars", Exghana International Tells Son by HappyNigerian: 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
Former Ghana international, Samuel Osei Kuffour has disclosed that he will be excited to see his son play for the country's national team but has urged him to work hard to earn a call-up.

The former international is one of the best players to have ever played for the national team, the Black Stars.

However, Osei retired from the national team after the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Speaking to Joy Sports in an interview, the Bayern Munich legend revealed that one of his kids is currently playing in England and is eager to play for the Ghana national team.

According to him, he cannot use his influence as a country legend to help him earn a call up adding he must work hard to earn to his call up on merit.

“I want him [junior] to choose what he wants to do. It depends on him [to choose the country he plays for] but my influence will play a major role. Yesterday we were just texting," he told Joy Sports.

“I posted my picture of 20 years ago on my status. He said ‘daddy I have seen that picture’. It was Ghana against Cameroon in 2000. He told me ‘I would love to be in this jersey one day’. I told him that God willing, he will be there but he has to put an effort.

“He needs to work hard for it. He cannot get it on a silver platter because his dad is Sammy Kuffour. It doesn’t work like that. He said he understands.

“He can play in the midfield, he can play as a centre back so I watched him playing and I was really impressed. Don’t you think Abedi Pele is happy right now [seeing his children playing for Ghana]? I will be happy if it happens with mine,” he added.

Kuffour won his first cap as a 17-year-old in a game against Sierra Leone on 28 November 1993. He had previously been part of every national team – junior, youth and Olympic level – and became the full squad's captain at the age of 23.

Kuffour had burst onto the international scene at age 13. At the junior level, he was a member of the Ghana side that won the 1991 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Italy and the one that was runner-up to Nigeria in the 1993 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Japan. At youth level, he appeared with the team that finished second to Brazil during the 1993 FIFA World Youth Championship in Australia.

Kuffour became the youngest Olympic Football Champion of all-time when he collected bronze at the 1992 Olympics just before his 16th birthday. He was also a member of the squad that reached the quarterfinals at the same level in 1996.

Kuffour also made one appearance for his country at the 2006 FIFA World Cup finals, against Italy. After a costly mistake in that first match, a 0–2 loss, he was dropped for the next three games as Ghana bowed out in the round-of-16 against Brazil.
https://www.inform.ng/post/i-wont-influence-your-callup-to-black-stars-ex-ghana-international-tells-son
Re: "I Won't Influence Your Callup To Black Stars", Exghana International Tells Son by paulolee(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
dts good even if its lie

(1) (Reply)

He Made $500,000 Every Time He Punched Someone. / Five Teams That Will Win This Weekend / OFFICIAL: Fans To Return To Football Stadiums In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.