Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,581 members, 7,929,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:22 AM

My Colour My Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Colour My Health (157 Views)

Port Harcourt Black Soot Is Affecting The Atmospheric Colour: Video / Pinkish Colour Of The Balls, Thigh Area / Scoochies (skushi) - Is It Really Good For My Health? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Colour My Health by Aykad: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
color is a visual perceptive before appearance of an object which sources may be described in terms of hue, lightness, brightness and saturation, with names such as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or purple.

Vegetables surely falls into one category in the color space, with each colour carrying its own unique disease fighting chemicals called phytochemicals, which are chemical compounds produced by plants, mainly to help them flourish against competitors, predators, or pathogens. 

Fruit and vegetables such asTomato, Red capsicum, Radishes, Strawberries, Rhubarb, Cherries, Red grapes, Raspberries, Watermelon, Red apples are coloured by a natural plant pigment called lycopene, which is a bright red carotenoid hydrocarbo and an antioxidant that can help reduce heart related diseases and cancer.

Anthocyanin are water-soluble​vacuolar pigments, which usually may appear red, purple, blue or black depending on their pH. Food plants rich in anthocyanins include the blueberry, raspberry, black rice, Beetroot, Red cabbage, Eggplant, Purple, asparagus, Blackberries, Blueberries, Purple grapes
and Plums. Anthocyanin pigment fruit and vegetables protect cells from damage and can help reduce the risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease.

Carotenoids are yellow, orange, and red organic pigments that are produced by plants and algae, as well as several bacteria, and fungi. They give distinctive characteristic color to pumpkins, carrots, corn, tomatoes, canaries,flamingos, salmon, lobster, shrimp, Carrots Rock melon, Lemons, Sweet potato, Pineapples, Mangoes, Oranges, Squash, Peaches, Grapefruit. Carotenoids are converted to vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy mucous membranes and healthy eyes.

Green vegetables consist of phytochemicals such as carotenoid, insoles and saponins, which all are anti cancer agent. Broccoli and spinach green leaf are also good sources of folate. other green vegetables include Asparagus, Avocados, Peas, Green apples, Green grapes, Limes, Kiwifruit, Green beans, Lettuce, Cabbage, Celery, Cucumber, Green capsicum, all of which are also excellent sources of nutrients.

Garlic as one of the Brown/White group, containing a wide range unique phytochemicals such as Allicin, which is known to be an antioxidants and antibacterial. other member includes, Cauliflower, Brown pears, Mushrooms, White peaches, Dates, Onions, Ginger, Parsnips, Turnip, with potatoes and bananas which are also promoting source of potassium.

Read More @: https://healthwizse..com/2020/06/my-colour-my-health.html

(1) (Reply)

Nasarawa State Lawmaker, 3 Others Dies From Covid-19 Complication - Gov Sule / FG Issues Fresh Threats To Ban Worship Centers If Guidelines Are Not Followed / Covid-19 Deaths By Race And Ethnicity In The U.s.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.