Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,180 members, 7,943,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS (70313 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / Coronavirus: 'Abuja Hotel Cancels Reservation Because I'm Married To Italian' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by atoleybaba(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

You are Lifted my Beloved Brother
your answer is in proverb 27:12
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Olumyyde(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
AS(man) + AS(woman) = AA, AS, AS, SS(child)

It's a 1/4 or 25% possibility for every child birthed by you guys to have the SS genotype. That's the medical interpretation, but are you ready to take the risk? Be guided please.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by PastorFire: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nairalandgirl:
God punish you and that your wicked fiancée.
I lost a friend last month to Sickle cell.
He was never healthy.
Drank carton of drugs everyday.
Hands and legs will swell today ,go down tomorrow
Always on crushes.
Hospital in and out.
That has been his life from birth till he finally died.
I pray your children hate and despise you.
At this century, you still want to produce SS..
What sort of wickedness is this?
cry cry cry cry
Can i really go on with an SS? I'm AA
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Otsealu1(f): 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Good luck
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by peculiar2021(m): 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Think about it.... it's a life time journey so you won't be full of regrets
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by SeniorGee(m): 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
For the sake of your children and your own peace of mind, pls don't. Even the love of your life will turn on you. No do am abeg.
On the other hand if you must then check out the fertility clinics let them select the correct genes and reintroduce into your wife to avoid SS. Seek counsel from the medical guys.
Goodluck
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Rotimi47: 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.
Mortality in Sickle Cell Disease. Life Expectancy and Risk Factors for Early Death
O S Platt et al. N Engl J Med. 1994.
Free article Show details
Full-text links
Cite

Abstract
Background: Information on life expectancy and risk factors for early death among patients with sickle cell disease (sickle cell anemia, sickle cell-hemoglobin C disease, and the sickle cell-beta-thalassemias) is needed to counsel patients, target therapy, and design clinical trials.

Methods: We followed 3764 patients who ranged from birth to 66 years of age at enrollment to determine the life expectancy and calculate the median age at death. In addition, we investigated the circumstances of death for all 209 adult patients who died during the study, and used proportional-hazards regression analysis to identify risk factors for early death among 964 adults with sickle cell anemia who were followed for at least two years.

Results: Among children and adults with sickle cell anemia (homozygous for sickle hemoglobin), the median age at death was 42 years for males and 48 years for females. Among those with sickle cell-hemoglobin C disease, the median age at death was 60 years for males and 68 years for females. Among adults with sickle cell disease, 18 percent of the deaths occurred in patients with overt organ failure, predominantly renal. Thirty-three percent were clinically free of organ failure but died during an acute sickle crisis (78 percent had pain, the chest syndrome, or both; 22 percent had stroke). Modeling revealed that in patients with sickle cell anemia, the acute chest syndrome, renal failure, seizures, a base-line white-cell count above 15,000 cells per cubic millimeter, and a low level of fetal hemoglobin were associated with an increased risk of early death.

Conclusions: Fifty percent of patients with sickle cell anemia survived beyond the fifth decade. A large proportion of those who died had no overt chronic organ failure but died during an acute episode of pain, chest syndrome, or stroke. Early mortality was highest among patients whose disease was symptomatic. A high level of fetal hemoglobin predicted improved survival and is probably a reliable childhood forecaster of adult life expectancy.

Comment in
Mortality in sickle cell disease.
Rodgers GP, et al. N Engl J Med. 1994. PMID: 8084346 No abstract available.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
Matters of this nature is more personal decision. a friend of mine had a similar situation which he went on and got married against advises from well meaning friends and family, in fact they both decided that they will not have children as the love was too much to separate both. sad to say the marriage lasted for less than a year as there interest and taste begin to change weeks after marriage , my advice is that you prayerfully consider the wealthy nature of the decision you're about to take. wish you the best Life after marriage.

2 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by salford1: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
I wonder if you can be given an injection to make you sterile.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Semaj77(m): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
ITbomb:
Is that how much you hate your children? To have them born with intentional defects?

A wise parent and man of God should never bless your marriage

I thought men of God believed more in the power of the supernatural than in science . More so it doesn't mean the kids will automatically have defects ( sickle cell in this case ) , there's a 75% chance for each child to not be a sickler

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Ilovebeer(m): 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.
the blood of AS children you will have will be on your miserable head then you will understand that love is not enough to sustain marriage. You better call it of before thunder locate you, I don't know the Church that will even wed you. I hope you guys have told your parents about your careless decisions.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Bejusttoall: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Please consider the excruciating pains you are about to expose your unborn children to, therefore rethink. Though I don't know the level of your faith in God, because with God, all things are possible .
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
Una eye go clear naso e dey sweet from beginning but bitter in the end

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Just make sure that any time she's pregnant, u test the foetus genotype and if its SS, u abort the baby. Good luck
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by redcliff: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
towtow and preek and been man's downfall from time immemorial...
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Alezy(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Seems they invited all the ladies of NL to make a comment on this thread.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Mayng01(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Continue! Your eye go clear soon.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by safarigirl(f): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Na your real face be that for your profile, Abeg change that picture, it doesn't worth it.

Anyways, Yoruba Ladies dey resemble each other Sha. Their face looks alike. That's how their face be Sha.

Thanks for the shout out
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Pweedydaughter(f): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Eayah..... Na body go tell u...

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by ndidibabe(f): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

You are a fool. A big fool!
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Juliearth(f): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Nothing wrong in doing that, but please make sure you don't procreate. Adoption is your only option for now, until there is a breakthrough in research in respect to this. I wish you all the best. True love, indeed, conquers all.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by RedBororo(m): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Dear you might feel bad the way people are reacting, but avoid it when you can, my parent were AS and am AS, have a sister that is SS and till now I know how we all share the pain
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by NUHUUSMAN(m): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
AS to AS? Sorry please don’t even try that because at the end you will feel sad for what you are going see.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by NiCurious: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
They could choose to adopt. Nothing wicked about that at all, quite the opposite.

2 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Stillthebest: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
shocked

Remember when the late Idahosa wanted to raise that dead man in q casket. He didnt look at it. He turned his back at the corpse. You know why? His face couldn't carry it face to face. He handled it like there was no dead man before him. Then, yeh! The man Rose from the dead.

Go along with your faith and fate. It the former carries it you will be fine. But if the later brings you the so much Expected, as you actually need to pretend none of you is AS, then be ready to face a grave punishment from God for bringing kids to suffer. Hence, if you are lucky to have your first child as AA, JUST stop reproducing immediately because you won't be lucky the second time.

2 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by loosecanon50(m): 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Amanee:
And so?

Who will end up with SS kids? You think you're doing me?

Chai, your mouth no goo oh grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by salamudeen(m): 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Just keep shut and make it here please

check signature

1 Share

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by biomedics(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Una eyes go soon clear.

Too much love ko
Too much ignorance ni
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Itisallright: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
She might turn to your enemy of life when the wahala start.... pray you never see the trouble of SS
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by yankison(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
You are just a fool not a matter of choice ... Na just Oode u be ... Common get out ..and go to hell with you life
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Blackmiserable(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nairalandgirl:
God punish you and that your wicked fiancée.
I lost a friend last month to Sickle cell.
He was never healthy.
[b]Drank carton of drugs everyday.
Hands and legs will swell today ,go down tomorrow
Always on crushes.
Hospital in and out.
[/b]That has been his life from birth till he finally died.
I pray your children hate and despise you.
At this century, you still want to produce SS..
What sort of wickedness is this?
cry cry cry cry
No! No!!! Just stop it.

Please stop it!!!

But seriously, people need to check for compatibility and sweep love down the drain for once.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by akanbiaa(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Seems OP is marrying a very wealthy girl from wealthy background and willing to take the risk at the cost of the pains he might cause to his future children or he just need to get something from her and later leave her and marry or impregnate another. If it's genuine love you will want her to marry AA and she will want you to Marry AA. Except if you can do stem cell transplant that will change your genotype back to AA if it actually works learnt it's very expensive around 70 to 80 million Naira equivalent in USA and Europe https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-stem-cell-therapy-helps-sickle-cell-disease-sufferers-266751.html/amp?espv=1
and you must first find donor that matches and if its not a family member you pay the person and you will be on treatment on bed for a year and it's SS to AS or SS to AA,they expect AS or AC to marry AA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus Survivor Says Chloroquine Saved His Life / Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (graphic Photos) / Please Help! What Should I Apply On My Torn Anus! This Hurts!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.